Finding a Fairy Tale Ending

New Boyfriend

“So, how is dance team? Keeping them in shape?” Mike asked me as we sat waiting for our food to come out. I took a sip of my Dr. Pepper and scanned the place.

“They are awesome. A great team who knows all their places! Plus, they can practice without me. It’s awesome. They just have them all do their things and act like I am there. Like, when I was sick… they ended up practicing.” I said and my eyes locked with Mike’s.

“How’s the campaign going?”

“Oh, fine.” I said and waved a hand. “Are you going to compete with me?” I asked and he grinned.

“I was thinking about it. A friendly game of who’s better in school?”

‘You know you’ll lose!” I said and his eyebrows shot up.

“Or will you?”

“I hate when you get all mind tricky on me.” I said and he smiled.

“Which is why I do it!” he said with pure joy and I glared at him, but he only cheekily smiled at me. Then I could smell food and turned in the direction of it. Our food was coming. Man, I was starving. Why was I starving?

“You ok?” he asked when I turned back around.

“Yeah. Fine.” I said as the plates landed in front of us. I picked up my fork and began to eat my steak, and Mike did the same.

“So…” I said.

“So…” he repeated and then we both laughed. “Like your meal?” he asked politely.

“Of course! You know my weakness.” I said and laughed a little as he smirked.

“Well, don’t know if you know this but I have kinda been your best friend for a number of years now…” he trailed off and I started to really laugh, turning fellow citizens to stare at us both.

“I kinda do know that.” I took another bite of my steak and smiled to myself. We ate in a comfortable silence and my mind began to drift. The baby, what I was going to do… I couldn’t go get the abortion. 1.) didn’t believe in it, 2.) couldn’t do it without telling at least my mother. And she would definitely tell my father, who would in turn explode and then ask me who the father was and I would simply respond: I have no clue. And then they would think I was a slut and would be afraid of what the whole town would say.

“What are you thinking about?” Mike jolted me from my horrible thoughts. I looked up and guess I had a startled look on my face. “Are you ok?”

“Fine.” I smiled slightly. “This steak is really good.” I said and ate my last bite of steak. Mike finished his steak as well and we set our forks and knives down.

“Ready for dessert?” Mike asked me.

“Umm… only if we share.” I said and he smiled. He waved for the waiter to come over and asked for a small ice cream sundae with two spoons to share. He was so thoughtful, and he got a small, so he must be full too.

“This was really sweet of you Mike!” I said as the sundae was placed in front of us.

“I am glad you enjoyed it.” He said.

“I… I was wondering… could we continue to date?” I blurted out and his head snapped up and he looked at me unsure of what to say. “If not, then that’s ok.” I said quickly but regretted saying it cause it wouldn’t be alright.

“Case, would you be my girlfriend?” Mike asked me and I smiled.

“Of course Mike. As long as I get to call you boyfriend!”

“You can call me whatever you want.” He said and took my hand and kissed it.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the shortness. But, I liked where I ended it. Hopefully there will be more soon. Two chapters in one day. Aren't my readers lucky!
Now, I really would love comments from the 45 readers whoa re reading my story. It boosts my confidence and also boosts how long the chapters are.
Now, heres something you can post:
When should Cassey tell Mike she was pregnant?