‹ Prequel: So Kiss Me Goodbye

You and Me, Forever Young

Chapter 3

"Ah tour is finally over!" I sighed, leaning back into the rental van seat.

Will nodded tiredly with his head in my lap, somewhere between awake a delusional as I ran my fingers through his hair.

The night before he and the other guys had gotten drunk celebrating, leaving me to take a hung over husband back to Chicago.

We had made a deal that after the end of every tour Will could go out partying and get drunk without me being a nagging wife (that I tried not to be).

In exchange Will took Zackie for me whenever I needed well deserved time off.

Almost a year together and we had started figuring out the whole marriage thing, our biggest breakthrough being compromise.

While musing to myself about my life, Zackie began squealing in the seat in front of us.

I was torn between taking care of my son in his car seat or my husband with his head in my lap, keeping me from going anywhere.

Like a true best friend Jamie leaned over and began cooing to Zackie since I couldn’t.

With a glance back at me and Will, she smiled sympathetically and pointed her thumb in the direction of her own hung over hubby with his head in his lap in the front seat.

While I looked ahead to her I caught site of something familiar in the window.

"This is our stop." I breathed, too excited to speak much louder.

Jack however heard me from all the way in the back and pulled over on the curb.

Everyone carpooling their way home got out of the huge van, everyone being Mike, Jamie, Jack, Will, and the Butcher, along with me.

Even with their hangovers Mike, The Butcher, and Will unloaded the bags and brought them up while Jamie helped me with Zackie.

While the boys were up I turned to say bye to Jamie.

"Well Jamie, it's been fun spending the last few months with you, but while I love you a lot... I don't want to see you for a long time."

She laughed. "Don't worry the feeling is mutual."

As we leaned in and hugged, the guys walked out from the building.

"Hey, we want some love too!" The Butcher exclaimed.

I grinned and pulled him into our hug. "Happy now?"

He nodded childishly, pecking me on the cheek before jumping back into the car.

Mike walked up too and wrapped his arms around me, pressing a kiss to my temple.

"See you around Lilly, later Will."

There was an exchange of men hugs and chick hugs and in a flash it was Will and me standing on the sidewalk alone.

"Shall we go?" He asked, putting his arm around me.

I nodded, his arm around my waist leaving tingles of energy up and down my back.

Together we walked the familiar floors to our apartment, the paint chipped door never looking so good.

"Home sweet home." I murmured, a dazed smile on my face.

Will grinned and took Zackie from me as he unlocked the door.

Even though we'd been gone for two odd months, the apartment was still the same as it had been before; the same scattered toys and papers right where we'd left them.

I didn’t hesitate to walk to the bedroom, throwing myself into the bed.

"I missed you." I sighed, snuggling comfortably into the familiarity of my bed.

From the doorway I heard a laugh, but before I could open my eyes I felt the bed jump.

Will pulled me into his arms, pressing a tender kiss to my lips.

I was about to melt into it when a thought struck me.

"Where's Zackie?"

"In his crib." Will murmured, nuzzling my neck.

I laughed breathily, running my fingers lightly through his hair.

His lips began trailing down my jaw while his arms tightened around me.

"It's a good thing our cell phones are off so we won't be... interrupted." He chuckled.

Despite how much I was enjoying the moment what he said struck a cord in my mind.

Regretfully I pulled away.

"What is it?" Will asked, disappointed.

"I forgot... my phone's been off since Tuesday." I sighed, rummaging through my pockets for my phone.

Will grumbled to himself as I sent him an apologetic look, turning on my phone.

Eighteen missed calls and twelve voicemails.

Tiredly I listened to usual messages from my mom and Will's mom, Shelby's panicked messages about the wedding (which I made a note to get back to first), a mix of random ones from other friends like Brendon and Victoria, but it was the last one that got me.

It was from five minutes ago, and it was from Madi.

"I'm sorry Will, I have to go." I apologized, briefly kissing him before grabbing my jacket and heading out the door.
♠ ♠ ♠
I have no time to reflect, TAI JUST POSTED SUMMER HAIR = FOREVER YOUNG!!!!!
I'm such an addict...
Anyway... lovely readers of mine, please, please, PLEASE go read Toesofthetickledkind's stories!!!!
She has like the most amazing story called The Complex on here (and Quizilla for those of you that are migratory).
I'll make a deal with you, report back to me when you've read some of it, tell me the basic plot or whose in it, and I'll give you a sneak peek of the next chapter.
About what's wrong with Madi...
I don't do contests cause they generally fail, but maybe Mibba's magic will work it's wonders...
And I'm so totally dedicating this chapter to Barfalicious.
It's the only thing I can find right now to thank her for not only being the one to get me About A Girl but being the superhero she is also pretty much sent me Forever Young too!
I still don't know how to repay her...