Can't Get Over You, Can't Get Through to You

Just Like Her Daddy

Brian's POV

"So what's the plan for today," Nikki asked as she made lunch.

I was sitting around on the table, amused as Nikki made sandwiches. I offered to make lunch but she was dead set on doing it herself. She's acting strange, really strange. I think she had a little too much coffee this morning because after I took Mari to visit my parents real quick, we came home and Nikki was standing in the kitchen, juggling fruit. It was strange because I didn't know she knew how to juggle.

It was a bit strange to walk into the kitchen to find my fiance standing there, juggling fruit.

"Well, I have to go to the studio to get some recording done," I answered as I watched Mari play with her cat, "You two should come."

Nikki didn't say anything as Mari instantly started climbing onto my lap. Her eyes were lit up and were filled with excitement; I knew she really wanted to come to the studio with me. "I want to come! Please, Daddy! Please!"

A smile crept onto my lips as I saw that she was excited to go with me. I wanted so much to show my daughter what I do for a living but so far, I hadn't had the chance until now. I wanted to show Mariemaia that she's the daughter of Synyster Gates, guitarist extraordinaire.

Nikki just smiled as she placed a sandwich on a plate in front of me and I asked, "So what do you say?"

"That would be fun, Brian," she replied, "That would be fun."

"So are we going," Mari asked.

"Yup," I said, placing her on my lap, "You are going to see what your daddy does for a living."

"Man, Mari is in plain awe," Zacky said as Mari watched me with wide eyes.

I smiled as I waved at her. She waved back with pure excitement. She really was excited to just be at the studio when I had to do my thing. I should bring her to one of our shows one day, then she'll really be in awe.

Mari sat on Nikki's lap while her mom sat next to Val and Liz while Leane was hanging with Johnny. It really was great now looking on that couch and seeing the two most important girls in my life, sitting there.

"When is Jimmy coming back," Johnny asked.

"Next week. He and Tash went to Italy for their honeymoon," Nikki answered.

Mari ran towards me, hugging my legs. I just laughed as I picked her up, swinging her around. "Daddy," she squealed with laughter as she wrapped her little arms around my neck.

"Hey, Mariemaia," I said.

"Daddy's a rock star."

I smiled as I kissed her cheek. "Yup that's right."

Nikki's phone started ringing and she got up to answer it outside. I wondered who it could be because she forbid anyone from the Atruskia to call her unless it was a extreme emergency. "Who could that be," Liz asked as she watched Nikki exit.

"No clue. Better not be the Atruskia," I replied, "Because she's supposed to be on vacation."

"Mama will be mad," Mari said.

Nikki's POV

"Hello?"

"Is this Nicole McCade?"

"Yes," I answered, "Who is this?"

"Allison Tyler, I'm the one in charge of your father's will. We were wondering if it would be possible for you to come to Colorado to discuss it," she said.

I narrowed my eyes as I said, "Depends. I have some things to take care of."

"We are well aware of this, Ms. McCade and anytime would be good, its just the matter of the house. The neighbors are starting to want someone to move into it and-"

"I'll go there, take what I want, and then I'll place it for sale," I snapped.

"Yes but-"

"Look," I snarled, "I'm on vacation and I would like it if my father's affairs stop hounding me. I have other things to take care of."

With that, I snapped my phone shut and turned it off. I was tempted to toss my cell phone into the trash but I knew that was stupid because what if something important. Damn, that's not cool, I guess I can't win today.

"Who was that," Matt asked as I walked back in.

"Some idiot who wants me to go to Colorado to discuss my father's will. Considering I got it when I was 16, I couldn't get anything but now since I'm twenty-three, they want me to go to Colorado to discuss things," I answered, "There are like three things I want and the rest can go to whoever. Actually, I want the piano."

"What are we going to do about it," Brian asked.

"I'll call them back when I'm back in Vegas," I replied as I took Mari in my own arms, "I'm on vacation and I rather avoid things my stupid father for awhile."

Brian just looked at everyone and I knew he silently told them to drop the subject. He just took me into his arms, carefully because I was carrying Mari, and said, "We'll go when you want to."

"Are you mad, Mama," Mari asked as I helped her into her car seat.

"No just annoyed," I replied.

Brian got into the driver's seat because we were taking his BMW. He turned around in his seat and looked at Mari as I got into the passenger's side. "Everything is alright, Mari," he said, smiling, "Mama's just annoyed."

I leaned my head back against the head rest and sighed. Brian started driving to his house, not saying anything. Mariemaia just watched the scenery outside, amused with the Huntington appearance.

"You going to be okay," Brian asked as we stopped at a stoplight.

"Yeah, I'll be okay," I responded, looking at him and holding his hand, "Just a little annoyed because all I wanted was a nice vacation with you and Mari."

"How about I take you two somewhere," Brian suggested, "A place that's going to be a load of fun for all of us."

"Where?"

He just smiled and said, "Its going to be a surprise but I know you'll love it."

"Are we going somewhere," Mari asked.

"Is our daughter a genius or something," Brian asked, "I mean, she sounds like she's already been to school and stuff."

"What age did her mother graduate," I asked.

"You graduated when you were fourteen," Brian answered, "She inherited your intelligence."

"And she got your looks," I said, looking at Mari, "She looks just like her daddy."
♠ ♠ ♠
More visuals for you

Tash Sullivan. Portrayed by Agnes Bruckner
Liz McCourt. Portrayed by Yanna from Suicide Girls
Leane, Tyler