Give Me Vengeance

Chapter 14

I kicked my shoes across the living room, wincing as they hit the vase my Mom gave me and shattered it. I didnt go clean it up though. I collapsed on my couch, my teeth grinding together, closing my eyes. There was a tapping on my door and I got up, walking over to it before yanking it open. Zack stood in my door way, shame in his eyes.

"Can I come in?" he asked hesitantly.

"Sure" I plopped down on my couch, ignoring his questioning glance around the living room.

"What do you want?" I asked.

"I wanted to apologize for what I did earlier"

"Go ahead" I looked at him, raising my eyebrow.

"Kaydence, I am the biggest jerk on the freaking planet for the way I treated you tonight and I know that you probably hate me for it. I am so sorry for what I did. Please forgive me" he looked at me with his beautiful green eyes, bangs slightly hanging in them, hands in his pocket. I sighed, closing my eyes before looking at him again, knowing his face would break my heart.

"Zack, I forgive you, but only because...because...nevermind"

He sat down next to me. "Because of what?"

"Forget it"

"Kay, please, tell me"

I looked at him, my heart aching, and my chest felt hollow. I thought of his girlfriend Gena, I thought of his friends, I thought about how desperetly I loved him.

"Because I know that's the only way you'll be happy" I finished finally.

"Why do you care about my happiness?"

"Because you used to care about mine"

"What do you mean I used to? I still do"

I snorted. "Right"

"Why don't you trust me?"

"I wonder why Mr. Vengeance. You broke my heart under false pretences, never contacted me in any way, and then when I see you again, you slap me"

He flinched at every word I said and I could see that my words were cutting him deep, making me flinch inside.

"I have no words that can make anything I did any better, but I have this" he leaned down and his lips were mere inches from mine. My breathing caught in my throat; my body aching to lean in and kiss him, to taste the lips I had been missing for the last 8 years.

"Kaydence, please give me one more chance" he breathed, his sweet breath a mix of JD and peppermint.

I turned my face away while my body screamed that I was being stupid and that it wanted to feel him against me again, feel him inside me again.

"Zack, I can't. Go back to Gena" I got up and walked into my bedroom, tears filling my eyes, and I felt the last peices of my heart fall and shatter.

Zack's POV

I watched Kaydence walk away from me and I felt my heart break all over again. I was stupid to leave her when I was a teenager; she was the most amazing girl in the world. Her words hit me like a ton of bricks. I wanted to grab her hand, to pull her back to me, but I couldn't seem to make my body obey what I wanted it to do. Instead I sat frozen on her couch, watching her disapear into what I guessed was her room. When I heard the silent click of her door close, I rested my head in my hands, tugging on my left lip piercing with my teeth to the point of my lip bleeding a bit. I got up, retreiving my keys from my pockets, and walked out of Kaydence's house. I gently shut her door and unlocked my car. I climbed in and cranked the radio, drowning out the thoughts that were bouncing around in my head. I drove through the dark streets of Huntington to my house, groaning when I saw Gena's car in my driveway.

Of course she would be here tonight. I turned the car off, glancing at the house just in time to see the curtains of my bedroom close. I walked in, smelling incense and candles burning somewhere, my guess being my room. I warily truged down the hallway into my room, my jaw dropping a little at what I saw. Gena was laying on my bed in a black lacy bra and thong, candles casting a glow on my wall. I could feel my member getting hard, and I knew I had to get it to go down before I did something I would regret in the morning. I started thinking of the grossest things possible and my mind stopped on Johnny in a hot pink speedo. I almost gagged and thanked god when my erection went down before it became noticible.

"Hey baby" Gena cooed.

"Gena, I need to talk to you" I sat down on my bed and she crawled over to me.

"What is it?"

"I think we should break up"

Her eyes went wide from shock. "Are...are you dumping me?"

"I'm sorry Gena, but I'm in love with someone else"

"It's that Kaydence girl isn't it?" she asked saddly.

"Yes"

"Okay. Well, she is a great girl. I'm sure you'll be very happy with her" tears formed in her eyes and I started to panic. I hated seeing girls cry. I couldn't handle it.

"Gena, I really am sorry"

"It's okay Zack, I understand. We can still be friends though right?"

I smiled. "Of course"

She nodded. "Okay"

I gave her a hug before she got up, gathering her clothes as she walked out. I was glad she took it so well and that we were still cool for the most part. I stripped my shirt and pants before climbing into bed and drifting to sleep.

Normal POV
I opened my eyes, the afternoon light streaming into my room. My chest ached from last night and my pillow was stained from crying all last night. I looked at my phone. 10 missed calls and 38 unread text messages, most of them from Lauren. I threw the blankets back, swinging my feet on to the floor. I dug my toes into the thick carpeting before standing up all the way. My phone rang again and I glanced at the screen. A text. I picked up the phone and slid it open, curiosity raging inside me because I didn't know the number.

-Kay, I know I screwed up, but please give me one more chance. Zack

I closed my eyes, my chest aching immensly more than it did just a few seconds ago. I wanted to give him another chance more than anything, but I also didn't know if I could trust him. So, I called the one person that knew Zack better than me. Brian.

"Hello?"

"Brian, it's Kaydence"

"Oh hey. What can I help you with?"

"It's about Zack"

"I'm listening"

"Can I trust him?"

"With...?"

"My heart"

"Whoa there girly. What are you talking about?"

"Zack wants to get back together with me and I don't know if I can trust him or not"

"Uh, listen Kay, as much as I would like to help you out, I don't know what the hell to say"

"Oh...okay"

"I'm sorry Kaydence. But I do think that you should give him another chance. He still loves you, despite what you think"

I bit my lip, a smile playing at the corners of my mouth. "Thanks Brian"

"No problem Kaydence. And will you please call Lauren? She is driving everyone crazy worrying about you"

"Okay" I chuckled.

"Bye"

"Bye Bri"

I hung up my phone, dropping it on my bed. Talking with Brian made me feel better because I knew he would never lie to me, no matter what everyone thought of him. I walked into my kitchen and grabbed the box of cereal. I reached into the cabinet, grabbing a bowl from the top shelf. I set in on the counter and poured the cereal along with some milk. My home phone rang, making me jump and slosh milk on myself. I cursed and answered the phone.

"Hello?"

"Kaydence, it's Zack" he sounded nervous.

"Hey"

"Do you want to meet me somewhere?"

I smiled. "Sure"

"How about the little coffee shop by the beach"

"Okay. Meet you there at 11:00?"

"Sounds good"

"Alright. See you then Zack"

"Bye"

"Bye"

I hung up the phone and broke out into a victory dance.
♠ ♠ ♠
Here you go!!

I got some complaints that Zack was being a big ass, so yeah, I fixed it =)

comments=love

xXalyssaXx
<33