Give Me Vengeance

Chapter 11

I sat down in my chair, barely able to process what I had just read. After 8 fucking years they send me tickets and expect me to show up just like that? I mean, I missed the guys more then anyone could understand, but I was also pissed that they left me in the dark for 8 years. I shook my head and tried to concentrate on my job as a secretary at a law firm, but it was hard. I got my phone out and dialed Lauren’s number (yeah, I know, it shocker even me that we were still friends) and waited impatiently for her to answer her damn phone.

“Hello?” she giggled and I rolled my eyes.

“What are you doing tonight?”

“Nothing that I know of, why?”

“Well, I have tickets to a concert and I want you to go with me”

“To what band?”

“Avenged Sevenfold. Matt sent me tickets”

“After 8 years?”

“Yeah. Will you go?”

“Sure. I miss the guys a lot”

After the whole Brad fiasco blew over, Lauren had become close with the guys too, but mostly with Jimmy.

“Okay. Meet me at my place at 7:30”

“Alright. See ya then chick”

“Bye” I laughed and hung up my phone just as my boss walked in.

“Good Morning Mr. Harper”

“Morning Ms. Barnum. Do I have any messages?”

“Yes. You have a meeting with Jenny Brigamn at 4:45 at her office”

“Thank you” he walked into his office and shut the door. I signed onto my computer and got started.

I walked out of the office and got into my car after making sure everything was in order until tomorrow. I started the engine and pulled out of the parking lot and switched on the radio and listened to the DJ.

“Hey hey Huntington! So, who all is going to the Avenged Sevenfold show tonight? Call in and let me and the rest of the town what you think of the band”

I tapped on the steering wheel impatiently as the light turned red right as I pulled up. I changed the channel on the radio and yelped in horror as some whiney ass pop song came on. Frustrated, I just turned the radio off. When I got to my house I collapsed on the couch and closed my eyes, trying to make all the stress disappear. I must have fallen asleep, because before I knew it someone was knocking on my door.

“Calm down” I grumbled as I walked to the door and opened it. Lauren walked in and dragged me to the bathroom before I could even say hello.

“What the hell are you doing?” I asked, my eyes narrowing as she started pulling make up out of a bag and lining it up on the counter. She just grinned and turned on my hair straightner and curling iron.

“You do know there is no point in straightning my hair if you’re just going to curl it” I grinned.

“Shut up”

“Will you at least tell me why you’re doing all this?”

“Because, you need to look good for Zack. I know you still love him”

“I do not!” I scoffed, but I was lying. I did still love him; that was why I hadn’t even been on another date since he left. She rolled her eyes and then started my make up, which I protested whole heartedly to…but she didn’t listen. She then proceeded to do my hair and pick out my clothes for me like I was 5 years old. I got dressed and while I was doing that she was getting herself ready to go. I pulled on my Converse I have had since I was 17 and when Lauren walked out, I wolf whistled.

“Ow baby!” I smiled and she playfully smacked my arm before walking out to my car. I got in and handed her the backstage pass and ticket and then drove to the concert. The arena the band was playing at was packed and as we weaved out way in and out of the crowd, I lost Lauren. I shrugged, knowing I would see her later, and kept walking. I showed the guard my ticket and he let me in to the floor, the best seats at a concert like this. I fought my way to the front where I was pressed against the gates as more and more people poured in. There was a young teenage girl to my left and right, both looking about 15. They were bouncy and anxious for the show to start, and when the lights went out, they screamed so loud I thought my ear drums were going to burst.

They guys walked on stage and Matt was standing almost right in front of me, and I had to crane my neck to see him on the high stage. He smiled at the crowd.

“Hello Huntington Beach! We are Avenged Sevenfold, and it is good to be back home! Who’s ready for a kick ass show?” the crowd screamed and he looked down and his eyes locked with mine for a minute, making him smile even bigger. Brian started the intro for Bat Country, and when I looked to the right of the stage, my heart stopped and then picked up over time. It was Zack, and he looked gorgeous. He had black and purple hair, snake bites, a septum piercing, and sleeved arms. They all looked the same, but yet different at the same time.

~After the Show~
The guys played an amazing show, and as I fought my way to the backstage door, my stomach was doing nervous flips. Girls were gathered around the door, desperate to get in. I showed the guard my pass and he let me through, as just as he was about to close the door, I heard Lauren yell.

“Kaydence! Wait up!” I turned and saw the guard let Lauren in and she caught up with me, grinning.

“The show was amazing” I smiled and she nodded in agreement. We walked down the hallway and heard loud laughing that I knew to be Matt’s. I cautiously walked into the room with Lauren glued to my side and cleared my throat. They guys looked up, and Matt’s eyes lit up. He was like a big brother to me.

“Kaydence!” he yelled and picked me up into a bear hug, spinning me around. I laughed and hugged him back before he put me down. Brian was looking at me with wide eyes, and then an ear splitting grin lit up his face. He hugged me tightly and pulled back to look at me.

“I can’t believe it! It’s you!”

“Yes Brian, it’s me!”

“What the hell is with all the yelling?” a girl yelled and walked in. It was Val.

“Val!” I yelled and ran over to her. She hugged me with a surprised look on her face.

“Oh, my god! What are you doing here?”

“Matt mailed me tickets and backstage passes!”

“Yay!” She hugged me again and then looked at Lauren.

“Lauren!”

“Val!” they hugged and then, my heart went into over time when I saw who walked in next. Zack. He looked around and confusion crossed his face when he saw Lauren.

“Lauren?” he asked and she looked at him.

“Hello Mr. Baker”

“What are you doing here? Is Kay here…?”

“Hey Zack” I said shyly and he turned and his eyes went wide when he saw me.

“Kaydence?” he whispered.

“Hey”

Before I knew what happened he had me in a tight hug, and I was hugging him back.

“I missed you so much” he whispered, pulling back to look at me.

“I missed you too”

He let me go when Johnny and Jimmy walked in, laughing and smiling at something. I grinned.

“Still fucking each other I see” I said, and they whipped around and stared at me. Then

“Kaydence!” they both yelled and ran over to me, tackling me to the ground. I laughed and tried to hug them both at the same time, but it wasn’t easy.

“Matt, help! I can’t breathe!” I yelled and Matt and Brian pulled them off of me. 4 girls walked in then and smiled when they saw the guys. 2 of them were blond and 2 of them had brown hair, and the guys smiled when they saw them. I watched as one of the blondes walked over to Zack and kissed him and I felt the world spin. He looked at me with a happy smile on his face.

“Kaydence, this is my girlfriend, Gena”