Finding a Fairy Tale Ending

A week later

I woke up to wires all around me and white walls. Beeping was the noise I had awoken to and I didn't like it. I hated hospitals and knew thats where I was.

"Whats going on?" I asked and heard a few gasps of surprise and the first person I saw was Mike. Not Belle, not Jason, not my parents or younger siblings or even older siblings. I saw Mike.

"Case? Are you ok? Are you feeling ok?" He kept asking over and over and I tried to sit up but I couldn't. The pain was unbearable.

"Yes, yes and no. What happened to put me in the hospital?" I asked and looked at Mike. He grinned.

"You took a punch for me from Jason." he said and smiled at the memory he was thinking of.

"How is that so funny?" I asked and he just grinned down at me. And then it struck me. "Jason?" I sputtered and he laughed at my reaction. "Why would Jason hit me? Or you?" I asked. Mike's face grew serious.

"You really don't remember do you?" he asked seriously and I tried to just nod but it didn't work out, for a shooting pain went up my cheek and into my brain where a slow headache was beggining to form.

"No. Not really. What happened." I stated the question. If Jason had meant to hit Mike it wasn't ok. He had hit me instead and that definately wasn't ok.

"Well, you were mad at Belle and I had said thank you for sticking up for me then Jason came around thinking we were doing more then being friends and he went to punch me and then you stepped in front while he was swinging andhe hit you and then you managed to look up and tell him I was your best friend and to back off. The teacher saw the whole thing. So right now Jason might go to ju-v for hitting you and hospitalizing you or he could go to jail if you didn't survive. But you did so sadly he only goes to ju-v." Mike sighed and wiped his forhead acting like the story was too long. But it was too short. What had happened? I remember the Belle part... I remember walking with Mike but after that... I don't remember anything.

"Why were you asking me if I was ok?"

"After you went out cold you kept moaning and moaning. You kept saying make it stop i your sleep and then... then you kept saying Mike make it stop... and let me tell you. Jason wanted to punch my face even after he heard the news that he was arrested." Mike said and he looked away from me. "Why did you keep calling me?"

"I don't know..." I said and then seriously thought about it... "Oh cause when we were in middle school or younger and I was sick you'd come over and declare yourself my doctor and you used to make sick so much fun. You tell me jokes and stuff to make me forget about the pain. OR if I got hurt and had to go to the ER you used to come along and again make the pain go away with all my giggling." I said and smiled up at Mike.

"Oh yeah! Though, I don't think I could've done any of that since you were out cold and moaning..." he made fun of me and I laughed. It felt good to laugh.

"I'm really glad were best friends again Mike." I said.

"We never weren't." he said and smiled down at me. Just then Jason came in with a nurse on his tail saying he wasn't supposed to be in here.

"Sir, I am sorry but your not allowed to see this young lady."

"To hell I'm not." his eyes flared when he saw Mike there holding my hand.

"Oh dear. Fine then. I'll just go call the police." the nurse said and walked out of the room quickly.

"Cassey, I am so sorry!" he started but I stopped him.

"You wouldn't listen to me so I got in front of Mike so you would see me. But you were so concerned about Mike and me that you didn't even see me till it was too late. You were going to punch Mike!"

"Yeah, and I missed and got you instead. Why is he here anyways?" he demanded of me.

"Hey, I am still here you know!" Mike announced and Jason sent him a death glare.

"He's my Best Friend!" I screamed and he looked at me again. "Stop acting like every boy I hang out with is bad and that they are only after me to date me instead of being my friend. Well maybe I like them that way too! Did you ever think that it wasn't them, it was me straying from you? And how dare you even punch anyone! You told me you would never punch anyone even if you got jealous. And I shouldn't have believed you!" I said with venom in my voice and my headache was transforming into a migrane.

"Your already going to ju-v and I don't date criminals. So, we're through." I said right as the police came in and grabbed him. They took out their cuffs and cuffed him without a struggle from Jason. He was still taking the me dumping him and trying to process it.

"Your... your dumping me?" he asked incredulously.

"Uhh. Yeah. I don't date criminals or people who hit me." I quietly stated and he was led from the room in shock. I closed me eyes and didn't hear a doctor come in. I opened them to find him putting a shot into my IV.

"What are you doing?" I asked and then instantly knew for I was getting tired. Great. What if I didn't want to sleep?