We Don't Always See The Bright Side And I Lied When I Said I was Fine

At The Party

Seven O’clock arrived sooner than Frank thought it would. Guests started arriving not long after that. He recognised Ray, Bob and Keri. But there were lots of people who he didn’t know at all.
The music was on full, he didn’t know what band it was, but he sure did like them. The room was dimly lit, the only real source of light was a lamp in the corner of the room. There was a small table at one side of the room covered in snacks and beverages.
“so…” Frank said, turning to Gerard “What’s this party for?”
“No real reason… just wanted one… so… yeah”
“Okay”
Gerard stood up and went over to dance with Keri.
Frank stayed put on the couch, watching everyone dance together. He wasn’t sure what he should do, so he thought he should stay put until someone decided to include him in the excitement.
He cast an eye around and saw Mikey dancing with Scarlet, rather closely. He felt a quick pang in his stomach, but told himself it was nothing. Anyway, why would he be jealous of Scarlet? Mikey didn’t like her. Mikey liked men. Mikey liked Frank, so why should Frank be bothered about who he was dancing with?
“Hey cutie,” Frank looked up to see a girl sat next to him. She had black hair, slightly longer on one side than the other with purple streaks here and there. She had electric blue eyes. Frank had to admit she looked very pretty. “What’s you’re name?” she asked.
“I-I’m Frank”
“Nice. I’m Jasmine,” she smiled.
Frank nodded his head, taking in more of her appearance. She wore a low cut top and a pair of black baggy-ish jeans that rested on her hips. A studded belt was wrapped around her waist and fastened to the side.
“Wanna dance?” she asked him
“Sure”
The pair got up, dancing around to the current song that was on.
“I’ve never seen you around before, how come?” Jasmine asked
“Oh… I’ve only known these guys for about a week now,” Frank said
“Oh… okay.” she put her arms around his neck and whispered in his ear “Lets say we go have a little fun”
“What do you mean?”
“Lets get us a room to ourselves”
“I don’t think I can” Frank said, blushing.
“And why’s that?”
“I sort of… have my eye on someone else…” Frank said, nervously hoping that he hadn’t said the wrong thing. Automatically, his eyes rested on Mikey for a second. “Not that you’re not nice looking yourself… and I’m sure you’re a lovely person” he carried on.
Jasmine folded her arms and looked at him.
“Just… we’ve only just met as well”
“And… you’re gay,” she smiled.
“What?”
“You’re constantly watching you’re little friend over there” she nodded in Mikey’s direction. “You’re crushing on him aren’t you?” she laughed a little and turned away.
Frank stood there amazed. If she could tell, she did she proposition him like that? He shook his head, trying to let it go and went over to the food. He grabbed himself a handful of stuff and a can of beer, going back to sit down on the couch. As he sat down, Mikey sat beside him. “How you liking it?” he asked.
“It’s good” Frank said quietly.
“I saw you getting chatted up earlier by that Jasmine girl. Why didn’t you go for it?” Mikey asked.
“Oh… I just don’t like her that way. Plus there’s someone else here who I like” Frank said, taking a swig from his can.
“Oh…” Mikey’s face fell “Who is it?”
“Just some guy…”
“Guy?”
“Oh shit…”