Give Me Vengeance

Chapter 7

I sat on the couch with Zack on my left and Val and Matt on my right. Brian was crouched down on the floor, looking at the selection of movies that Matt had. I had no idea where Johnny or Jimmy were, and I didn’t want to know either. My phone rang again and I looked down at the number. Brad. I got up from the couch and walked outside to get some privacy. Thankfully Zack didn’t follow me this time.

“Hey baby” I answered.

“Hey. I’m having a party tonight and I want you to come”

“Oh, um, okay. Can I bring Lauren?”

“Sure. Danny needs a girlfriend anyway and he digs Laura”

“Danny? Really?”

“Yeah, I didn’t see it either until he told me a few weeks ago and made me promise not to say anything”

“Well, looks like you broke it”

“Yeah, well, I can tell you anything. I mean, I love you”

Sure you do. “I love you too”

“Well, the party starts at 8, so you and Laura be here at 7:30”

“Okay, see you then” I hung up and walked back inside and then called Laura.

“Hello?” she answered.

“Lauren, it’s Kaydence. We’re going to a party tonight at Brad’s. Meet me at my house at 7:00 so we can be there early”

“Okay. Hey, where did you go earlier today at lunch? Me and Davey were worried about you after what happened with Brad and Zack”

“I’m fine. I’m with Zack right now at his friends house. We’re about to watch a movie”

“Is his friend single?” and I knew she was smiling.

“Which one? There’s 4 of them”

“Oh, how many are single?”

“Lemme check” I looked at the guys. “How many of you are single?”

“Everyone but Matt sadly” Jimmy answered, walking in.

“3 are single” I told her and heard her squeal.

“I want to come over! Please!” she begged and I laughed and looked at Matt. “Can Lauren come over?”

“Sure” he shrugged.

“Alright, you can come. I’ll come get you right now” I sighed.

“Yes! Thank you!”

“Yeah, yeah. See you in a few”

I looked at Zack. “Is there a car I can borrow?”

“Here, use mine” Jimmy threw me his keys.

“Wanna come with me?” I asked Zack and his eyes lit up.

“Sure. Where we going?”

“To get Lauren from her house. She wants a boyfriend”

Johnny, Brian, and Johnny’s eyes all lit up when they heard this and I sadly shook my head before walking out with Zack at my side. When we were in the car and driving he looked over at me.

“Kay, are you still going out with Brad?”

The question caught me off guard and I briefly looked over at him. “Yes. Why?”

“Why did you kiss me then?” he asked.

Oh shit. Why did I kiss him. Because I think I’m falling for you and want to be with you, that’s why. Of course, I didn’t have the guts to say that; besides, Brad would probably hurt me if I broke up with him.

“I…Zack, I’m sorry. I shouldn’t have done that. It wasn’t fair to you or Brad”

He looked hurt and I wanted to jump out of the moving car for making him feel bad.

“It’s fine. Let’s just forget it even happened” he finally said and looked out the window. I blinked back tears and pulled up to Lauren’s house. I got out and walked in, leaving Zack in the car, and walked into Lauren’s room. She was just putting on her shoes and saw my crushed expression at once.

“Hey babe, what’s wrong?” she asked, concerned. I broke down and sobbed in her arms. She sat on the bed and stroked my hair and let me cry until I was done. I looked at her.

“I…I think I’m falling for Zack” I sniffed.

“You kissed him, didn’t you?”

“How did you know?”

“I’m your best friend. Of course I know”

“I kissed him twice and I really like him, but I think I’m still in love with Brad so I don’t want to break up with him”

“What did Zack say?”

“He’s making it worse because he’s not blaming me!”

“Oh sweetie, I’m sorry. I don’t now what to tell you other than I would go with Zack. I mean, he’s sweet, sensitive, and understanding”

“I know” I groaned and lifted a pillow to my face before screaming into it. There was a shy knocking on the door and her Mom answered the door. We heard footsteps coming up the stairs and there was a knock on her bedroom door. She walked over to it and answered it.

“Oh, hey Zack”

“Is Kaydence in here? She came in a couple minutes ago and left Jimmy’s car running”

Oh shit. I forgot about Jimmy’s car.

“Yeah, she’s here” she opened the door wider and Zack saw me, eyeliner running down my face and everything. He rushed in and sat next to me, worry in his eyes.

“Kay, what happened? Are you okay?”

Lauren walked out and I looked at Zack. “I’m sorry” I whispered.

“Look, just forget about the kiss, alright?” he said softly.

“I can’t. It was so wrong of me to confuse you like that. I shouldn’t have. I mean, you are such a good guy. You’re so sweet and sensitive and caring and understanding” more tears rolled down my face and he wiped them away with his thumbs. He took my face between his hands and made me look at him.

“Kaydence, you don’t need to be sad because of something we both did. I knew you had a boyfriend, and I still kissed you when I shouldn’t have. You need to let it go and forget about it”

I shook my head and he pulled me against his chest, rocking me back and forth. My phone rang and I pulled back to answer it.

