Ignorance Is Bliss, Cherish It

Truth

As soon as it was a reasonable time to go down to the police station, I left the house in a hurry. I had to see Frank. I had put my hair up and was wearing sunglasses. I don't think I'd be recognized. That was the last thing I wanted to happen.

I went up to a desk in the front of the police station.

"Hi," I said to the woman sitting behind the desk. "I'd like to visit someone."

"Who is it you would like to see?" the woman at the desk asked.

"Frank Iero," I said. The police officer had told me Frank's last name. That helped. It wouldn't sound so good if I had come in here, only knowing the first name of the person I wanted to see. The woman at the desk stared at me for a minute.

"You do know why he's here, right?" she asked.

"Yes," I said. "Can I please see him?"

The woman sighed before standing up from her desk.

"I'll be right back," she said. I watched as she went into an office behind her. A minute later, an officer came out, the woman following me. The police officer looked at me for a minute before going down a hallway.

The woman looked at me.

"Please follow me," she said. I followed her down the hallway and into a room with a table. and two chairs in it. She gestured to the chairs. "Have a seat."

I sat in one of the chairs.

"Do you want to visit him alone or with a guard in here?" she asked.

"Alone," I said. She looked at me like I was crazy, but I just ignored that.

"Well," she said. "Just so you're aware, he will have hand cuffs on both his wrists and ankles."

I nodded my head. The women shook her head and left the room. A minute later, Frank entered the room, the police officer from a few minutes ago behind him. Frank sat down in the chair opposite me and stared at me in slight surprise.

"I'll be just outside the door if you need anything, Miss," the officer said.

"Thank you," I said. The officer left the room and closed the door. Now alone with Frank, I took off my sunglasses and just stared at him. I was thinking of what to say. I looked at Frank. He was locked in here. Sure, he deserved it for murdering people, but I didn't like seeing him like this.

"Are you an idiot?" I finally asked.

"What?" he said.

"Why the hell did you turn yourself in?" I asked.

"I don't deserve to be free," Frank said. "I killed a bunch of people. I ended up killing your mom and hurting you even more."

"What's hurting me even worse," I started. "Is the fact that you're sitting here, in jail. I'm completely alone now. I don't even have you anymore."

"I thought you hated my guts?" Frank asked.

"Well I lied!" I said. I looked down. I had realized how I really feel about Frank. I felt a tear slide down my cheek and I quickly wiped it away before looking back up at Frank. "I love you Frank. I wish I had realized it sooner, before you turned yourself in."
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm not sure if I want to keep this one whole story or do a sequal? What do you think?
~Sally