Drag Queen Superstar!

Bumping Into You-Know-Who

*Gerard’s POV*

The rain was pouring down heavily as I walked along the dark streets. I wasn’t wearing a coat so I was getting soaked and my hair was sticking to my head.
I didn’t care though; I knew I’d be indoors soon.

Ten minutes later I found myself pushing the door the comic book store open, finally getting somewhere warm and dry.
The man behind the counter looked up from the comic he was reading and saw me coming in.
“Hi Gerard, haven’t seen you in a while.” The man, Dan was his name, said to me smiling.
“I’ve been away.” I said.
“Oh yeah? Where?” Dan asked.
“It’s a long story.” I smiled wryly. “I’m back for good now though.” I grinned.
“Good to hear it, looking for the usual?” Dan asked.
“Yep,” I said then he turned back to his comic and I walked up to the aisle I was looking for.
“X-men, x-men, x-men...” I muttered to myself while I scanned the long like of books until I got to the one I was looking for.
A few minutes later I found it, there was only one copy.
“Yes...” I said to myself.
Then I went to grab it and pull it out.
But I couldn’t, someone else was pulling from the opposite side of the bookcase.
‘Great,’ I sighed to myself, ‘somebody else wants it...’
I let go reluctantly and watched the book be pulled out from the other side, by the other person.
I began to walk out of the aisle to the main part of the shop when I bumped into somebody walking out of the aisle next to mine.
“Oh, sorry.” I mumbled then I noticed that whoever I had bumped into had dropped their book.
I picked it up.
I was the one that I wanted making the person who I bumped into the person who had took my book...
Oh. My. God.
I stood up straight and found myself standing face to face with Hayley. I’d forgot that she loved x-men to
“Hey, aren’t you the guy who used to sit next to me in class?” Hayley smiled.
I nodded and gave her back her book.
“I’m Gerard. Gerard Way.” I mumbled.
“How come you haven’t been to school in ages? There’s a girl who sits in your seat now. She’s called Roxy.” Hayley said.
“I’ve been away, it’s a long story. I’m coming back on Monday.” I smiled.
“Oh, right...” Hayley said smiling back.
Then there was a long pause.
“Oh, you were the guy who wanted this right?” She asked holding up the book.
“Yeah, but it’s OK, you can keep it.” I shrugged.
“You sure?” She asked.
I nodded. How could I say no when I was crazy about her?
“I tell you what seeing as you’re letting me keep this, I’ll go and buy us both a coffee at the coffee shop next door. I’m freezing and I don’t want to go home yet. Besides we should get to know each other if we are going to be sit next to each other again.” Hayley said.
“OK, that would be great!” I said brightly.
I know it wasn’t a proper date, especially as she already had a boyfriend but it was the closest I was ever going to get to on with her.
“Cool, let’s go then.” She said linking arms with me.
“Hey,” She said as we were walking out, “You wouldn’t happen to know what’s happening to Roxy when you come back? She told me that she was only staying for a few weeks because she moves around a lot.”
“I don’t know, maybe she’s leaving when I come back.” I shrugged.
“Oh... you’re probably right.” Hayley said.
I was right, Roxy had left.