“Hello?”

“Babe, where are you and Lauren?”

“Oh, um, we’re getting ready. Don’t worry, we’ll be there” I hung up the phone before he could say anything else and looked at Zack.

“Zack, I know that I’m going to regret this, but” and with that, I pulled him into a kiss. I pulled back and rushed out of the room before he could say anything. I grabbed Lauren’s hand and pulled her out of the door with me. I climbed into Jimmy’s car and she threw herself in the passenger seat in fear of me leaving her there. While I was driving, she kept glancing at me.

“What?” I finally asked.

“Why’d you rush out and leave Zack there?”

“I…I kissed him again” I admitted and she shook her head.

“Kay, you need to figure out which guy you want. You can’t jerk Zack around like this. You’re only hurting him”

“I know!” I pulled up to Brad’s house and turned the car off. I walked to the door and walked in, Lauren on my heels. Brad kissed me when he saw me, a grin on his face.

“I’m glad you’re here” he grinned and I nodded weakly. He looked at Lauren, but she shrugged and walked into the kitchen to get something to drink.

“Kay, is something wrong?” Brad asked, and he looked concerned for once.

“Fine” I smiled brightly and he nodded, believing me.

~The Party~
I wandered around the house, looking for Brad. I ran into the linebacker for the football team, Peter, and stopped him.

“Pete, where’s Brad?”

“No idea. Last time I saw him he was with Melissa Drake”

“Head cheerleader Melissa Drake?” I asked, my eyes narrowing.

“Yeah, that one”

“Okay, thanks Pete” I walked away, weaving through people who were dancing to the music. I walked up the stairs, looking for somewhere quiet to sit. I was still confused about the whole Zack and Brad thing, and I needed to sort it all out. I opened Brad’s bedroom door and froze. He was having sex with Melissa Drake.

“Brad?” I whispered and he looked over and shock crossed his face.

“Kaydence, wait” he yelled as I fled from his room and out the door, shoving people out of my way. I ran down the sidewalk and into the little park on the corner. I sat on a swing, tears streaming from my face. My heart was aching and it was hard to breath. I was hyperventilating, so I didn’t hear the footsteps approaching me.

“Kay?” someone whispered, and when I looked over, saw Brad. He was only wearing a pair of jeans.

“Leave me the fuck alone” I whispered.

“Kay, I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to. Please forgive me” he pleaded, sitting next to me on the other swing.

“Didn’t mean to? You didn’t mean to cheat on me and have sex with Melissa?” I hissed.

“No, I’m sorry”

“It’s over between us Brad. Go back to your party”

His face twisted in anger and he pushed me off the swing and to the ground. He straddled me so I couldn’t get up and slapped me across the face.

“You think you can break up with me?” he hissed and hit me again.

“I…” I whimpered.

He got up and yanked me to my feet by my hair.

“How dare you think that”

He hit me again, and then, he raped me.

When he was done he zipped up his pants, spit on me, and walked away. I was sobbing uncontrollably and shakily got to my feet and righted my clothes. I wiped the blood dripping from my lip and folded my arms across my chest. It was cold outside, and I slowly walked to Matt’s house. I shakily knocked on the door and Brian answered, laughing at something he was told. When he saw me he stopped and his eyes became wide.

“Kaydence, what happened?” he asked.

“Is it okay if I stay here tonight?” I whispered and he nodded and I walked inside. Val was still there and when she saw me, she stopped talking to Matt and flew to my side. She rushed me into the bathroom and closed and locked the door.

“Kay, what happened to you?”

I sat on the toilet after putting the lid down and looked at her. “Brad” I whispered.

“What did he do to you?”

“He raped me” I choked out and started sobbing again. She hugged me and there was a light knock on the door.

“Val? Kaydence? What's wrong?” it was Matt. She looked at me.

“Can I tell them?”

“Go ahead. Can I take a shower?”

“Of course. I’ll get you some of my clothes to wear”

I nodded numbly and she walked out, leaving me alone. I shakily turned the water on hot and shed my clothes. I stepped in and shivered when the water hit my skin. I furiously scrubbed my body until it was red and some spots were bleeding. I turned the water off and stepped out. I wrapped a towel around me and cautiously walked out to the living room. Everyone stopped talking and looked at me. No one said anything and Brian walked over and crushed me in a hug.

“I’ll kill him” he whispered and let me go. All the guys walked over and hugged me and then I noticed Zack wasn’t there. Val walked me to Matt’s room and laid clothes on the bed. I changed and brushed my hair and then walked back out with her. Matt was on the phone and hung up the phone.

“Zack is on his way”
♠ ♠ ♠
O_O Brad is an asshole.....

Oooooh what will Zack do when he gets there and finds out????????

Comments?????????????????????????? They really do make my day when I get new ones!!!

xXalyssaXx
<33