Give Me Vengeance

Chapter 12

“Hi, nice to meet you” I smiled politely.

“You too” she looked at Zack with a loving smile on her face that made me want to gag.

Val walked over and dragged me to the corner along with Lauren. “You’re still in love with Zack, aren’t you?”

“Yeah”

“Sweetie, I’m sorry” she rubbed my back and hugged me tightly.

“It’s fine. I need to get over it anyway, it was 8 years ago when they left and got huge”

“It’s not easy to get over first love, especially when they were through so much with you”

“I know, but I’ll be okay”

Zack walked over to us, a smile still on his face, but it faded slightly when he saw my expression. Val and Lauren looked at me before walking off, leaving us alone. I looked down, not wanting to make eye contact with his stunning green eyes.

“Kay, are you alright?” his voice was gentle, and it reminded me of all the times he told me he loved me and that he always would. I nodded my head and looked up at him with a false smile on my face.

“I’m fine. It’s so good to see you all again”

“I missed you”

“Why didn’t you ever call me?” I looked at him, some anger coming back from earlier when I got the tickets. He grabbed my hand and pulled me into a private room and shut the door. I walked to the far end, glaring at him, remembering all the pain and anger he had caused me.

“I’m sorry, I was scared to. Kaydence, it hurt so bad when I broke up with you that day”

“I’m sure” I snorted, rolling my eyes.

“It did!”

“Did you ever stop to think for one minute what it would do to me when you left?! Did you ever stop to think of how you told me you loved me and you always would and I was the only one for you before you did that?”

“Of course I did!”

“Was that before or after you were fucking different women each night?” I yelled.

His eyes blazed with anger and he advanced towards me, his jaw set.

“I never” he hissed.

“I’m sure you didn’t stay up all night crying. I’m sure you didn’t go into a huge depression and hurt yourself. And I’m damn sure you have had more girlfriends after me!”

“You don’t know shit about what I did, and you still don’t”

“So tell me Zack, why didn’t you ever call? Why didn’t you write?”

“Because I was afraid I was going to leave tour to come back because I missed you and hearing your voice would just make it harder!”

“So your tour was more important than me?”

“No! I never said that! I thought of you every minute of every day!”

“And when did that stop? 3 days later when you played your first show and met a girl that was easy?”

He did something then that I would never, ever forget. Zack Baker slapped me across the face. I stood there, shocked, my hand gently touching my face, looking up at him with hurt eyes. He was equally as shocked, and he also looked sick. He stumbled back, and tears filled my eyes. Not only because he hit me so hard, but because he hit me in the first place. I slowly walked passed him, and he grabbed my hand in his. I yanked it away.

“Don’t touch me” I whispered.

“Kaydence, I’m sorry” he choked, but I shook my head and walked out. Everyone turned and looked at me, and then they must have seen a mark on my face, because they all stopped talking. Lauren and Val rushed over to me.

“What happened?” Val asked, gingerly touching my face.

“Zack hit me” I whispered, still shocked.

“What?!” Val screeched and Matt walked over, worry on his face.

“What happened Val? Kaydence, what…holy shit what happened to your face?”

I looked at the ground, ashamed. “Zack” I mumbled quietly, but he heard me all the same.

“What?! That fucker, I’ll kill him!”

Brian walked over and saw my face and was smart enough to put 2 and 2 together.

“That bastard!”

All the rest of the guys had the same reaction, and I didn’t really want Zack to walk out in fear of someone hitting him. I couldn’t help it; I still loved him like I loved him when we were dating. Unfortunately for Zack, he did walk out 5 minutes later. Everyone was silent, glaring at him like he committed a murder or crashed a $1,000,000 car. He looked at me and shame filled his eyes.

“Kaydence, I’m”

Matt cut him off. “A piece of crap! How dare you hit her?”

“I wasn’t thinking and we were fighting”

“That’s not an excuse Zack. You left her 8 years ago, didn’t talk to her, and then when she shows up to surprise you, you hit her!”

“I know, and I didn’t mean to, but what the hell Matt? Why would you invite her without telling me?”

“Because she’s Val’s cousin, and our friend. She was there for all of us, not just you. She means a lot to all of us”

“I know, but you could have warned me!”

“Why would you need a warning? I thought you missed her?”

“I did! I missed her more than anything!”

I looked between the both of them, and I was sad that I had caused the fight. I slipped out the door out into the cool night air, hoping for the first time to be forgotten.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hola!

Here is the last update for awhile =( i wont have computer access after today for a long time, so sorry in advanced for the wait to all those who like the story!!

xXalyssaXx
<33