Status: Hatius. Sorry, will post new chapter sometime January.

Runaway Life With Rock Stars

Huit

Chapter Eight:

I was due to following them before their show. They’d gone to the liquor get somewhat to drink. I stayed behind, in the offing from them, sitting at the sidewalk. I was so ashamed of my appearance that I had decided to stay some detachment from them so they wouldn’t be reluctant themselves of having a repulsive girl at their part. The guys had insisted that everything about me was forgiven and didn’t care how I looked and if I was worthy enough to be with them or not; they simply wanted me to be at their sight for some reason, but I felt uncomfortable with the idea, so I shoved them off my shoulder when they kept insisting. Sitting alone as passersby walked behind me, giving me dirty glares at my presence, for Gerard’s shirt I wore was to bit long and looked way baggy for me; my tightly ripped pants were so old and wrinkly; my hair got a bit frizzy and all ends were split as they stuck out unevenly here and there; my skin had returned to its original pale color, so I looked sick, yet I was getting better, but this is my normal skin color; my eyes were red and a bit puffy for holding back tears I’ve done this day. I hate it when I cry in the inside. I feel trapped and so unclean.

They were heading to their rehearsal now, so it was just to precious to be invited to be with them, even though I was in such a poor state. They came out at least ten minutes afterward. They were already half way through their drinks, viewing themselves to others like the living dead with their make-up and their wicked cool costumes! As they kissed the top of the bottles to drink, we began to walk toward the other side of the walk to reach the corner of it. The place was crowding with people was we moved on, so it was getting tricky to catch up with the guys, since I was behind them, like a kid dragging his blanket around . They were moving fast enough and I had to run at some point to catch up as well as push and shove over shoulders and crawl under people’s legs. The shoelaces of my worn out converse had untied, but I couldn't stop now to tie them; I would get lost easily. I sped up to them, tripping on my shoelace and I knocked down Bob to the pavement with me.

Bob grunted when he fell and got up, he grumbled curse words as he swiped the dust off his clothes. Transfixed at my error, Frank helped me up. I patted my hands on my pants to clean them, and apologized to Bob immediately, “I’m sorry Bob! I’m so sorry! I didn’t mean it! I swear! I just tripped!” I cling to his coat, but he pushed me off lightly, almost falling back, luckily bumping into Mikey. “Bob…I’m sorry,” I pleaded for him to accept it. He grunted and started to walk ahead of us all. I looked down at me, feeling defeated. But this feeling soon became rage. I looked at Bob ahead. Screw him!

Everyone was looking at him, his rudeness, his way of being. Ray rapidly said to me, “Excuse Bob, Jad. But it’s just that he’s had some issues he’s not quite over with.” He extended his hand for me to take. Holding his hand made me feel tiny compared to his height. His hands were warm, firm and tight feeling. He smiled; I forced a half-smile as usual, though this one was hardly visible. Walking toward the corner of the sidewalk, we made a turn and into an alley, entering another of those metal doors. There was a long narrow hallway we had to go through, while we were one-third of the distance down the corridor, away from the wooden door at the opposite end where we were, Mikey said, “Okay, guys. Ready? Because we are here.”

Franks shouted, “No!” Everyone turned to him at once. “I need to pee first !” He said, doing the potty dance. I remember that dance. The memory of it was a good one, but it was also one that was fading away.

“Go then!” Gerard shouted at him while laughing at Frank. “And you better make it quick! I got to go too!” Gerard added.

“Yeah, yeah. I’m taking my precious time!” Frank vanished in speed through the corridor, past the door, entering another across that one and slamming it. By the time we got there—a minute later Frank popped out and in went Gerard.

They did this thing called sound check. Re-did their make-up a bit darker because it had faded away a bit. Mikey was straightening his hair with this warm device he called a straightener. They hung out in the little room while outside of the stage there were people and fans and security guards taking their space. Peeking one of my eyes out the curtain, I’ve never seen much people at once in my life! Was the whole world here or what? Closing the curtain and joining the others in the shabby room out back stage, sitting on the couch with Frank, Mikey, Gerard and Ray. We didn’t fit, but who cares? There wasn’t much time for them to be there anyways, they were going to go on stage any minute now.

The stage manager had called for the huge curtains to open and in come the introduction. When My Chemical Romance was said, the screams and shouts of over-excited people rose higher than ever! The manger said they were on in five, so they got up and started to slap their hands like a soccer team I saw once at one of the school’s I used to go to would do. Walking down in a line to stage, I was wrong. The fans excitement just minutes before, that was nothing . Compared to this, they were out of their minds! Hands covered over my ears while they shouted with all their might at the band members. Then, the music started to play, and the crowd slowed down with their “I love you!” and stuff like that and began to follow Gerard singing the words to their songs from, what I had learned, Welcome To The Black Parade, Three Cheers For Sweet Revenge, and some songs from I Brought You My Bullets, You Brought Me You’re Love. They were ever so beautiful. Frank was so hyper, Mikey hardly moved because he was concentrated in playing the notes perfectly, Ray head-banged his head and never quiet looking up unless he started to sing back up with Frank, Gerard flirting with the crowd, and even though I was kind of hurt by Bob as well as mad a him, he beat his drums with a great rhythm. They were my glory.

When they’d finished their concert, they were off stage and sweating buckets while in the shabby band room. I was in the couch. Traumatized because this time I had listen to every word in those precious songs. They had taught me loads in little time. Greeting everyone with a high-five, telling them how impressed I was, I even got to my knees and started to praise, but Gerard managed me get up. He said they weren’t saints or gods; they were just their to help out the confused and lost people as well as those who’ve had messed up lives. No wonder they we’re helping me out. This made sense to me. It was amazing.
♠ ♠ ♠
Happy? Well stay for it, It gets better. ~~ :D

xoXO
Zilly
>:^D