Give Me Vengeance

Chapter 6

I looked at Val and she giggled and we both sat down on the couch. She turned on the TV and nonchalantly flipped through the channels until the guys stopped paying attention to us and went back to talking to each other. She turned to grin at me and I winked and we both turned back to the TV. Matt sat next to her, playing with her blond hair. Zack sat next to me with a grin on his face that I didn’t like one bit.

“Zack, what are you doing?”

He looked at me with wide, innocent eyes. “Whatever do you mean Kaydence?”

“Don’t try anything Zack Baker otherwise you will have hell to pay” I warned and Brian leaned forward, pressing his body against the back of the couch so his head was in-between ours.

“Yeah Zack, don’t you know the quote hell hath no furry like a woman scorned?” he chuckled and I slapped his arm.

“Shut it Haner” I growled and Val nudged me with her elbow. I turned to look at her and then I looked at Brian and Zack.

“Guys, do you think I’m pretty?” I asked and they both shut up instantly.

“I, uh, I” Brian stuttered and I gasped.

“You don’t, do you?!” I wailed and he became nervous.

“No, I think you’re hot”

“Oh, so you only view me as a sex object?” I demanded and he turned red and looked at Zack for help, who was too busy thinking of what to say to my question.

“No, that’s not it! I think you’re very pretty!”

“Save it! I know you’re only saying that to make me feel better! What about you Zack? Do you think I’m pretty?”

He looked over at me with panicked eyes. “I think you’re beautiful”

“Like how?”

“Uh, like sexy, smart beautiful”

“Sexy! See Val, I told you he was only interested because he wanted to get into my pants!”

Val turned to glare at Brian and Zack while pretending to comfort me.

“How dare you use my cousin like that!” she yelled and they shrank back. She turned to Matt.

“Well, aren’t you going to do something?” she demanded and he immediately stopped talking to Jimmy.

“I, um” he gulped.

“Oh, so you’re just going to let my cousin be treated like crap! What does that say about your character? How does that prove you’re going to be a good dad for our kids?”

“Kids?” he choked out, and by now the entire room had gone silent.

“Yes! What, you don’t want kids, or just not with me?”

“No, of course I want to have kids with you, just not right now!”

“Oh, so you only want me for sex now, but when you decide to grow up you’ll become responsible? Is that it?”

“What? I, uh, no! Val, I love you!”

“Sure. You know what Kay, let’s go! These guys are jerks!”

“You’re right!” we walked out of the house, leaving the guys still trying to figure out what was going on. Once we were safely outside, we busted up laughing.

“Holy shit! Did you see their faces?” I gasped.

“Fuckin priceless!”

“So, do you think we should go back in there to keep them from hurting their brains too much?” I asked after we stopped laughing and she nodded. We walked back in and the guys were still trying to figure out what the hell just happened.

“Guys, it was a joke” I chuckled and they looked relieved.

“Holy shit you guys are idiots” Val said affectionately and sat in Matt’s lap. She kissed him quickly and then snuggled close to him. I looked at Zack and Brian and raised my eyebrows.

“Kay, I must admit, that was good” Brian congratulated me.

“Thank you. Oh, and Zack, I want to congratulate you”

“For what?” he was confused.

“For your answer. I mean, it took me a minute to think of what to say. You called me sexy and smart, which was hard to make look bad”

He grinned. “I am good”

“Hey, don’t be getting a big head” I warned and he chuckled.

“Of course not”

My phone rang and I looked at the caller ID. Shit, it was my Mom.

“Hey Mom” I answered.

“Would you like to tell me why I got a call from your school saying you ditched?” her voice was cold. Fuck, I was going to have to play this off.

“Well, while I was at lunch, I went outside and got a prank call from someone saying Daddy was in a plane crash. So, of course I broke down and my friend Zack found me and comforted me by bringing me to his aunts house, who is a grief counselor” I winced at how bad that sounded.

“Oh, okay. Just don’t do it again”

What the fuck? She bought it?

“Don’t worry, I won’t”

I hung up the phone and everyone starred at me.

“She bought that piece of crap story?” Zack asked in disbelief and I nodded.

“I always thought my Mom was smarter than that” I said and everyone started laughing.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hola my readers!

Okay, so i had a hard time writing this chapter, so comments would be greatly appreciated!!!!!!!!!

xXalyssaXx
<33