Wait to Save Me, I'll Save You Too

Ten.

"Mom, I don't know." I answered my mother's question, 'You do want to have a baby shower, right honey?'.
"Awh, Sweety it'll be fun. It gives you a chance to get all sorts of cute baby gifts whenever we find out what it is."
"Mom, I don't know if I want to know yet, I sort of want it to be a surprise." I said as we walked down the baby asle of Target.
"Well.." my Mother started, "It is your choise." she siged. "I just always wanted to be a grandma one day and-"
"Mom," I cut her off, "You are going to be a grandma."
"I know, I just thought it would always be fun to throw a baby shower for a change."

I siged, feeling sorry for her. She was always trying to talk me into things, and this time I didn't feel like falling for it. I hated when she did this. Whenever she made me feel guilty.
I siged, once more. "I'll think about it, mom."
"Ohhh!" She kissed me on my head. "Thank you, sweetie!"

*****

Later that day, after buying baby supplies at Target, I made my way home, and found a house full of guys, well that is, whenever I went upstairs and found Jonathan, Marc, and Austin painting a spare room, obviously the baby's soon to be room.

"Uhm, hey guys." I said as I stood by the door of the room. "What exactly are you doing?"
"You know. Guy stuff. Because were guys, and this is what we do. Duh Stephanie, get it through your head." Austin said, and he took a break from painting.
"Okay, then. You're stupid. Where's Caleb?"
"He went to go get pizza. Because were guys, and guys get really hungry." Austin went on.
"Austin, shut up. I'm not talking to you." I said. "Marc, where's Caleb?"
"He went to go get pizza."
"Oh, just making sure that guy right there was telling the truth." I said, sarcastically.
"Haha, funny sister." Austin returned the sarcasm.
"Anyways, why are you guys doing this? Caleb should be helping."
"It's cool. It's kind of fun painting anyways. And besides, it's my future baby niece or nephew, so I don't mind." Jonathan said, his back facing me, and painting.
"Wait." I started, "Why are you painting? We don't even know what this baby is yet!"
"Calm down." Marc said. "It's yellow, does that really matter?"
"I guess not." I laughed. "Sorry."

"PIZZA!" We all heard from downstairs.
I looked over at the guys, and watched as they all dropped their paint brushes, and ran as if they were racing eachother to the kitchen.
I laughed, and walked my way after them.
When I walked into the kitchen, I stopped and watched how they digged into the pizza boxes like animals, and Austin already shoved one whole slice into his mouth. "Wow.." I said to myself.

"Oh, hey babe I didn't know you were home already." Caleb smiled at me, taking a bite of his pizza.
"Yeah, I've been here for at least 15 minutes now."
"You hungry?" He asked with his mouth fool.
"No, I ate, thanks."
"What's wrong with you? You have to eat, you pregnant crazy lady! You need to feed little Leonard in there!" Austin joked.
"Dude, his name isn't going to be Leonard. It'll be Jonathan, right guys?" Jonathan looked at me, and then Caleb.
"What the hell, who said this baby is a boy?" I asked them.
"Caleb!" Austin pointed to him.
I looked at Caleb.
"He's a liar." Caleb laughed.

I walked over to the refrigerator to grab a water, and turned around and found everyone starring at me. "What?"
"Nothing." they all looked away.
"Anyways," I started. "My mom wants to throw me a baby shower." I told them.
"Really? Thats cool. You should let her." Caleb said.
"Should I?"
"Yeah. We could use baby stuff, I mean, not that we couldn't afford it or anything."
'I don't know though. Maybe I'll let her."

"Could I come?" Austin asked.
All the guys turned to look at him quickly.
"What? I've never been to one before..." He lowered his head.
"Dude, Baby showers are for chicks." Marc said. "You're a dude, dude."
Austin sighed. "It just looks...fun."
"Okay, just stop." Caleb laughed. "We can all go out and do something whenever they have it."
"Uhm, yeah, I don't even know if I want to have one." I said.
"Well, it's up to you." Caleb smiled.

"Yeah, well I'm going to go take a shower and stuff..." I started, "And please, don't leave this kitchen a mess."
"We won't." They all said.
♠ ♠ ♠
I don't really like this chapter. Lmao. It went by too slow, and there's no point.
Anddd, More comments = More updates.