Status: Completed

A Cashier and a Movie Star...Can They Really Fall in Love?

Chapter 20 What The Hell?

"What?" I asked softly. "You can't be serious?!"

"Listen Joanne, we all know who sent that brick... Anonymous my ass. Obviously Melissa is threatening us with this, and now this is getting out of hand. I mean... she threw dirty water on you at the premiere, who knows what could be next? It could be acid, or she could bring a gun into this! I can't have you stay here in England; it's not safe for you..."

"Tom-"

"Joanne, I love you so much. This is killing me inside to do this to you, but I would rather live knowing that you are safe than worrying that you aren't..."

Tom covered my gashes with several band aids, and looked into my eyes. "I fear that if you stay any longer, you might get hurt, and I don't want to be responsible for that... You have to understand..."

"Just go," I said, looking at the floor solemnly. Tom left me in the bathroom to go clean up the mess in his room. I sunk down to the floor and sobbed uncontrollably. Why do all good things have to end? Can't I have a bit of happiness for a while? I mean, I bust my fat ass at work, and then finally get to meet THE Tom Felton, and now my dream is ending... Why me? Why taunt me like this?!?!

I moved to get up, and felt a sharp pain in my chest. I looked down at myself, and noticed that Tom had forgotten a piece of glass that was embedded in my chest. I took it out, and looked at the clear glass. I looked at it and noticed how it dripped with my blood. I could end this nightmare... I know what to do... The vein is where you gotta cut... It would all be over soon.

But wouldn't that be playing into her hands? Isn't this what Melissa would want you to do?

I hesitated for a moment before tossing the bloody piece of glass in the garbage. What the fuck was I thinking!? I got out my phone from my pants pocket, and dialed Mary's number. It rang for a while, and then she finally picked up.

"Mary, we have a change of plans," I said, desperately trying to remain calm on the phone. "We are leaving for America as soon as you can get ready with Dan..."

"You are joking right?" asked Mary. "Seriously, you are aren't you? I mean, why would you want lo leave right now? We have like a few more days, why ruin it?"

"I don't have a choice Mary! I will explain it all soon. Just meet me at the airport ASAP!" I shouted into the phone and slammed it shut and threw it at the wall.

KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK!

"Joanne dear, are you alright? You have been in there an awful long time..." said Mrs. Felton from behind the door.

"I'm fine Mrs. Felton. I will be out in a minute. I'm not feeling well is all," I said calmly.

"As long as you are okay... I'm going to go help Tom clean up the broken glass in his room."

I cleaned my face up a bit, and fixed myself before emerging from the bathroom.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Tom helped me pack my things, and I bid farewell to his mom and Chris.

"Thanks for everything," I said as I hugged Mrs. Felton.

"I'm-gonna-miss-YOU!!!" bawled Mrs. Felton as she hugged me tightly.

"I-can-tell," I said, suffocating from all of her love. "Chris, thank you as well for your kindness..."

"Come here," said Chris as he hugged me warmly. "Take care of yourself now..."

"I will, I will miss everyone terribly!" I said as Tom and I made our way to the limo.

We drove to the airport in silence, neither of us had any idea of what to say to each other. 'We'll see each other soon?' Yeah right, like he would just be able to pop in every so often to see me with his promotions for the movie and other things going on in his life. 'We can always have a long distance relationship?' RIGHT! Like those work out! All in all, there was nothing that could be really said but, 'Sorry you have to leave...' and that wouldn't be much comfort to either of us.

We pulled up to the airport, and met Dan and Mary, who were wondering why we were departing so early. Tom helped me with my luggage, and I looked into his blue eyes.

"Well, I guess this is goodbye," he said, looking back at me with a sad look on his face. I nodded, and soon, both of our feelings betrayed us, and we began to kiss passionately in the airport. I didn't care... I know he sure as hell didn't care either. We needed this closure. I pulled away slowly, and hugged him tightly, not wanting to ever let go. I felt his face burrow into my neck, and felt hot tears... his tears, which, in turn, brought on the water works for me.

"God, look at the two of them blubbering on!" said Mary. "Like they'd never see each other again!"

I began to sob loudly into Tom's shoulder, and the two of us pulled away, shared one more kiss, and then Mary literally pulled me off of Tom, and towards the plane.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"So, what the hell happened? Was he bad in bed? Did he cheat on you? Was he abusive? I need answers!!!!!!!!" said Mary impatiently.

"He was not bad in the sack if you must know," I sighed sadly. "He would never cheat on me, and he wouldn't dare raise a hand to me... It's just..."

"WHAT?!?!" screeched Mary. "Why the hell did I have to be so rudely interrupted from having fun with Dan to fly back to America!"

"MELISSA IS THREATENING ME!" I shouted loudly. "She threw a brick against Tom's window, and threatened to do something awful to me if I didn't keep my distance. When she broke through the window with that brick, I got cut by the glass... Tom wants to protect me, so here we all are..."

Mary and Dan's jaws dropped. They were speechless for quite a while, and I sat back in my seat, and looked out my window. I wanted to cry, I needed to cry, I had to cry, but somehow I couldn't.

"Joanne, I'm sorry I acted this way," said Mary gently. "If I'd known..."

"I'm sorry it didn't work out," said Dan sadly. "But you are a pretty girl, you'll find someone else..."

"Thanks Dan, but I don't think I want anyone else. I think I'm going to fly solo for the rest of my life. By the time we get back, say goodbye to me because... I'm heading for a convent."

"WHAT?!?!?!" shrieked Mary and Dan together.