We Don't Always See The Bright Side And I Lied When I Said I was Fine

Spill it Already

“You like guys?” Mikey hissed.
“I- I like a guy” Frank confessed.
“Who is it?”
Frank shook his head.
“Urgh. I knew something like this would happen… I bet it’s Gerard or someone,” Mikey said “They always fall for him”
“No. it’s not Gerard.”
“Who is it then?” Mikey asked.
“I don’t want to talk about it. I mean, I’m not even sure if I like them. It’s silly really. I mean, I’m pretty sure I’m straight” Frank said, trying to get out of the conversation.
“Well, it’s pretty obvious you’re not if you fancy a guy!” Mikey said.
“I don’t want to talk about it here…” Frank told him. “I don’t want people hearing…”
“Why not? What’s wrong with it?”
“Nothing. I just don’t want people to know…” Frank said. “I’m already a loser enough”
“No one here thinks you’re a loser, Frank”
Frank shrugged. “I think I’m just gonna go to bed” he said, he got up and left the room.
How was he meant to tell Mikey that he liked him after he went off like he did the other night?
He changed quickly into his night clothes.
There was now a blow up bed in Mikey’s room. They’d agreed to take turns. He jumped on it and stared at the ceiling. He wasn’t really tired, but he just wanted some time to think alone.
“Frank are you okay?”
Frank looked over to the door way to see Gerard stood there.
“Yeah, I’m fine. Just tired is all” Frank lied.
Gerard came over and sat on Mikey’s bed, looking down at the air bed which Frank was laid up on.
“Your lying,” Gerard said.
“No I’m not!”
Gerard gave him a sceptical look “yeah, whatever. Now what’s up?”
“Nothing,”
“tell me!”
“No!”
“So there is something?” Gerard said with a look of victory on his face.
“Maybe”
“then why wont you talk to me?”
“Because. I don’t want to talk to anyone…” Frank said, he turned over on his stomach so that he couldn’t see Gerard any more.
“fine. Just come back to the party…” Gerard asked.
“Okaaaay. I’ll just put my jeans back on”
“Good boy” Gerard left the room.
Frank pulled his jeans on, but instead of going back to the party, he went straight to the bathroom, only to find someone already in there.
“Oh… sorry,” frank said, hastily shutting the door.
“No, it’s okay, I’m finished anyways” Mikey came out of the door.
Frank didn’t move out of the way. He studied Mikey for a second, making up his mind about what he should do.
He pushed Mikey back into the bathroom “I need to talk to you” he said, locking the door, which Mikey had neglected to do before.
“Okay… what is it?”