Drunk in Paris

Chason d'apres midi

I was literally speechless, I turned to Dan who sniggered as Billie, Mike, Tre and another two men named Jason and Ronnie scurried off the other side of the stage.
“That’s it?”
“Yeah Ava, they have been on for nearly two hours you know.”
My mouth dropped, “That long? They can’t be finished yet?”
Dan laughed as he led me away from the empty stage, “Yeah Ava, that’s it, no more.”
I shook my head in annoyance as Dan laughed again, “You a fan now?”
“Most definitely.” I replied as Dan led me through the familiar corridors and into the dressing room.
I turned and looked through the open door to see Mike and Tre and about five other men chatting on the couches, no sign of Billie Joe. I watched Dan trot over to the couches to join the laughing men when…
“Did you have fun?”
The husky voice shattered through me, making me jump and I turned to see the owner with a huge smile on my face. His eyes twinkled, the reminiscent of sweat on his black shirt coupled tiny beads of moisture across his face set my heart pounding against my ribcage.
How could he look so perfect after nearly sweating out half his body weight on stage?
“That was amazing!” I giggled my arms flinging outwards and bringing him into a hug. He jumped at my contact before chuckling and hugging me back.
“You enjoyed it then?” He whispered in my ear before I pulled away from him, not caring that he smelt of sweat or that he was so damp that it made my arms slippery.
“I loved it!” I giggled, “Billie I feel so awful for not even recognising you! You’re this amazing musician and I had no idea…I…”
Billie’s heart-melting smile widened, almost seeming embarrassed “Ava, stop it…”

We both smiled at each other for a moment and I glanced down at my shoes awkwardly. I so badly wanted to say something that reflected how I felt. Billie was amazing, he had this amazing talent and I suddenly felt so insignificant compared to him,
“Billie I…”
Suddenly there was a shriek from inside the dressing room and we both turned to see Tre covered in what appeared to be beer. The ‘moment’ was definitely gone and we both started laughing at the drenched drummer who stood in shock at having half a case of Corona poured over his head.
“Right fuckers, your all for it now!” he yelled grabbing the nearest bottle which happened to be champagne and immediately began shaking it around, spraying everyone who came into contact. Billie grabbed my arm and we dashed off down the corridor.
He stopped at what seemed to be a dead end and we turned to each other, I noticed how very close we were. His odour intoxicated my nostrils and my heart failed to slow down from the small run from the champagne wielding maniacs of Tre.
I felt his hot breath pang against my cheek as he fought for air from our sprint.
“I think we’re safe here” he giggled pulling me slightly closer to him.
“Oh really, do you think we’re sufficiently close enough as well?” I smiled, not minding one bit that our noses were almost touching.
“I think we could get closer if we tried… but I’m glad you came.” He whispered, his fingers threading amongst my own trembling ones.
“Me too.” I sighed, forgetting that I had promised myself to not see this man again.

His dazzling green eyes became quite blurred as his lips softly moved in what seemed like slow motion, “I’m also glad you enjoyed the show, I was expecting you to have left in outrage.”
I giggled, “Oh no not at all, I quite enjoyed watching you with your hands down the front of your trousers.”
He smirked, “really? Well a lot of people enjoy that part of the show.”
I chuckled, “I can’t think why.”
Billie leant closer to me, “But the fact that you liked it made the smuttiness worth while.”
His lips pursed and he lowered his head, my heart started pounding harder in my chest, god I wanted those perfect lips to just meet my own so badly…

“Hey Bill…Oh…”
We both snapped up at the voice, it was the towering blonde guy from the support band.
“…err sorry…I…”
I stared at the floor as Billie’s right arm un-hooked itself from me and he smiled at the man, seemingly un-fazed by the interruption.
“Hey Chris, you okay?”
The blonde man glanced at me and back at the singer again, “Yeah, I was just wondering if you were coming for a drink but…if you’re busy then…”
Billie grinned and looked at me in question, I returned his smile,
“Yeah we can go for a drink.” I shrugged not looking Chris in the eye, still feeling quite embarrassed.
“Yeah, we’ll catch you up later on Chris man.” Billie shrugged.
The tall Australian grinned at me, “Okay, just give us a ring then Bill.”
Billie looked from his supporting singer to me and gasped,
“Oh Chris, sorry, this is Ava…”
“Yeah we met briefly in the corridor.” The blonde man winked at me and I felt myself flush again.
Billie tightened his grip on my left hip, “Well Chris I’ll let you know man…”
“Okay, have fun you two…nice to meet you Ava.”
“You too.” I whispered after him as he walked off back down the corridor.
Billie turned to me giggling, I shook my head, my cheeks still burning from the stranger finding us in such a compromising position.
“You don’t want to go for a drink?” I asked
Billie shook his head, his thumb stroking down my cheek, “I’ve been with those guys for months on tour and well…I’m not going to see you for a while after tonight and…”
I couldn’t help it, I leaned forward and pressed my lips against his, cutting his words off entirely, he stumbled backwards into the wall holding my hips tightly as his tongue entered my mouth. I moaned as his taste filled my every sense, my hands wandered, up across his back and he whimpered as my fingers entangled with his hair.
“Let’s…let’s get out of here…” He breathed grabbing my hand tightly and dragging me off down the corridor.

