Cubicles

Chapter Five

[Gerard’s POV]

Disgusting. Does she honestly think that I would want some herpes infected whore suck me off or fuck her? Wow. Women these days need to have more self respect. They are the reason I never had a taste for them anyways.
I looked over to Frank who is looking at me like I was stupid.
I took off my jacket and put it on the jacket rack. Frank put his on it too and kept looking at me the way he did 20 seconds ago.

“What?” I questioned, shrugging and walking to a table. “Come on lets sit here.”

We sat down and a waitress gave us a basket of Italian breadsticks and then walked away. She came back with 2 menus.

“So uh why did you throw away that girls number?” Frank asked after he told the waitress what he wanted and then handed her back the menu.

“I didn’t need it.” I replied, handing my menu to the waitress. I told her what I wanted and she left. I leaned a little closer to Frank. “I don’t know if you noticed but I don’t drive on the straight side of the road, if you catch my drift.” I told him.

“Dude, you’re fuckin gay?!” He nearly shrieked, his eyes going wide.

I shushed him and then I quickly looked around to see if any body heard, but no one did.
It was way too noisy for anyone to hear our conversation. Then I nodded my head to his question.
“You’re okay with that, right?” I asked grabbing a bread stick, taking a piece of it off and ate it.
“Yea! Of course! I mean I’m not the straightest piece of hay in the barn so…” He told me trailing off. He started to play with a piece of string that was coming out of his cuff.

“You’re gay too!” I said, making it sound more like a statement than a question. My reaction was quieter and composed than his reaction. He nodded and started biting his lip.

“Well this is awkward,” He began “First I find out you know Wendy and now I find out your gay. Have any more secrets?” He asked, smiling.

“Of course I have more secrets.” I giggled. “But whose to say ill tell you?” I told him, winking.
He blushed and looked at the table cloth.

“So…” I began “How do you know Wendy?” I asked, slowing eating my bread stick.

“We met in out kindergarten class.” He told me still looking at the table cloth. “How do YOU know Wendy?” He asked, shifting his attention towards me instead of the nice white table cloth.

“I met her 7 years ago in Star Bucks.” I told him giggling. He giggled too. His hazel eyes were really standing out tonight…they are so beautiful… “I didn’t have a job” I started “I just got fired and I got kicked out of my old apartment. She offered for me to stay at her place and give me a steady job. That’s why I work here. After about 2 months I got a raise every two weeks and worked my way up to ‘almost-manager’.” I told him, giggling once more. He smiled and me and laughed a little.

“You’re apartment must be really nice.” He told me, smiling. He rolled his sleeves up and showed some fascinating tattoos. I stared at them for a while and wondered how it would feel to have a tattoo.

“Nawww, it’s not much. Just 3 rooms and two bathrooms. I like to spend my money wisely, hence why my car is a piece of crap.” He started laughing and I smiled at him.

“Haha, its ok, Gee. My car is a piece of crap too.” He told me, making me giggle. I thought ‘yea I can see’. Wait..wha?

“Gee?” I asked him. “Is that a nickname for me?”

Franks face turned a light shade of pink and smiled.

“Sorry, I just thought the nickname suited you. That’s all.” He told me.

“Oh no it’s ok, Frank. Its just no one has given me a nickname since I was a child.” I told him. “So, how does your apartment look?” I asked him.

Frank paused. It looked like he was concentrating.

“Well,” He started, “It’s not much either. It’s under construction right now.” He told me. Somehow, I believed him. It didn’t sound like the truth, his voice was kind of unsteady and he took long to answer, but I somehow believed him. He was hiding something though. Like, it wasn’t the whole truth. But hey who am I to judge? I’m hiding things too.

Right then, our food came. A waiter gave Frank his Salad and then gave me my Chicken Marsala. My food smelt absolutely mouth watering. Well that’s what I thought because Frank made a disapproving look.

“How can you eat that?” He asked me, shaking his head.

I looked at him confused.

“What do you mean?” I asked, curiously.

“What I mean is how can you eat a poor animal that didn’t ask to be eaten? That chicken could have had a good life. Do you know what people do to them?” He told me.

