Cubicles

Chapter Four

[Still in Franks POV]

The sound of a door bell rang through my ears and woke me up. I uncurled myself from the recliner and walked to the door, yawning and scratching my ass (hey, other guys do it too!). Checking the peek whole, I opened the door and stared at the anxious eyes of the FedEx man.

I leaned against the door frame and relaxed a little. "Hey, if it's anything larger than a normal TV I don't want it. Oh, and I don't want anymore thick envelopes either." I told him, yawning again.

"Well um….sir… does that mean I have to take that gorgeous yellow Porsche …" He said fidgeting, looking around.

"Uh I guess." I told him.

"But, sir, they might take it to an auction where someone unworthy of its beauty and prettiness will own it and and and… I …" He stuttered.

"Dude, just keep it and fuck off. Please." I told me beginning to shut the door.

"Oh lord! Sweet Jesus! THANK YOU!" He told me, running down the hall to the front apartment door.

I closed the door and went to the bathroom. After taking my morning piss and brushing my teeth I took out a fresh suit and tie. I then got my car keys, my SK, and locked the door.

Out side I couldn't find my rusted piece of shit that I call a car. A constant beeping noise caught my attention.

"HEY! HEY! That's my car, what the hell are you doing?" I hollered, running towards the tow truck that was loading my car.

"Excuse me but, who are you?" A thick dude with a blonde beard asked me.

"That doesn't concern you, OK? It's my car! I wasn't parked in a no-parking zone so you have no right to tow it away!"

"Sir, we have the authority to tow away your car." A guy told me, getting out of the drivers seat of my car.

"Authority from whom?!" I asked, getting steamed faster than I'm used to.

"That doesn't matter to you, now does it?" He told me, rolling his sleeves up and staring me in the eye. "Besides, the engine is messed up and some wires are disconnected."

"The hell it does!! Tell me, who gave you permission to tow away my fucking car!!" I screamed.

The sound of a walkie talkie filled the air, pausing our heated argument.

"Vincent to Robert. Robert, come in. Is Frank's car towed away yet?" The familiar voice filled my ears, making my blood boil over.

I raced to the walkie talkie in the front seat of the tow truck and snatched it away from the hands of, I assume, Robert.

"Vincent give me my fucking car back!!!" I screamed into the device.

Not soon after Roberts cell phone started ringing.

"Hey boss." He answered.

A pause.

"Sir, you gave us permission to do so but he saw us and we started arguing."

Another pause.

"Do we still get paid?"

A short pause. Roberts face contorted into a shocked expression.

"Fine..." End of conversation.

"Give him back his car." Bobby whispered to the other dude.

In a few minutes my car was released and I drove off to work, worried that I was late.

My clock in my car wasn't working so I didn't know if I got to work on time or not. When I found a parking spot and walked inside everyone was out of their cubicles, throwing confetti, blowing whistles, beeping horns and hollering. An absolute look of confusion masked my face.

I walked through the sea of people, headed towards mine and Gerard's cubicle. I giggled at the thought of something of Gerard's being mine. Once I reached our cubicle I asked Gerard why everyone was celebrating. He told me it was the 7th year the corporation has been in business. I nodded in understanding and had some cake and coffee.

The rest of the day we didn't have to do any work. Boss invited all the employees to a fancy restaurant to celebrate. It started at 8. When work finished I went to my car and tried to start it up. I tried several times but no dice. Gerard came out the building and saw me struggling to turn my car on.

"Need some help there, small fry?" He asked me, sipping on his coffee.

"Um…Yea. It won't start." I told him, trying again but failed miserably.

"Want me to drop you off at your house? Or…do you want to risk turning yourself into a human icicle by walking home?" He asked giggling a bit at his own joke.

"HM the human icicle sounds a bit tempting." I told him sarcastically.

He laughed and walked to his car. I got out and went into the passenger's seat of his car. When Gerard started this car up my SK started vibrating indicating that I have an Instant Message. I opened the little box and it was from Wendy.

xPikachuuuuu Rocksx: dude can you pick me up from work?

xPikachuuuuu Rocksx: I forgot to bring money for the bus L

FRANKIEsteinMONSTER: um yea sure

xPikachuuuuu Rocksx: J Thanx, love<3

"Gerard? Can you pick up my friend? I don't mean to, you know, cause a burden but she needs a ride home." I asked, hoping he said yes.

" Oh yea, sure, no problem." He answered, driving up the road. "Where to?"

"Star bucks" I told him, looking at the snowflakes falling from the sky. Gerard slammed his fist into the dashboard and scared the fuck out of me.

