Wait to Save Me, I'll Save You Too

Nine.

4:25 a.m. is what my alarm clock read.
I turned over on my side to look at Caleb, he was asleep. And of course, his mouth was open wide, as usual.
I got up from the bed and tip-toed myself out of the dark room.
And duh, Yes I was making my way to the kitchen. I was so hungry that I could eat anything.

As I walked into the kitchen, I turned on the light and made my way over to the refrigerator.
There was nothing.
Oh yeah, that's because Austin was over earlier tonight, damn him.

I bent down to see if there was anything to snack on, and I found a big jar of fat pickles.
I grabbed the jar, and set it on the counter and grabbed a couple pickles out.
After I was done with my first pickle, I started craving peanut butter.
I stood on my tip-toes and looked in the cabnits for some peanut butter.

"Yes." I said to myself. The crunchy kind, my favorite.
After I got tired of snacking on pickles and peanut butter (bad combo.) , I put everything away and made my way back upstairs to the bedroom.
I hopped in bed and the alarm clock now reads 4:41 a.m. I pulled myself close to Caleb so I can have at least some covers since he snatched them all when I went downstairs.

I lay my head on my pillow and starred at Caleb. I couldn't help it. He looked so adorable when he slept, even though his mouth was always open really big. He still looked cute.
I bit my lip and thought of how hungry I still was. I wanted to wake him, but I didn't want to at the same time, since he looked too sound asleep.
But I did anyways.

"Bayyybeeeeeee!" I said, closely to his face.
His eyes shot opened quickly. "Your breath reeks of pickles." he pulled the cover over his nose.
"I'm so hungry. Let's go cook something. Pleeeeeeaaaaase." I said with a pouty face.
"Stephanie, do you realize what time it even is?"
"Yeah. So what. Me and your kid are starving." I pulled his hair, jokefully.
He sighed. "Fiiiiiiiine. But you're helping me cook." he said as he got up out of bed, pulling a shirt off the dresser to put on.
"Okay okay. Let's just hurry because I've never felt this hungry in my whole life and I don't know what can happen to me."
Caleb shook his head and laughed. "Yeah, okay Stephanie."

*******

After Caleb and I (Okay, mostley Caleb) cooked some breakfast, we lay on the couch and watched TV until the sun came up, and we eventually fell back asleep for a couple of hours.
I had the weirdest dream, too. Like, Indians kidnapped me and took me to this place, I don't know, I guess where ever Indians are from? Well anyways, and I was a slave. It was really creepy. My baby turned out to be this weird looking, scary, most disgusting creature I've ever seen.
That better not be a sign that my baby is going to be ugly. Stupid dream. I think I ate way too much. Maybe that's why I'm having weird dreams.

I woke up to a big boom. I quickly sat up, and seen that Caleb was on the floor.
He looked up at me. "Thanks." he said as he got up.
"For what?" I said, confused.
"For pushing me off the couch."
"I did? Awh, I'm sorry." I got up from the couch.
He laughed. "You really hurt me." he put his hands over his eyes, faking to cry.
I laughed, also. "You're such a baby." and I sat back down on the couch.
Caleb sat down next to me, also. "There's nothing ever on TV these days." he said.
I gasped.
"What? Did you want to watch that?" He looked at me.
"No, the baby. I just felt it move for the first time." I smiled at him and grabbed his hand.
His mouth dropped in excitment. "I can feel it. Thats so crazy."
I laughed. "I know. It's freaking me out."
"Why?"
"I don't know. It's just weird, thats all."
"Yeah, I wouldn't know." he kissed my stomach. "Only five more months until we see this baby."
"I know. And I'm freaking scared. It's going to be scary going into labor."
"You don't have to be scared. I'm going to be there right by your side the whole time." he smiled at me, the smile that made my heart melt.
I smiled and looked down at my belly, and placed my hand ontop of where Caleb's was.
"Caleb," I started, "When do you think we should get married? I mean, I kind of want to before this baby is born-and before I get any fatter." I laughed
"I don't know. Soon I guess. And I wouldn't care how fat you look. Your going to look beautiful no matter what."
I smiled. "I love you."
"I love you more." he kissed me. "And were going to be married soon, I promise."