Billie dragged me outside the building to the car park and suddenly dropped my hand like a hot cake. A sudden gust of screams hit us and I felt the full extent of burning eyes tracing my fearful stance. The screams set my ears alight and I turned to Billie who glanced at me with doe-like eyes. Quick as a flash he turned around to the bouncer on the door behind us.
“Will you take Ava to my car?” The man nodded and I looked at the singer, my mouth dropping in confusion…
“Wha..?”
“I’ll be ten minutes I promise.” He smiled walking straight to the gate where tons of screaming fans where now crying into their hoodies as their hero got closer to them. The bouncer lightly tapped my arm,
“This way miss.” He smiled leading my gob-smacked form away to a black car behind a huge bus. He opened the door for me and I slid in with an exasperated thank you.
“You look a little freaked” the man smiled politely, reading my face like a book.
“Yeah…yeah I am…” I whispered back. “I never knew screams could sound that enormous.”
The security man chuckled, “You get used to it, I’ve seen a few crazy fans in my time, once this girl tried to scale the gate and ended up breaking her arm.”
I shook my head in disbelief, “Really?”
“Yeah, it’s pretty scary the lengths some people will go to. You’ll be okay in here darlin’.” He winked at me and shut the door, leaving me in silent contemplation.

Billie was this complete and utter mystery to me, an entirely new sensation that was there for me to experience. He was this amazing person who, out of all the women in Paris at this moment in time, was most unfortunate to pick me to ask for directions. It’s true what they say, be careful what you wish for. I didn’t deserve this guy at all; as soon as he found out about me he would probably kick me to the curb like every other fucker.
Maybe I should tell him? But I didn’t want to ruin his perception of me…
Oh God, I couldn’t give him up, even though I should, what the hell am I going to do…?

“Hey!” The car door slammed and he slid across the leather next to me, a huge smile on his face.
“Hey.” I whispered back, as the driver’s seat suddenly became occupied and the car started.
“Have fun with your adoring fans?” I asked smirking as his fingers laced mine once again.
“Yeah, they’re crazy but you gotta love them.”
I chuckled and moved closer to him, my head resting on his chest.
“Ava…” he began, a hand tracing through my hair.
“Billie…”
“Tell me about yourself, I mean you know a lot about me now and I feel like I know nothing about you.”
I sighed, my stomach plummeting at the question, “What do you want to know?”
“Where you were born, where you live, what your job is!” he whispered pulling me closer to him.
I inhaled, I hated lying through my teeth about my job, but what else could I do?
“Okay, well I was born in Hackney, London, I live in Kensington now and I’m a therapist.” My gut wrenched, I was such a fucking sneaky liar.
“What kind of therapist?”
My toes curled in my 1950s slicker shoes.
“Like a psychiatrist?” he asked, filling the silence.
“err…yeah, like that, I have four private clients and one, Merv, owns a business here and in London, it’s why I’m here a lot of the time.”
“Interesting” Billie smiled, “You’ll have to listen to me whine on one day,”
I shuddered against his shirt, “Yeah, I will.”
Stinking, filthy lair, I’m not good enough for him at all. I’m definitely the worst person in the world right now.
“So does that mean that you have been mentally analysing me since we first met?”
I giggled, “Yeah and I have determined you are in fact a five year old boy.”
Billie chuckled, “I knew that already.”
I smiled and rose up from his chest, “Where are we going?”
“Well I was going back to my hotel room to change and then maybe I was thinking we could go for a drink.”
I mentally chuckled “Maybe…” I began looking down at his hand that was wrapped around my own,
“We could just attack the mini bar in your hotel room.”
His eyes glossed for a moment and he grinned wider “Sounds good.”