‹ Prequel: I Treated You So Wrong

Lets Make It Last Forever

One

It seemed as though that having Emily completed Zacky and Rae. When Emily was born, Zacky refused to let her out of his arms to go to the nursery because he wanted to keep watch over her. She was his only little girl and he was afraid that something would happen to her if he wasn’t around. Instead of Zacky flipping out on the nursery’s nurses and doctor’s, two nurses kept a good eye on little Emily. Nothing ever happened besides her being well taken care of until the day Zacky and Rae took her home for the very first time.

Zacky took her up to her nursery and held her up a small bit so she could see her room that he’d done for her with the help of his friends. What he didn’t know was that Emily slept during the whole walk through, so Rae giggled at him for being weird. Rae would feed her, Zacky would burp her then put her down for a nap. It was rare when Rae got to burp her and put her down, Zacky insisted on doing it.

Emily was a very quiet baby. She didn’t cry much during the night. So all the fears that Zacky and Rae had about very little sleep for the first year went away after a few months.

Now that Emily is almost two, she’s getting into the hang of doing things on her own. She picks out her own outfits for her mommy to dress her in. She’d already learned to walk shortly after she turned a year old. She was still getting used to being potty trained. Rae wanted to start young with Emily because that was how she and Fae were raised. Walk and potty on your own young.

It was fun, too. Val and Matt had a little girl of their own about five months later. They named her Ella Brianne. She and Emily were good friends. They talked to each other a lot, but not the normal conversations like older people. It was like baby gibberish. Val, Rae, and the rest of the girls couldn’t help but smile at the little ones play together and giggle. Needless to say, Zacky and Matt were very proud daddies.

Over the while, Zacky and Rae have gotten in a few fights, but some of them were nothing too drastic. Of course, they had to put on smiles when Emily went into their bedroom to see why they were yelling. Their fights ranged from Zacky being at the studio, to Zacky stepping on a toy and getting upset at Rae for not picking up. Sometimes Rae and Zacky called each other nasty names to each other’s faces without regret.

Rae got ‘whore’ and ‘slut’. Zacky got ‘fucker’ and ‘bastard’. But they very next day, or even the same night, they’d be attached at the hip, sharing kisses and hugs. Everyone found this new relationship very odd, but no one ever questioned it because they knew it would just brew things up in the Baker household.

As for the wedding, no one was sure. Rae and Zacky had talked about waiting a few more months or maybe even a few years, but their weren’t sure. Everyone asked when they were going to make it official, but they just gave the same answer each and ever time; don’t know.

Tonight was like any other when Zacky was home. The two were cuddled on the couch and were watching some late night movie. Neither of them were really paying attention. Rae was desperately trying to keep her eyes open, but with Zacky running his hands over her arms while she laid against his chest wasn’t helping the matter.

“Zack…what the hell are we watching?” Rae mumbled, placing her right hand on his chest.

“Um…I have no idea.” He yawned and flipped through the channels.

“Put it on a good movie please…”

Zacky went through the movie channels, then finally stopped on a movie that he knew Rae loved when she was little; Casper.

“Mama…” Little feet stepped down the stairs.

Rae sat up and looked towards the stairs. Emily sat on the fourth step and peered through the bars that connected with the steps and the banister. Emily clutched her gray cat named Whiskers close to her chest.

“What is it baby?”

“’lone…” She said quietly and softly.

Rae got up from the couch, leaving Zacky to watch her. She walked over to the stairs and swooped Emily into her arms and kissed her cheeks.

“You don’t want to be alone?” Emily shook her head against Rae’s shoulder.

“Okay, you can come and lay with daddy and I.” Rae walked back over and sat down next to Zacky and rested Emily in her lap.

“Wanna give daddy a kiss?” Rae kissed Emily’s head.

Emily nodded and crawled from Rae’s lap and onto Zacky, and into his welcoming arms.

“Hi sweetie.” Zacky smiled and hugged her and her kitty close, then kissed all over her face, making Emily giggle.

“Hi…” She said shyly and kissed Zacky’s nose, then snuggled herself into his lap, her arms wrapped securely around his left arm that laid over her body.

She had her big teddy bear and her kitty close to her. If anything, Emily was a daddy’s girl, always at his side. It’d break Zacky’s heart the day Jimmy teaches her the drums. Rae laughed when Jimmy told Rae that in the hospital. But Rae didn’t complain, she knew there was nothing she could do about Jimmy being a teacher. Matt wouldn’t let him near Ella, but he was nice about it because they laughed.

“…’sper….” Emily sighed.

She loved that movie as much as Rae did and it drove Zacky mad some days. But he’d do anything just to make sure that his girls were happy.