Give Me Vengeance

Chapter 10

I was finally allowed to leave the hospital, and Zack was driving back to Matt’s house. I didn’t want to go home, because my parents would want to talk about what happened, and I wasn’t ready. He turned on the radio, and Fade To Black, by Metallica was playing. He sang along and in the middle of the song he turned to look at me with narrowed eyes.

“I know you know this song. Why aren’t you singing?”

“I don’t feel like it” I smiled, but he didn’t buy it. He pulled over on the side of the road and looked at me.

“What's going on?”

“What do you mean? I’m fine”

“Don’t lie to me Kay. You’re not okay. Something is bothering you, now what is it?”

“Nothing. Drop it Zack”

“Kay, this isn’t like you”

“What do you know about what’s like me? You’ve known me for all of a little over a week! How do you know what’s normal for me?” I yelled, and he looked shocked.

“Kay, tell me what’s wrong. I want to help”

“Zack, you can’t help me now. If you wanted to help me, you would’ve been there the night I was raped!” I yelled louder and got out of the car. I slammed the door and stalked off, anger boiling my blood. He had no right to say that he knew what was normal for me. I walked to Lauren’s house and walked in, looking around for someone. I heard a noise coming from her brother’s room, so I walked up the stairs and pressed my ear to the door. I heard muffled noises, so I cautiously knocked and I heard a dull thump. Her brother opened the door and raised an eyebrow when he saw me standing there.

“Lauren isn’t here”

“Oh. Is it okay if I hang her then?”

“Um, okay. Come on in”

I walked into his room and just then my cell phone buzzed. I looked down. It was a text from Zack.

>I’m sorry.

I sighed and started texting him back.

--its okay. Not ur fault

>I was wrong with what I said. U were right

--its fine. I just need some time…I have a lot to thnk about

>I know. Don’t blame you. Val is worried

--why?

>she doesn’t know where ur at

--Lauren’s

>okay. Well, when ur ready, call me and I’ll give u a ride

--okay

>love u

I sighed and didn’t reply back. I was skeptical about love at the moment and didn’t actually know what it was. I put my phone away and her Jack was looking at me.

“Is it true?”

“Is what true?” my eyes narrowed.

“Did Brad, you know…?”

“She told you?!” I exploded and he still stayed calm.

“Yes”

I yelled in frustration and walked out of his room and into the living room. I picked out a movie and started it, sitting on the couch and trying to concentrate. It felt like I couldn’t trust anyone, and it scared the hell out of me. What scared me worse is that I knew I was pushing away the people I could trust and couldn’t find a way to stop it. I didn’t know what to do, and neither did anyone else. I hated Brad with a passion and it was his fault my life was slowly getting ruined. I wanted him to die, but I didn’t have the guts to kill him myself and I didn’t have the heart to ask anyone else to do it for me. Jack came in and sat next to me, starring. I finally looked over at him.

“What do you want?”

“I’m sorry. She didn’t tell me anything. Davey was over and I heard them talking”

“Then why did you say she told you?”

“I don’t know”

I didn’t say anything, just sat there and watched the movie. I had a feeling that my life would change, and I didn’t like it one bit. And I also knew there was nothing I could do about it.

~Fast Forward 8 years~

My alarm clock went off and I moaned, pushing it off my dresser and sitting up. My room slightly spun around me; I had a terrible hang over. My head was pounding and I was dizzy. I walked slowly to my kitchen and my phone said I had a missed call. I played the answering machine while I hunted down aspirin.

“Hey Kaydence, its Mom. Me and Dad are back from out cruise and are having a get together at our house tonight if you can make it! Bye”

I rolled my eyes and opened my fridge, getting a bottle of water. I walked to my room and opened my closet, looking for something to wear. I got out a pair of regular blue jeans, a plain white long sleeve shirt, and a black vest. I glanced at the clock and my eyes grew wide.

“Shit!” I yelled and changed quickly. I was going to be late for work, and my boss would kill me. I ran into my bathroom and did my hair and make up before putting on my black heels and running out the door. I patted my pockets for my keys, and threw my hands up in frustration when I realized they were still in the fucking house. I ran in, grabbed the keys, locked the door, and jumped in the car. I thrust the keys in the ignition and started the car, speeding down my street. I turned on the radio and quickly shut it off when I heard what song was playing. Bat Country, by Avenged Sevenfold. I couldn’t bear to hear their music, not after what happened.

~Flashback~

I groggily got up and walked into my living room, where my parents were sitting watching TV. I sat down next to my Dad and he kissed my cheek.

“Morning Princess”

“Morning Daddy” I mumbled and he laughed. There was a knock at the door and my Mom answered it. Zack walked in and I perked up, a smile on my lips. Only, when I saw his face, the smile disappeared. He walked slowly over to me, his eyes trained on the ground.

“Kaydence, we need to talk”

I was worried and followed him to the porch where I sat down next to him on the porch swing.

“What is it?” I asked. We had been going out for 2 years after what had happened with Brad, and had barely ever had problems.

“I…I’m leaving”

“What?”

“Well, me and the guys are leaving”

“Where?”

“We got signed, and we’re going on tour”

I smiled. “That’s great! I’m so proud of you!”

“I’m breaking up with you Kaydence” he whispered.

“What? Why?” the world was spinning and I felt my heart shatter into a million pieces. The guys and Zack meant the world to me; they were the ones that understood me, truly understood me. And Zack…I loved Zack and I knew I would never love another guy as strongly.

“I can’t have a girlfriend when I’m on tour. The rest of the guys are already gone, I just wanted to say good-bye”

I looked down, tears forming quickly, and his hand gently cupped my cheek. I looked at him, and saw that his eyes were hard; I couldn’t read any emotion in them at all. I heard him get up and walk to his car and he started it. I looked up just to see him drive away.

~End Flashback~

I pulled up to my office and walked in calmly. I was on time thanks to my maniac driving. I sat at my desk and put on my head set and looked up when the door opened. A mailman walked in and I smiled politely.

“Can I help you?”

“I’m looking for Kaydence Barnum”

“That’s me” I said, slowly getting up.

“I have a package for you” he handed me a brown envelope and left. I tore it open and a letter fell out along with a pair of tickets and 2 necklace things. I opened the letter.

Kaydence,
It’s been awhile, huh? I’ve missed you, and so have the rest of the guys. I’m sorry I didn’t say good-bye, but I suck at them. Here are a pair of tickets for an upcoming concert we’re having in Huntington, and I want you to come. There is also 2 backstage passes. I really hope to see you there. By the way, Zack doesn’t know I’m doing this, it’s a surprise.
Matt.

I dropped the letter and looked at the tickets. The concert was tonight.
♠ ♠ ♠
Here is a new update simply because I love my readers so much!
I ran out of idea's for what happened at Lauren's house, so I had to fast forward or end the story...and I didnt want it to end!

please, please, pleeease comment!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!