Cubicles

Chapter Seven.

[Gerard POV]

Oh. My. Jesus! He said yes!

I got up - Frank’s legs still around my waist - and kissed him.

Frank put his legs down and pushed me back onto the swing and started kissing me some more. This time he slid his tongue across my bottom lip, asking for entrance. Of course I let him in, our tongues instantly fighting for dominance. After a few minutes of our tongues tangled together I realized we needed to get back to work.

We walked back to work hand in hand until we were in front of the building. I slipped my hand into my jacket pocket and looked at Frank. He had a confused look on his face.

“Employees can’t date each other, remember?” I said to him.

His confused look disappeared into understanding.

“Oh OK, I remember now.” He told me.

We walked to our cubicles and started working on what ever we needed to work on.

After an hour of mindlessly doing work with Frank on my mind and how we are officially together Frank came running into my cubicle.

“Gee! I found out what we are supposed to do!” He told me, out of breath.

“Are you okay?” I asked, putting the back of my hand on Franks’ forehead.

“Of course I’m OK,” He told me, “It’s just that I found out what this company does! This guy a few cubicles away from me told me that this company is like a stock exchanging company…or I think that’s what he said but yea! Everyone gets different situations like I could be talking to a Chinese dude and you can be talking to a Spanish woman! This is so cool!” He exclaimed, jumping around.

“Ooh well that explains a lot but it doesn’t explain why you are so excited…” I told him.

“Sorry it’s just that I wanted to find out what we were supposed to do and I finally did! Oh jeez, this is awesome! This is the best job EVER!” He shouted at the top of his lungs.

All of a sudden the intercom came on; Boss’ voice booming through the floor of working employees.

“Frank Iero,” It started, “Shut the fuck up. That is all. *click*”

Everyone instantly started laughing hysterically, enjoying a laugh for once. Franks face turned red from embarrassment and I hugged him.

“Frankie its OK, we’re like family here. Don’t be embarrassed.” I laughed, kissing his cheek.

“Jeez but I made an ass out of myself…” He whispered in my ear. I can hear him sniffling already.

“Psh, no you didn’t. Don’t worry everyone will forget about it.” I told him.

“Promise?” Frank said.

“I promise.” I told him, kissing him on the cheek.

*Time lapse*

“Hey, are you coming?” Frank asked, leaning against the opening of my cubicle.

I quickly minimized the page I was looking at and maximized the stocks that needed to be balanced.

“Uh, give me 5 minutes and I’ll be outside with you, okay?” I asked him, my eyes glued to the computer screen.

Frank walked behind me and kissed my cheek.

“Okay, I’ll see you in five minutes. I miss you already.” He pouted.

I chuckled and kissed him on the lips. Franked walked out of my cubicle and I maximized the other page I was looking at.

I was planning on taking Frank out to a really fancy Italian restaurant but this place is booked with people until a month! Ugh not to mention this place is extremely expensive. But hey, Frank is worth every penny and plus money isn’t really a problem with me.

I clicked on the ‘Reserve a seat’ on the navigation menu and put in all the requirements. Then I closed everything down and turned off the computer, grabbed my shit and met Frankie outside.

“Hey.” Frank smiled at me when I walked out the building.

“Hey, gorgeous.” I greeted him, kissing him on the lips.

“Want to go get some coffee?” I asked, creating friction with my hands by rubbing them together. It was getting so cold!

“Sure.” He said, grabbing my hand.

After we got our coffee and talked to Wendy for a while, we walked to our cars in front of the building.

“I’ll see you tomorrow, babe.” I told him, kissing him.

He smiled and put his hand on my cheek, it was so warm and comfortable.

“I can’t believe we’re together…” He whispered and kissed me again.

I laughed a bit and said, “Yea I know.”

He smiled and said, “Bye.” And then got in his car and left.

I got into my car and put in a random CD. The sound of an acoustic guitar filled my rusty car.

“He woke up from dreaming and put on his shoes
Started making his way past
Two in the morning
He hasn't been sober for days”

What? NO!

Trying to multi-task, I put my right hand and tried to eject the CD. With in seconds tears welled up from the memories this song brought back…

“Leaning now into the breeze
Remembering Sunday, he falls to his knees
They had breakfast together
But two eggs don't last
Like the feeling of what he needs”

I stopped at the red light and let the tears flow down my cheeks. I closed my eyes for a few seconds to calm myself before I start to bawl. I tried to eject the CD once more but it wouldn’t respond…

“Now this place seems familiar to him
She pulled on his hand with a devilish grin
She led him upstairs
She led him upstairs
Left him dying to get in”

“FUCK! I…Fucking…ugh…love you…Ellie…fuck fuck fuck!” I panted, sweat forming at my forehead.

“Baby! Oh GOD!” She moaned, gripping my hair and tightening her legs around my waist as I kept pushing into her.

“Forgive me, I'm trying to find my calling
I'm calling at night
I don't mean to be a bother
But have you seen this girl?
She's been running through my dreams
And it's driving me crazy, it seems
I'm gonna ask her to marry me”

I leaned my head on the steering wheel and sobbed. Unfortunately, it didn’t drown of the lyrics of the song.

“Even though she doesn't believe in love
He's determined to call her bluff
Who could deny these butterflies?
They're filling his gut

Waking the neighbors, unfamiliar faces
He pleads though he tries
But he's only denied
Now he's dying to get inside”

“BEEEEP! GET A FUCKING MOVE ON! IT’S A GREEN LIGHT!” I heard a man shout.

I wiped my eyes and started driving again. Fuck! Come on, just a few minutes and I’ll be home. I stepped on the gas pedal and tried to get the CD to eject once more. No dice…

“Forgive me, I'm trying to find my calling
I'm calling at night
I don't mean to be a bother
But have you seen this girl?
She's been running through my dreams
And it's driving me crazy, it seems
I'm gonna ask her to marry me”

A wave of pain filled my insides of the memories of my past love. Ellie…
Just a few more blocks…
I sped up a little more, trying not to exceed the speed limit.

“The neighbors said she moved away
Funny how it rained all day
I didn't think much of it then
But it's starting to all make sense
Oh, I can see now that all of these clouds
Are following me in my desperate endeavor
To find my whoever, wherever she may be”

I wiped my eyes again, trying to stop the water fall that was about to escape my eyes. My throat had a lump that was impossible to swallow.

“I'm not coming back
(Forgive me)
I've done something so terrible
I'm terrified to speak”

FINALLY! I quickly turned the car off, got out the car as fast as I can and ran to my apartment door. Even though the song wasn’t playing I could still hear it in my head…
I knew that song oh so well…

I opened my door, closed it and fell to my knees, and sobbed like there was so tomorrow.

But you'd expect that from me
I'm mixed up, I'll be blunt
(You're driving me crazy)
Now the rain is just washing you out of my hair
And out of my mind

I got up and went to my room singing the rest of the song.

“Keeping an eye on the world
From so many thousands of feet off the ground
I'm over you now
I'm at home in the clouds, towering over your head” I sang, my words weren’t clear. My voice wasn’t as nice as Juliet Simms but I heard her in my head, singing along with me.

I was in my room, standing in front of the little desk with candles and pictures of the girl I was once in love with. Her flawless skin, her red flowing hair down to her back, her chocolate brown eyes and a smile that would make any guy melt.

I picked the picture up and sat on the bed, more tears flowing down my cheeks. I hunched over and pulled the picture close to my heart, trying to ignore the pain in my chest.

I whispered the end of the song: I guess I'll go home now
I guess I'll go home now
I guess I'll go home now
I guess I'll go home…