Miserable at Best

The Only Thing That Keeps Me Wishing On a Wishing

I felt like an idiot as I pleaded for Brooklyyn to open up the door. I probably shouldn't have stared at her the way I did. I thought about for it awhile, and I'd be just as freaked out if I were in her shoes if my 'husband' that I didn't know anymore were to stare at me like I had at her. I had screwed up.

"Brooklyyn, I'm sorry." I whispered as I back away from the door and left the hotel room.

I didn't know where I was headed, but I walked down the hallway aimlessly, stopping as I came to the elevator. Maybe a walk outside would help? I thought as I pushed the down button, watching it light up. As I waited for the elevator to arrive I pulled out my white button up dress shirt out of my pants, I hated having my shirt tucked in. This marriage wasn't going well already, I couldn't imagine the days to come.

"Alex?"

I looked up to see Jack with his goofy smile, but he was holding what seemed to be a part of Brooklyyn's dress. I smiled and walked into the elevator, pressing the number one button. Jack just stood there quietly, holding the white fabric, it was completely out of character for Jack to be quiet. Turning to look at him I asked, "What?"

"You animal!" he shrieked.

"What are you talking about?" I asked as I watch the LCD screen number decrease.

"Don't pretend you don't know what I'm talking about!" he accused.

I looked at him like he was crazy.

"You guys couldn't contain yourselves until you got to your room? Jesus christ Alex!" he said excitedly as he held up the piece of Brook's dress.

How was I supposed to tell my best friend that that wasn't the case, that didn't happen, and that I had actually scared my wife, man did that sound weird, into hiding in the bathroom from me?

"You know how I do Jacko."

But, I've always been a good liar.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I could've sworn I heard him whisper something, as it seemed he left the hotel room. I waited a few minutes just to make sure that he did infact leave the hotel room, after listening to silence I unlocked the door, and poked my head out of the bathroom, "Alex?"

No response.

I left the bathroom in search of a change of clothes, to see luggage in the room. I'd have to remember to thank my mom for packing me some clothes I thought as I unzipped the suitcase and pulled out my white tank top and pajama bottom pants.

What I needed was a good nights sleep, and that's exactly what I was going to get as I took out my cosmetics bag pulling out my medication bottle. See I have insomnia, which means I have a hard time of getting to sleep, so I rely on these babies to get me to sleep. My doctor says I'm depressed, which can be a cause of insomnia, but I beg to differ. If anything I'm going to be depressed now.

I pulled my hair into a messy bun, popped the cap and took out two pills popping them into my mouth, dry swallowing them. I shut the bottle, set them on my night stand and collapsed onto the bed.