Give Me Vengeance

Chapter 13

I shivered, the cool night air nipping at my skin, and I mentally scolded myself for not just taking my car. The streets were dark, and it was hard to see where I was going, let alone which way home was. I pulled out my cell phone and called Lauren, praying she had my car and she could find me.

“Hello?”

“Lauren, it’s Kaydence. I have no idea where I’m at and it cold out here. Can you come get me?”

“Matt! She’s on the phone!” I winced when I heard someone take the phone from her.

“Kaydence, thank god! Where are you sweetie?”

“Um, I have no idea”

“What’s around you?”

“Uh, a 7 Eleven, K-Mart, and some little shops”

“I think I know where you’re at. Is there a condemned shitty looking building that you can see?”

“Yes”

“Alright, I’ll be there in a minute”

“Thank you”

He hung up and I breathed a sigh in relief, thankful that Matt knew the way around Huntington still. I remembered when me and all of the guys would go walking the streets at night, exploring just for something to do. Something about here looked familiar, but I couldn’t place it. I sat down on the sidewalk and gently touched my cheek where Zack hit me, biting the inside of my cheek. He hit me hard, and it still stung a little. I heard loud laughing and I nervously looked around. It was stupid to wander around this part of Huntington alone at night, and I mentally kicked myself again for not taking my car. I saw the flare of headlights coming, and an Escalade drove up to me slowly. I squinted through the headlights and my eyes grew wide. Matt wasn’t driving. Zack was. He pulled up to the curb and leaned over, opening the passenger door for me. I hesitantly got in, my heart pounding against my rib cage. I was going to kill Matt when I saw him again.

“Are you okay?” Zack’s voice broke through the night, and I remembered when he would stay at my house over night and we would talk until the sun came up.

“I’m fine” was all I said. I wasn’t going to tell him I still loved him, because I know he didn’t feel the same way.

“I am very sorry for what I did. I didn’t mean to and I feel horrible for doing it”

“Just forget it. I’ve been through worse”

“I know, and that’s part of why I feel so bad”

“Forget it Zack”

“Okay”

It was silent for a minute. “Zack, why did you break up with me? I mean, Matt stayed with Val and she went with you guys”

“Does it matter now?” his voice was tight.

“Kind of. I want to know the reason behind me being so miserable for months”

“I broke up with you because I thought we needed a break and tour was a perfect excuse”

“You lied to me?”

“I didn’t want to tell you the truth because I didn’t want to hurt you that bad”

“Well you did”

“I didn’t mean to. Where do you live?”

“Just drop me off here. I can make my way home now”

“Fine”

I couldn’t believe he was actually going to let me walk home at 2:00 AM in the wrong part of Huntington. He really just didn’t want to be here. He stopped the car and I climbed out, and slamming it, flipped him off. I was over being sad. I was pissed now.
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry its so short!!! i dont have much time to write all my stories. the next chapter will be longer to make up for the wait and then how short this chapter is!!!!!!!!!!!!!! comments please!!!

xXalyssaXx
<33