Sequel: Here We Go Again
Status: Completed. The sequel is already up, so go check that out if you've finished with this story. =)

The First Cut is the Deepest

Chapter 9

It's been two days since I threw jello on Will's face. And it was getting kind of hard to sleep at night. I swear I had to keep watching my back. He might strike at any moment. At night, before I went to sleep, I could feel his eyes burning into my body. I could just tell he was glaring harsh daggers. It might not have been real daggers, but I could still feel it. And it was scary and it felt like it actually hurt a little.

It was Wednesday morning now and I was getting ready for school. And of course, I was always watching my back. While putting on my shoes, I was watching my back. While fixing my stuff for school in my bag, I was watching my back. While eating my breakfast, I was watching my back. I was getting tired of it. It was exhausting having to watch your back every second.

When I was finished eating my breakfast, Will came out of the bathroom, fixing his tie. I glared at him. He caught me glaring at him and glared right back at me.

"Why are you glaring at me?" he asked me from across the room.

"I could ask you the same thing," I replied harshly. He started to walk towards the kitchen. It took everything in me not to step back a few steps away from him.

"You started it. Why are you glaring at me?" he asked again as he walked past me and walked into the kitchen and grabbed a bottled water from the fridge. He opened it and starting drinking from it.

"You're making me worry," I replied honestly, taking a seat in a stool across from him.

"What? Why?" he asked me incredulously, facing me.

"Well... Aren't you going to do something to me?" I asked him. Will looked at me in disgust. I looked at him in confusion. Why was he looking at me like that? Then it dawned on me. "Oh, that sounded dirty. No, I didn't mean it like that, you perv!" I quickly blabbered.

"I'm the perv?! You're the one who said it!" he yelled.

"I said, I didn't mean it like that, you dumb ass!" I yelled back at him.

"Then tell me why I'm making you worry then!" he yelled again. Okay, we were just yelling at each other now and not speaking normally.

"Fine then! Aren't you going to get payback for when I threw jello on you on Monday?!"

"You want payback?! If you're so damn worried that I'm gonna attack you suddenly without warning, then I'll just give you your payback now!" he heatedly yelled. He turned around and grabbed a pitcher of lemonade that I made yesterday in the fridge. He turned back around and faced me. He leaned over the counter that was dividing us and pulled my shirt away from my body. He poured the whole pitcher of lemonade down my front side and then placed my shirt back. I gasped the whole time he did this. The lemonade was fucking cold! "There! There's your payback! Happy?!" he yelled one last time before he grabbed his bag and left the room.

"Holy shit..." I cursed. I grabbed the closest thing to me, which luckily were paper towels, and quickly dried myself. I quickly unbuttoned my shirt and threw it off me and onto the counter. It was soaking wet with lemonade. And so was my bra and skirt. "Great..." I muttered. I faintly heard the first bell ring. "You've got to be kidding me... I don't have time for this..."

I quickly rushed into the bathroom, grabbing my towel on the way there. I stripped of all my clothing and hopped in the shower, cleaning off all the lemonade. I quickly got out and changed into another set of clean uniform.

After I was dressed again, I started to hand wash my lemonade soiled clothes. I furiously scrubbed the articles of clothing as quickly as I could. When I was done and made sure there was no lemonade left on any pieces of clothing, I hung them out to dry on the shower door. I left the bathroom after I was done washing my clothes and started to clean the mess in the kitchen. I got a rag and cleaned the lemonade on the counter and kitchen floor. I heard the second bell ring a long time ago. I tossed the rag in the sink and washed my hands. I grabbed my bag and made sure I had my key card and left the room. I didn't bother rushing anymore.

"Fuck it. I'm late anyways," I whispered to myself.

Image


Will


I stormed out of the room after pouring a whole pitcher of lemonade down the yankee's shirt. After I closed the door to the room, I slumped my back against the wall. I leaned my head back and shut my eyes. Luckily, no one was in the hallway at the moment. I rubbed my forehead in annoyance. I replayed the scene over and over in my head. I pulled her shirt forward and... saw her bra. I saw her bra!