Wow. He must really like animals. Either that or he is a vegetarian. Seeing as he has a bowl of salad rather than something with salmon or sirloin I’m thinking he is a vegetarian. OR both...hmmm.

“I’ve been eating meat since I was in fetal position in my mothers’ womb so I just can’t stop.” I told him eating some of the food on my plate.

“But still…think about the animals.” He said, taking a fork full of salad.

“Are you a member of PETA or something?” I asked, raising my eyebrow.

“In a matter of fact, I am. A proud member too, I show how much pride I take in being a part of PETA.” I gushed, pushing his sleeve up from his black dress shirt more and showed me a tattoo of the words PETA above his elbow. Then he stood up a bit and pushed his pants down just a little. WHOA!!!

“Whoa whoa whoa, Frank what are you doing? Don’t get too carried away!” I told him reaching across the table and forcing him to sit.

Frank scratched the back of his head and giggled. “Sorry, I just wanted to show you a tattoo I got but its near my pelvic bone and yea…sorry.”

“Its ok, you can show me another time but don’t show me hear. There are too many witnesses.” I told him, winking.

Then Boss’ voice filled the restaurant with his dominant voice.

“Thank you everyone for coming.” He began, Klarissa at his side, “As you all know today makes 7 years for this company. 7 years of having successful workers that try their hardest at everything they do.”

For a few minutes Boss was talking about all the shit that went down when the company first started and how the company made it through thick and thin with the help of bullshit. Then he surprised us all. He surprised me more though.

“For 7 years I’ve had a successful worker. He stays on tasks and does what he needs to. He’s been worker of the month for 5 years and he’s been worker of the year for 7 years. Would Gerard Arthur Way please come to the stage?” He spoke into the microphone.

I looked at Frank the exact time he looked at me.

“Gerard?” Boss asked into the microphone once more. He gets impatient easily so I walked to the stage.

“I present this Best Worker Overall plaque to you, Mr. Way. Thank you for being such an amazing worker since this company has started. Thank you.” He told me. He handed me a Plaque that had my name on it and everything. I never felt so….awkward in my life. I flashed a quick smile and saw a bunch of lady workers eyes light up and faces blush. Urrr…ew. Mental Note: Never do a quick smile when up stage in front of horny, desperate, virgin lady workers. NEVER.
I walked off stage, went back to my seat and sat down.

Boss started announcing other good workers and stuff.

“Congrats, Gee.” Frankie whispered to me.

I smiled at him and whispered back, “Thanks.”

I felt the table shake a little bit and then 3 seconds later it was like it was a mini earthquake. All the glass cups and silverware started to shake. I looked at everyone else’s table and saw them staring. All their tables weren’t moving. I was so confused…

“Gerard.” I heard Frank whisper.

“Yea?” I asked, still trying to figure things out.

“Can you come with me outside? I need to have a smoke.” He whispered to me again.

I looked at him and saw that he was the reason the table was shaking – his leg was bouncing up and down. I nodded and grabbed my coat. When we walked outside he eagerly grabbed at his coat pockets and took out a pack of cigarettes. Then he started patting his back pockets and gave up. I took out my lighter from my pocket in my leather jacket and lit it up in front of his cigarette.

“Thanks man.” He told me as he took a drag.

“No problem.” I replied. I got my pack of cigarettes out and lit mine up. I went over to my car and sat on the hood of it. The stars looked so pretty tonight. I looked over to Frank and noticed he was staring at me. I smiled and he smiled back.

“Get in the car, jumbo shrimp.” I called to Frank, getting into my car and starting it up.

“What? Why?” He asked, moving closer to the car.

“Just get in.” I whined, stretching the ‘n’ in the word in.

Frank rolled his eyes.

“Fine. Oxymoron.”

I smiled to my self and put my seat belt on. It was such a beautiful night.

A half an hour passed and we just arrived at the place where I was taking us.
When we got out the car I saw Frank gasp and his eyes open wider.

“Wow! This is…its just so…Beautiful!” He exclaimed. He turned in circles and smiled really wide.

I sat on the hood of my car and thought ‘Yea you are’.