Status: Completed

A Cashier and a Movie Star...Can They Really Fall in Love?

Chapter 25 Dan Saves Mary

My cell phone went off, and I groaned, and checked to see who it was. What a surprise... it was Mary.

"Hey Joanne! Are you still a nun? Did Tom rescue you yet? Did he-"

"Yes, he's right here with me, and thanks to Dan and him, I am no longer a nun," I said. "Oh and tell your snugglebun that he better watch his step at work..."

“You won’t hurt him or I will have to personally hex you!” said Mary. “Don’t think I won’t!!!!!”

“Mary, no matter how hard you dream, no matter how hard you wish it to be true, you are NOT a witch. Hate to break it to you angel…”

“Oh shut up. So how was the makeup sex? Was it good? I mean, what the hell am I saying?!?!?! You haven’t done it for ages, of course it was good! But not as good as Dan! Mmm nothing beats a good yeah yeah yeah with Dan!”

“Missy, that’s too much info for my ears to hear,” I said as I tried to put my top back on in the car. “So why the hell did you call me? I swear, you always seem to call at the wrong moments in time…”

“Well, exCUUUUUSE me!” said Mary quite loudly in my ear. “Dan and I were just going to ask you and Tom if you wanted to chill at Vet Park, but since you are being so mean to me…”

“NO!” I screamed, making Tom jump up and bang his head on the car’s ceiling. “I’m sorry! Please, we will meet you there at… What time do you want to meet?”

“I’ll give you an hour to meet us,” said Mary. “Till then, see ya!”

Mary hung up, and I kissed Tom’s head. “I’m sorry baby… But I got good news! We are meeting Dan and Mary in the park in an hour my love. Come on babe, get dressed!”

Tom and I quickly got dressed. Let me tell you, there is nothing harder than trying to put your clothes on in his car. Actually, try doing that in any car, it isn’t fun… And after much groaning, moaning, and cursing, the two of us were decent enough for the park. Tom drove to Vet Park, and as soon as we pulled up, Mary and Dan came running towards us.

“Ah, you big stud muffin!” said Dan as he punched Tom in the arm. “Gave it to her good didn’t you?”

“Shut up Dan!” said Tom as he elbowed him in the chest.

“Oh thank God you aren’t a nun anymore!” cried Mary as she gave me a huge hug. “I was so worried I’d never see you again!”

“Mare, nuns are allowed to walk about,” I said slowly. “They aren’t like silent vampires you know. They can do normal things… except have sex. You can’t really do that when you’re a nun, but old Mr. Happy Pants over here couldn’t help himself…”

Mary snorted, and flicked her hair. “So lately Dan and I have been up to no good as usual, and Dan told me all about how much fun you and he are having at Shop Rite! Is it true you are having all that fun without me?”

“Mary, give it a rest!” I said with a small grin. “It is a bet remember? If he can’t last one month, we get to be in the next movie… If he wins, I gotta do something for him…”

“Well, it has been a week, so you got to give him kudos for that!” said Mary. I looked behind her, and my eyes widened with fear. Mary looked at me questioningly, and then Dan pushed Mary.

A car came barreling through the park like a bat out of hell, and crashed into a nearby fence where all four of us were standing. Mary lay on the grass, looking up at her savior with a small smile. She trembled, and started to cry, and Dan took her in his arms and rocked her gently. I walked over to the wrecked car, and saw to my surprise, who was inside. Her head was slumped on the steering wheel, her hair covering her face. She had a very bloody cut on her forehead, and she was unconscious. I knew at once what this was all about: Melissa had missed her intended target. Melissa has now, at last, come to America to further torment me.