‹ Prequel: The Wrong Jonas
Sequel: Something Better

School Comes First But Where's A Future Without Him

Chapter 9

Kevin walked over to us with his eyebrows knitted together, looking worried. As if he knew that we knew something that he didn't.

Crap. I know I need to tell him. I mean, he's Joe's brother, and basically mine too. He acts as the best older brother ever. Keeping something like this from him wouldn't be the best idea. Especially if I were to be pregnant.

Oh shit.

What if I'm PREGNANT?? Oh... my... God...

I can't be pregnant, I just can't. I mean, I can't walk into college looking like I just swallowed a watermelon. That would be INSANE! Most of all it would attract attention. A LOT of attention. I don't want to be known as the school slut, that's a cheerleader's job.

Wait a minute... I am a cheerleader.

Oh great, that's just swell. Now I'm going to be known as the slut who stole Joe Jonas' purity. The only thing that he is supposed to cherish until marriage. And I just ruined that for him.

But, he did say that he didn't regret having sex with me. That brought a smile on my face, and Kevin looked at me oddly before asking again, "Seriously guys, what's going on? First Joe and Alyssa disappear, then all of you disappear whispering to each other. What he hell?" Kevin stood between me and Joe, examining all of us.

Joe and I quickly glanced at each other before Nick jumped up and said, "I think Alyssa and Joe should do the honors of letting you know, Kevin." He smirked at Joe and me, as if he thought that this was the best moment in his entire life. Screw him!!

"Um... well, you see... How do I explain this?" I looked at the ground, trying to think of how to say it without making sound bad. The problem was, every way of saying it was bad. I mean, how could you tell someone you're no longer a virgin without it sounding bad? Seriously.

I didn't even need to say anything. Kevin took one glance at Joe's left hand and froze. His eyes bulged out of their sockets just staring at his hand. An uncomfortable silence fell over us all.

"You couldn't have thought of a better time to do it?" Kevin looked up at Joe and me, his face no longer a confused expression. It wasn't even angry looking. It was just... there. Emotionless.

Nick's eyes widened at his older brother's comment. "What? You're not even going to ask them how come they were so stupid? You're not going to tell them how ashamed you are of them? That's all you have to say?!"

Jeez, what's wrong with Nick? All of a sudden he's become the more mature brother who is going to handle this situation very strictly. Dear Lord, did he have chocolate today?

"Well, yeah. I mean, I know you guys were at least smart enough to be protected, right?" Kevin smiled a crooked smile and stared at Joe and I. Silence once again filled the hall.

Kevin's smile quickly faded and he asked in a harsh tone, "Right?"

Joe looked Kevin straight in the eye and said, "No." He seemed completely unfazed by this. Why isn't he getting red in the cheeks like he was before? Why is his back completely straight and his head held high? WHY IS HE ACTING LIKE HE JUST MURDERED AND ANT?!

Kevin backed up a little and held his head in his hands. "Oh my-Jesus Christ! What the hell is wrong with you two?!" He kept grunting and swearing, his head still in his hands.

"Kevin, we're in love. We were ready. If she does end up pregnant, I will be there for her every step of the way. Whenever she needs me, I'll be there. It wasn't on just plain stupidity." Joe looked at Kevin as though he had three heads, as I stared at Joe as if he had five heads.

Part of me wanted to scream at Joe for taking this so lightly. He had just broken his promise to God. We had just had unprotected sex and I could be pregnant.

The other part of me wanted to run in his arms and have him hold me forever. He will be there for me. He's so sweet about it. I want to scream at him and make out with him at the same time.

Well that makes perfect sense.

Kevin stopped his rather obscure scene and looked at Joe sincerely. The anger had vanished from his face and he was back to Mr. Emotionless.

"You guys really are in love, aren't you?" He looked at me. I nodded my head while staring at Joe, who was smiling at me. Out of the corner of my eye, I could see Kevin nod his head and smile also.

"Oh, come on. You've got to be kidding me. He still broke his promise to God! He still just made a terrible sin!" Nick said, waving his hands frantically in the air. What the hell?

Kevin sighed and closed his eyes. "Oh Nick, will you just put a cork in it?! Nobody's perfect! We all make mistakes! Some just make bigger ones than others. Get over it!" Kevin screamed.

Thank God! Someone needed to tell that boy to chill out. He was getting all loopy on us.

My smile widened as I went over to Joe and got wrapped in his muscular arms. It feels so much better to finally get that off my chest. Now that hard part. Telling mom and dad.

Oh, who cares. Right now, all I want to think about is what dessert I'm going to eat so much that it'll make me puke. And I could do it all in Joe's arms, without any doubt that this is the man that I love. This is the guy I want to spend the rest of my life with.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh my God, people I'm so sorry for the lack of updates. Still going through writers block, but it's not as bad as before. Again, I'm so sorry. Forgive me please?

:)