"Shit..." I muttered, banging my head back into the wall, rubbing my temples. I knew my face was red. It was more red with embarrassment than anger. "Fucking shit..." How did this yankee make me so flustered just by seeing her bra?! I banged my head once more against the wall before I heard the first bell ring. "Fuck, I'm late," I muttered before I rushed to the lift.

Image


Nicole


I got into the school building a half an hour late. I had missed most of first period. I opened the door to the classroom and started apologizing to Mr. Matthews.

"I'm so sorry I'm late," I said. He shook his head at me.

"Two people were late to my class today," he informed me. I looked at him in confusion. He pointed to the back of the classroom and I followed where his index finger pointed to. "William was also late to class. You and William are roommates, am I correct?" I nodded. "Then let me guess, you overslept as well? Just like William?" I quickly glanced at Will and he looked away when I made eye contact with him. I slowly nodded as I turned back to Mr. Matthews.

"Y-yes," I replied with a stutter.

"Maybe next time you both should come to class earlier, hm?" he said. He had just lectured me in front of everyone while I was standing awkwardly in front of the classroom. Well, that was fantastic.

After Mr. Matthews embarrassed me in front of the whole class, he told me to take my seat. I nodded and quickly made my way to my seat. I sat down in my seat, slumping almost instantly. I tossed my bag onto my desk before pulling out my book for the class. I glanced at Will before turning to a page in my book. He was glaring at me. Of course he was.

Through the remaining time in class, I felt Will staring at me. I wasn't sure if it was a good stare or a bad stare. Since it was coming from Will though, it was most likely a bad stare. I was annoyed nonetheless. I got bored and started playing with the hem of my skirt. My fingers brushed the top of my knee and it felt sticky.

Damn it! I still have lemonade on me!

I raised my hand and Mr. Matthews called on me.

"Yes, Nicole?" he asked me.

"Um, can I go to the restroom?" I asked awkwardly.

"I don't know. Can you?" he asked back. I sighed and asked again.

"I mean, may I go to the restroom?"

"Class is almost over, so no. You can wait," he said, turning back to the board and continuing writing.

I blew a puff of air through my mouth before I sighed. I looked around me and made sure no one was staring at me. I quickly licked my fingers and rubbed at my knee, hoping to wipe the sticky lemonade off of me. I glanced at Will and like I said, he was staring at me.

"What?" I muttered under my breath.

"What the hell are you doing?" he asked me.

"I have sticky stuff on my knee." He looked at me funny. Damn it! Why does everything I say sound dirty? "It's lemonade, asshole. Remember?" I asked bitterly. He stared at me one last time before looking away from me. I rolled my eyes and continued to wipe the lemonade off me.

Class finally ended and I packed up my stuff and headed towards the bathroom. When I got there, I grabbed a paper towel and wet it with water. I wiped all the lemonade from my knee and then made my way to my next class. Second period passed without much going on, just Will glaring at me as usual. I was glad when it came to third period. I walked through the doorway and saw Chris in the back of the classroom. I walked towards him and sat down.

"Hey," Chris said, leaning back into his seat.

"Hola," I said with a goofy smile. He chuckled as he shook his head. "How's Hayley?" I asked casually. He shrugged.

"Ever since that time in the cafeteria, she's been too shy to even look at me," Chris said, picking at a random piece of lint on his school pants.

"So what happened exactly?" I asked.

"So after you left Hayley and I in the cafeteria on Monday, we had a very interesting conversation. A very interesting, awkward conversation."

"And?" I prompted.

"Well, it turned out better than I thought it would. We sat down and talked about the letter. She said that since we don't really know each other that much and that she suddenly confessed to me, that we should hang out more so we could get to know each other better. And that she would wait for my reply to her letter when I was ready." I nodded as he finished speaking.

