Miserable at Best

I'm Stuck On You Like Glue Somehow.

Image

It had been two days since I went off on Brook. Since then she's been riding in Mayday Parade's van. Against my wishes of course. For once instead of ignoring everyone's advice I listened to what Jake had told me. I gave her space and time to cool down, while I, as well calmed down. One thing doesn't help though, and that is getting the sense that one of the members of the bands you're touring with is trying to steal your girl. I know I know, we had a deal. She didn't say anything when I brought someone back to the hotel, but the mere sight of her flirting with anyone, none the less him, it made my blood boil. I never said I was a man of my word.

______________________________________________________________

Just like Derek has promised, he didn't leave me. I had spent the last two days with Derek and the rest of Mayday Parade as we made our way along the east coast. I still however did the merch table for All Time Low, but that is all I did for them. For Alex anyways. Rian, Jack and Zack and I still kept in touch for the time that I was gone. It's sort of funny, now that Alex was giving me space I had actually managed to have better relationships with the boys of All Time Low, Mayday Parade, Every Avenue and Just Surrender. I was actually happy when I didn't have to pretend be happily deeply in love with Alex. Who knew, maybe I could actually be this happy surrounded by these guys.

We had just finished taking down all of the merch and tech equiptment when Derek had come up with the brilliant idea that he would roll me out of the venue on top of the cart containing the boxes of Mayday Parade's merchandise. I sat on top of a layer of two cardboard boxes as Derek took the handle bar and began pushing the cart out of the venue, gaining speed as we went, glancing back Derek was standing on the cart, not even pushing the cart to get to this speed. Rounding the corner the vans and trailers came into view, and we didn't lose speed, it seemed we were gaining, "Derek. Slow Down."

Putting his feet onto the ground the speed of which we were going started to burn through the soles of his shoes, "Fuck!"

"Derek slow down!" I told him once more as we came closer to the trailer.

"I'm trying!" he voiced as he put his feet back down onto the ground. I knew he efforts wouldn't do anything as we inched closer and closer to the trailer. Scooting back as far as I could on the cart Derek grabbed a hold of me and asked, "Ready?"

I looked at him as if he was mental, and at that point I was beginning to think that maybe he was. He grabbed me closer to him as we were both on our feet now. Repeating his question, "Ready?" At this point I had no choice but to nod my head, and before I knew it we were hitting the blacktop of the parking lot and rolling, ending with Derek laying on top of me. We both groaned and looked to our left to see the cart had ran into the back tire
causing the boxes and merch to go flying out. Turning my attention towards Derek, himself still staring at the wreckage I began laughing hyterically catching Derek's attention. Within seconds we were both laughing hysterically, my sides began to hurt as I inhaled air, "Let's not ever do that again, okay?"

He nodded his head, and just watched me laugh until my laughs become quiteter and then nonexistant. He looked into my eyes, just as I was about to ask "What?" he kissed me. It was quick and innocent, but that was all it took, within seconds someone was above us.

"Brook, can I talk to you?"

At that momenet, I knew I was screwed.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it sucked.
Better one soon.