Drag Queen Superstar!

Maybe Things Aren’t So Bad After All (As Long As G

*Gerard’s POV*

Frank and I walked silently to my first lesson. I don’t know why he was walking with me as he was in a completely different class to me, but it was probably for a bit of moral support.
I looked down at my feet at the pink and black Vans I was wearing. Seeing as this was the last day I was going to be Roxy I realised how much I was going to miss this whole girl thing. I had been enjoying it way too much and I really liked all the girls’ clothes and shoes I had.
Maybe I’d keep them under my bed and put them on when I would be sure I was in the house by myself.
Finally we stopped out my classroom door and a wave of nerves descended over me. I was going to have to face Hayley and tell that I was leaving, knowing full well that later on in the day I would be making out with her boyfriend...
“Good luck then,” Frankie said then began to carry on down the corridor.
“Remember come with Hayley at four at the school gates. Promise you can do that for me?” I asked him.
“Sure. Don’t worry, I’ll be there.” He smiled then walked off to his own lesson.
I took a deep breath and walked into the classroom.
Hayley was already at her seat and she saw me come in, so waved me over and smiled.
Feeling guilty, I sat down next to her.
“Hi Roxy, Pete’s having another party on Saturday, want to come?” She asked smiling
Oh God...
“I won’t be able to. I’m so sorry but today is my last day here. I’m moving again tomorrow.” I muttered, praying to myself that she wouldn’t be able to tell that I was lying.
Hayley didn’t reply, she stared down at her desk.
“Er... are you OK?” I asked her wearily. She wasn’t crying was she?
She was.
“I can’t believe you’re going. You’re my best friend! ”She wailed then flung her arms around me into a hug.
“It’s OK; you’ll find somebody else and forget all about me.” I said reassuringly.
“No I won’t. You’re my best friend in the whole world. What am I going to do tomorrow when you’re gone?” She sniffed into my shoulder.
“What about the guy who usually sits by you? Apparently he’s coming back tomorrow.” I said edging Gerard into the conversation.
“Gerard? He’s coming back tomorrow?” Hayley asked as if she was in interested and let me go, wiping her eyes.
I nodded then looked at her expression.
A little smile was forming on her mouth and she had stopped crying.
“Maybe things aren’t so bad after all.” Hayley said quietly, still smiling a little.
I took this to be a good sign.
A very good sign.