"What the hell?!" I asked, almost jumping out of my tattooed skin.

"Hahaha, sorry I didn't mean to scare you." He apologized, rubbing the back of his neck. He slammed his fist on to the dashboard again. "Stupid heater…" He muttered.

When we arrived at Star bucks Wendy was on the floor making a snow angel. With a tank top and basketball shorts on she looked like a mental patient. People bundled up in multiple shirts, coats, and socks looked at her with wide eyes.

"Dude, get your ass in the car!" I laughed at her childness.

"Hey Frankie!" She said, getting up and wiping the snow off of her bottom and back. "And… Gerard?" She said shocked. Weird. It looked like…never mind.

I'm probably imagining that she was trying not to smile and that she knew something I didn't.

I looked at Gerard and looked at Wendy. Gerard looked like he saw a flying pig.

"Wendy?" He asked, shaking his head as if this is a bad dream. I looked at Gerard and it looked like he winked at her. A shot a jealousy was pushed through my veins.

"You guys KNOW each other?" I asked, shocked as fuck.

"Yep! Me and Gerard met me when he first started working at the job. My dads the Boss there," She told me. She noticed my 'WTF? And you didn't tell ME?!' look and she got in the car and buckled up. "I didn't tell you?" She asked me.

"Ugh NO." I told her glaring at her. Why hadn't she told me? I thought she was my best friend…

"Sorry Frankie." She apologized and hugged me as best as she could from the back seat.

The ride home was very awkward and quiet. The only thing that was in a better mood was the CD in the stereo. American Idiot was on repeat, thanks to Wendy. By the time Gerard dropped me off at my apartment the song repeated 5 times. I basically knew the whole song, what string the strung, when and where the octaves on the guitar where and everything after the 3 repeat.

I opened the door to my apartment, not surprised by the huge amount of roses and apology letters all over the apartment. The phone was beeping, signaling that the inbox of voice messages was full. After I changed into more comfortable clothes, I went to check them. Hopefully it wouldn't be that annoying dick, Vincent.

The mechanical voice filled the room and it announced the messages.

Message One. Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep.

Hello, my name is Rebecka and I need to talk to Frank Iero. Its about the rent for your apartment. I noticed your rent is overdue. If you don't pay your rent you are going to go to jail.

Yep, that caught my attention. My eyes shot open wide.

The company I work for can help pay your rent. All you need to do is pay us about 400 dollars and after we pay the rent you need to pay us back doub-

Message One deleted.

Wow. I rolled my eyes and shook my head. I'll pay the fucking rent my self.

Message Two. Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep.

Did you really throw away all the roses, babe? I spent a lot of money and love on making them…

Message Two Deleted.

Message Three. Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep.

You fucking gave away the Porsche I gave you?! To a measly FedEx man?! You piece of

Message Three Deleted.

Message Four. Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep.

Frankie, baby, I'm sorry about the last message. I'm sorry about us. I'm sorry… Please take me back! You know there isn't any one

Message Five Deleted.

I decided I needed to get ready for the party shit so I left the other messages alone. No doubt most of the messages was from the government asking me money or I owe someone or something money, OR it's Vincent.

By the time I got showered and put my clothes on it was 7:30. I had some more time to get ready so I decided to put on some eyeliner. I went to the bathroom and put on a thick layer of black eyeliner, but not so thick that it made me look like a panda.

Then I took some red eye shadow and carefully pilled it up on top of the black eyeliner. The makeup made my hazel eyes stand out. I fixed my fringe so it was on the left side of my head. I was all set to go so I locked the apartment door, took my side kick, my coat, my keys and my wallet.

When I arrived at the restaurant Gerard was just pulling up into the parking lot. I greeted him at his car. The most beautifulest thing on earth came out of the car.

He was wearing a long sleeve black button up dress shirt with skin tight jeans and converses. I also noticed he had applied eyeliner. I didn't even recognize him until he started to talk.

"Hey Frank." He greeted me, smiling.

"Oh, hey." I greeted back, blushing. "You look nice." I complimented him, stumbling over my words.

He giggled. "You too." I blushed and smiled.

We went inside the restaurant to see our employees chatting and eating.

A lady I haven't seen at work before came skipping up to Gerard. She smiled, whispered in his ear and slipped something into his pocket. Gerard's face was churned into a sly smile. She winked at him, he nodded, and then she walked away.

When she turned her back, his face turned serious. The sly smile that was once there, washed away. He took the paper out of his pocket and threw it in a near by garbage.

"That's disgusting." He muttered, his face contorting into a pure look of disgust.

Wait…wasn't he straight?
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment please. :)