"Cool, cool," I said. "So you do think she's cute, right?" I asked him bluntly. I saw his cheeks instantly turn pink before he replied.

"Well, yeah. I'm not going to deny that," he said with a shrug. I couldn't help the smile that broke out onto my face.

Image


Everything was going pretty well up until I was making my way to fourth period. I was walking down the hallway of the school building, making my way out to the gym for PE. On my way out, I just so happened to pass by Will. And he decided to pull a dick move and trip me while I was walking. Of course, I was way too clumsy and I nearly rammed straight into the metal lockers in front of me. If I didn't reach out with my hands to catch my fall, I probably would have landed face first and broke my nose. After I recollected myself, I turned back to glare at Will. He only sent a stupid smirk my way before he walked away. I blew out a puff of air as I stood up and readjusted myself.

"Fucking asshole..." I muttered under my breath as I continued to walk to my fourth period.

Image


While changing into my PE uniform, I thought about Will tripping me. I thought we were now even after what happened this morning with the lemonade. Apparently not though. If Will wanted to play that way, then so be it. Two could play at that game. As I thought about it though, nothing came to mind as to how I could get back at him. Was there something I could use to tarnish Will's reputation, even a little bit?

I decided to just let it come to me and focused on PE class. The guys were outside while us girls were in the gym. The PE teacher said she wanted to whip us back into shape from summer before we started any sports. Instead, we were just conditioning for the time being. She made us run, do push-ups, crunches, etcetera. Near the end of the class period, I noticed that the guys came back inside the gym and were heading off towards the guys' locker room to change. An idea popped into my head as I thought about the guys' changing. And I sound like a pervert again. Get your head out of the gutter. I just thought of the perfect rumor to spread about Will.

"Pss..." I tried to get Marissa's attention once the teacher dismissed us. "Guess what?" I asked her when I did get her attention.

"What?" she asked as we walked to the girls' locker room to change.

"Well..." I started off slowly. "You know how I share a room with Will?" I asked her. She nodded. "Well, one time when we were getting ready to go to sleep..." I started to whisper and leaned closer to her. I finished the sentence in a whisper in her ear and pulled back and watched her reaction. Her eyes widened and she gasped.

"No way..." she trailed off. I smiled wide.

"Uh-huh," I said. "It's true. Don't tell anyone I told you this though, okay?" I asked with fake concern. Marissa nodded quickly.

"I won't tell a soul," she replied, walking off to change. While changing, from the corner of my eye, I saw Marissa frantically telling all the girls what I had just told her and telling them to keep it a secret as well. I grinned to myself.

Good Marissa. Tell everyone and let everyone tell everyone else. I can't wait to see Will's reaction when it reaches him.

I smirked evilly as I finished changing and heard the bell ring. I walked to class with a big, fat grin plastered on my face.

Image


By lunch time, word was everywhere. I was in the cafeteria alone, a few tables away from Will, waiting for word to finally reach him. It would happen any second now. I watched as everyone around him whispered and pointed at him. He didn't seem to notice it, but Annabella did as she marched up to him and leaned in close to his ear. Will's facial expression changed from curiosity, to shock, and then anger as Annabella whispered into his ear. Will pulled away from her and stood up, slamming his hands down onto the table.

"I do not have a small dick!" he shouted to everyone. The cafeteria was silent and then burst into laughter and murmurs. Will searched the cafeteria for me as I laughed my ass off. Once he caught sight of me, he glared at me. This wasn't like the other glares he'd sent me before. This icy glare chilled me to the bone. The hilarity of the whole situation though just warmed me right back up to room temperature. I waved to him with a big cheeky smile on my face. "You're dead," Will said as he pointed at me.

"Payback's a bitch," I replied as I flipped him off with a smile.
♠ ♠ ♠
Gah! I am so sorry for not updating this recently! I've been in a little rut with the sequel and such and I haven't really been writing much or even editing anything. =/
But here's the next chapter! =)