Writing Words To The Music In Her Head

In Your Face, Mike Dirnt!

“Kimmie!” I yelled, running after my sister down the stairs. “Give that back to me now

“You mean this?” She asked with an evil grin plastered on her face, picking on the strings of my acoustic guitar that she had stole from me.

“Yes, that”, I growled. “Give it to me now! You're going to break it, you fucking...”

“Woah, woah, woah”, Tré interrupted us before I could finish the sentence. “Stop the name-calling. And give the guitar back to your sister, Kim.”

Kim groaned and handed my beloved guitar over to me again. I hugged it happily and sighed, as it finally was in my command again. I hated when my sister took my stuff just to get attention. She was so fucking annoying.

“Aren't you going to Cate's anyway?” I asked.

“I'm on my way!” Kim answered and put her jacket on.

“Okay, you haven't forgot anything?” I asked.

No!” She answered, annoyed. “I can take care of myself.”

I ignored her.

“Do you have your tooth-brush?”

Yes.” Then she checked her bag. She looked pissed. “... No.”

She ran up the stairs again to get it. I laughed to myself. I was so happy that I had a little sister, just to be in charge of anyone. Sure, Tré was the one in charge at home when dad was away, but I had at least someone to boss around.

There was a knock on the door and Tré answered it.
Billie and Mike was in the door way, with two guitar-cases (well, I guess one of them was for a bass). My heart jumped at the sight of the both of them. After all, I had a crush on both of them.

“Hey, Wrights”, Billie grinned and walked into our house.

He looked around in the hall, deep in thoughts. I smiled and Mike came up behind me.

“Hey, Sarah”, he mumbled with a low, seductive voice.

I looked up on him, feeling my whole body storming. “Hi.”

He smiled and followed Tré down the stairs to the basement, while Billie and I still was in the hall.

“Got it!” Kim yelled from running to the hall with the toothbrush safe in her hand, waving it around.

“Good”, I said, rushed to get her out of the house. “Now get out.”

She smiled.

“Who is he?” She asked and pointed directly at Billie, who raised his eyebrows.

“That's... that's Tré's friend, Billie”, I answered. “Now go.”

“I don't want to go!” Kim whined.

“You have to”, I snapped. “Get out, you little...”

I took a threatening step towards her, looking pissed off, which just made her stick her tongue out and then run out the door, laughing.
I was just about to run after her to punch her in the arm, but stopped when I realized that Billie was still behind me.

I turned around, bright red. He just laughed.

“So I'm just Tré's friend?” He asked, smiling.

“Well...”, I mumbled.

I was getting shy again!

“Sorry about my sister”, I apologized, to change the subject. “She's just so annoying.”

Billie just smirked. “I can understand her, though.”

I raised one eyebrow.

“How come?”

“Well, I am the youngest of six kids”, he replied.

“Wow!” I exclaimed. “Really?”

He nodded, still smiling.

“Pissing your older siblings off is my specialty”, he grinned. “I could always show her some of my moves.”

“Please – don't”, I sighed. “She's annoying enough already.”

He smiled. I smiled. Our eyes met.

“Hey, Billie! Sarah! Come down here!” Came Tré's voice from the basement.

I leaned my guitar against the wall in the hall, to go down the stairs.

“Take that with you”, Billie suggested.

“I won't play for you”, I laughed. “Seriously, in your dreams.”

He gazed into my eyes.

“I'll make you play for me, sometime”, he said, determined.

“Sure”, I said sarcastically.

* * * * *

I sat in the couch while Mike showed Tré how to play one of their songs. Billie sat in the couch next to me, picking on some tune on his guitar. He whispered some lyrics to himself, but I couldn't make out what he was saying. It felt good to listen to, anyway. His voice was beautiful, even though he wasn't really singing right now.
His finger glided over the strings, and then he suddenly stood up, as some crazy rock-chords screamed out of the speakers and he head-banged frenetically.

Mike just laughed at him, and so did Tré. I couldn't really laugh. I just blushed, because he looked so hot while playing like that. I bit my lip and smiled embarrassed. I just hoped that no one noticed how much I enjoyed his movements.

Then he stopped and walked up to Tré's drum set.

“Are you guys ready?” He asked.

“Yeah, I guess...”, Tré said.

Mike picked up his bass.

Here we go again inf-”, Billie stopped himself as Tré was too late with the drums.

“Sorry”, he said. “Was it right after 'here we go again'?”

“Kinda, you start at the again”, Mike instructed.

Tré nodded.

After a couple of tries they decided to play the whole song through, as Tré finally got the hang of it.

“Here we go again”, Billie sang, in unision with Tré's 'one, two, three!' and they started playing the song.

I smiled as they played it without any mistakes, and Tré sat there, smiling by the drum set. I locked eyes with him and gave him thumbs up, which only made him smiled wider.
I focused on Billie. He had this original playing-style or at least look when he played. He looked down on his guitar, and made strange faces as he played, and at times he stared at the 'audience', in this case only me, as if he was pissed off.

Would it last forever?
You and I together hand in hand we run away.
Far away.


Just as they played the chorus the second time, I came to think of the show I saw them play with their last drummer. This was that one song that I actually enjoyed.
I really loved this song, it made me smile. The lyrics where awesome too, simple, but awesome.

* * * *

Afterwards they all plopped down exhausted on the couch and turned on the TV. It was some lame comedy on that none of us really payed attention to, so I decided to break the silence.

“Who writes the lyrics?” I asked out of the blue.

“Billie does”, Mike grinned. “And he only writes about girls for that matter too.”

“Pff... What about 'Why Do You Want Him'?” Billie defended himself.

“Dude, that one's about your fucking mom”, Mike laughed.

Tré giggled.

“Well, she's not exactly a girl, is she?” Billie looked at me for re-assurance.

“No”, I agreed, smiling. “She's a woman.”

Mike made a face.

“Actually – she's more like a bitch!” Billie replied.

We all cracked up.

“Okay, well, Green Day isn't about girls”, he said.

“That's your band”, I reminded him.

Mike grinned.

“We have a song called Green Day, too”, he explained.

“Oh.”

“Well, that one's about smoking pot”, Billie said. “In your face, Mike Dirnt!”
♠ ♠ ♠
This is officially my favourite chapter. I had a great time writing it!

What did you think?

xx /Freeny