Drag Queen Superstar!

Break Her Heart (But For A Good Reason)

*Gerard’s POV*

“I’ll miss you.”
“I’ll miss you too.”
Hayley was crying again which made me feel even guiltier...
“I’ve got to go. You know, to pack and everything.” I said.
“OK...” Hayley said tearfully.
Then she pounced on me into a hug and I hugged back tightly.
I could see Frank over Hayley’s shoulder and he was pointing at his watch.
“It’s ten to four.” He mouthed silently.
That gave me half and hour to meet Pete, chat him up and make out with him in time for Frank and Hayley to catch us.
“Erm, Hayley I’ve forgot my... books for English. Will you come back into school with me to get them please?” Frank asked her.
“Sure,” She nodded and then turned to me.
“Bye Roxy.”
“Bye Hayley.”
Hayley walked with Frank back into school and gave me one last wave.
I waved back feeling even more guilty and anxious.
Was my plan going to work?

Five minutes later I found myself standing face to face with Pete, the plan working as planned.
“Hey,” He smirked looking me up and down.
“Hey,” I smiled at him.
“Thanks for meeting with me; you don’t know how long I’ve wanted to talk to you. By yourself.” He said.
“Oh yeah, why?” I asked innocently.
“Cause I think you’re really hot.” He smirked.
I blushed.
“Anyway you’ve got a girlfriend. Haven’t you thought about Hayley?” I asked.
“Course I have. I’d much rather have you though. I dump her straight away if it meant I could be with you.” He smiled.
OK...
“Hate to upset you but I’m leaving tomorrow. Today’s the last time you’ll see me again.” I said.
Pete looked distraught.
“But... What... Why” He stammered.
“So maybe you could give me a goodbye kiss before I leave.” I said.
Pete grinned then.
“Ok!” He said brightly.
I quickly glanced at my watch. It was a minute to four. Frank and Hayley should be coming any time now.
I took a deep breath.
I was about to kiss another dude.
Again.
‘Here goes’ I thought to myself.
Pete pushed me up against the wall and stuck him lips to mine. I kissed back and he ran his fingers through my hair. Then he stuck his tongue in my mouth.
I didn’t care that much though, as long as I could keep him occupied until Hayley and Frank came...
“Pete... Roxy!?... Oh my God!”
As soon as we heard that voice Pete let go of me quickly, my lipstick smeared across his lips and chin.
“Hayley, it’s not what it looks like!” He said desperately.
Hayley ignored him and just stared at me angrily and confused.
“Why would you do this to me Roxy? You were supposed to be my best friend!” She said her voice cracking as she struggled not to cry.
I couldn’t look at her because of the guilt I was feeling. Instead I looked at Frank who watched what was happening as if it was a tennis match, his gaze following whoever was talking.
“Pete, it’s over.” She sobbed then gave me a cold look as she stormed off.
“I’m glad you’re leaving Roxy Star, I never want to see you ever again!” She yelled.
We watched her until she was out sight, my guilt felling worse and worse with every passing second.
Pete looked at me sheepishly then said, “Want to do it again?”
Then he went to grab me again but Frank stood in front of me, blocking me and Pete.
“We’re going. Come on Roxy.” He said then grabbed my hand and we walked out of school together.
“Are you OK?” Frank asked me still holding into my hand.
“No.” I said truthfully.
“Do you think you’ve got a chance with Hayley now?” He asked as we crossed the road.
“I better, or else I’ve broken her heart for nothing...”