‹ Prequel: The Wrong Jonas
Sequel: Something Better

School Comes First But Where's A Future Without Him

Chapter 8

Joe and I walked downstairs and into the dining room. As we did, everyone's eyes fell on us and the laughter and talking stopped.

Oh shit.

My mom came over to me and said softly, "Hey sweetie, are you okay?" She put both of her hands on my shoulders and gave me a sympathetic look.

What, from having sex? Are you kidding me?! I'm ecstatic! I've never been happier in my life! Everything went so swell... until I came down here and got asked a dumb ass question that I know nothing about.

I saw Nick giving me strange looks from his seat, like as if I was supposed to go along with the dumb ass question.

He stopped immediately, though, when Mr. Jonas gave him a look.

"Um... yeah. I'm doing just fine." I answered, now giving Nick a weird look.

"Oh, that's great. We were getting worried about you." My mom walked back to her seat and the room filled with laughter again. What the hell is she talking about?

I looked over at Joe who was doing 'secret language' with Nick. I have no idea what they're saying. What is going on here?!

Pretty soon, Joe was leading me to the main hall with Nick following closely behind. Once we got there, I asked impatiently, "Okay, will someone please tell me what's going on?" I looked back and forth between Joe and Nick. Joe was blushing fiercely. This night is making my mind feel like mush...

"Um..." Nick started, looking at the floor. "I heard you and Joe when I went upstairs to bring you both down for dessert. When I came back down by myself, mom asked where you guys were. And I told her that you weren't feeling very well and that Joe was comforting you until you felt better."

Holy freaking shit.

He heard us.

Nick heard me and his OWN BROTHER HAVING SEX!!

I felt my cheeks grow hot.

Nick turned to Joe, looking angry. "Oh, and I also found this on the floor under the door." He pulled out Joe's (old) purity ring from his pocket and shoved it in Joe's face. This made Joe blush all the more.

"Is this how you treat you're promise to God? Leaving it on the floor? Nice going, moron. Seriously. Did you even think twice about giving your body up? Huh?!" This is a side of Nick I have never seen. Well, maybe I have. Remembering the time when Joe took Nick's food back on tour. Yikes...

But still. He's acting like Kevin.

Speaking of that, where is Kevin? As bad as this situation is, shouldn't he be here?

Joe just stared at the ring, his face filled with sorrow. Funny, I don't see guilt written anywhere. "I'm sorry." He said, his voice low.

"I'm not the one you should be saying sorry to. You need to tell God you're sorry." Nick took the ring out of Joe's face.

"Nick, it's not only his fault. I'm a part of it, too." I said. I felt ad for Joe. Nick was yelling in is face while not a word was said to me.

Nick looked at me. "Yeah, but you're not my brother. And it's harder to yell at you. But you do have a point. You're both at fault for this." He pointed to me and Joe. Joe still had on a sad face.

"Joe, I'm sorry I rid you of your purity." I don't know, it felt like the right thing to say at that point.

Joe looked up at me and furrowed his eyebrows. "No, Alyssa, don't be sorry. I don't regret any of it. I still love you just the same." My eyes lit up at this.

He didn't regret it. He didn't regret having sex with me.

I didn't know this before, but I really needed to hear that. I smiled at him. His eyes lit up and he smiled back.

Just then, Kevin walked in the room. "Hey guys, what are you talking about?" A hint of worry in his voice.

Oh great, now he has to come in and ruin the beautiful moment.
♠ ♠ ♠
Here's another chapter!! I just got back from my uncle's boat, so sorry for the delay.
It was a lot of fun and I got a tan!!!!
Yeah, hope you like the update.

:)