Status: Completed

A Cashier and a Movie Star...Can They Really Fall in Love?

Chapter 27 Nightmares

I curled up on the bed, and fell fast asleep.

I was walking alone down a dirt path, alone and deserted. There wasn’t a soul for miles and miles. I passed a rattlesnake that hissed, and lunged for my bare ankles. I screamed, and ran away from it. But that was the least of my worries…

As I continued to walk, I could hear a faint sound of a car approaching, the horn blowing a steady stream of honks. I turned behind me, and saw a rusty red Chevy pickup truck come barreling down the dirt path. The windshield was too dirty for me to see who was driving the car from a distance, but somehow, I knew who was in the car.

I started to run, my feet hitting the dirt making a steady thud thud. I felt a scream rise in my throat, the hair on the back of my neck stood on end, and I could feel the Chevy bearing down on me, the engine growling like a tiger, bearing down upon its prey. “CAN ANYONE HELP ME?!” I screamed as I continued to run faster and faster. But I knew there was no one there, no one for miles and miles. I was done for.

I turned around to look at the driver, and lo and behold, was Melissa, but she was not alone. Sitting in the passenger seat, grinning viciously, was Alex. I hesitated for a moment, and that was all it took for them to catch up with me.

“NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” I screamed.

I woke up, covered in sweat, and breathing hard. I turned on the light in my room, and looked down at myself. The bed sheets were a mess. The comforter was on the floor, and the sheets were entangled with each other. I had been moving a lot in my sleep apparently. I sighed, relieved it was only a dream, and got out of bed.

I stretched my arms above my head, and turned over on my side. There was a chair next to my bed with a black plastic bag on it and a note stuck to the bag.

Joanne,
Please come down to the Dining Room in this. I love you.

Tom Felton

I got up, opened the bag, and out slid a beautiful red dress. I smiled to myself as I pulled off my clothes, and tried the dress on. I walked over to the mirror, and gasped at how lovely I looked in it. I fixed my hair as best I could, and walked slowly downstairs to the dining room, where I knew Tom was waiting for me.

As I entered the room, I noticed there were two silver trays that were covered on the long rectangular dining room table. Rose petals covered the table, and I sat down in one of the large, comfy chairs, waiting for Tom. I didn’t have to wait long because Tom walked in the room, wearing a brilliantly black suit with a green and silver tie. His hair was carefully combed, and not slicked back, making him look very handsome. He smiled at me, and walked over and kissed my hand. I blushed, and he took off the cover of my silver tray, and walked over to his place.

I started to laugh. Pizza? Romantic? What was he thinking? But hey, he went through all that trouble, and he is probably trying to get used to American customs, so let him eat pizza. It could have been worse; I could be eating lamb or venison. YUCK!

“You look beautiful in that dress Joanne,” commented Tom as he dabbed his face with a napkin.

“Thank you,” I said as I turned as red, if not redder as the dress. “I appreciate all that you have done for me Tom. I just wish I could do something for you…”

“There is plenty of time for that,” said Tom softly as he finished up his pizza. He walked over to my chair, and knelt beside me. “Would my lady be obliged to dance with me?”

I wiped my hands and mouth on my napkin, and slowly got up from my seat. He guided me over to a place close by the dining room where we could dance, and he put his hands on my waist. “Tom, hate to break it to you, but it’s kinda funny if you dance without any music playing…”

“I know,” said Tom as music suddenly started to play.

'The strands in your eyes that color them wonderful stop me and steal my breath.
Emeralds from mountains thrust towards the sky never revealing their depth.
Tell me that we belong together, dress it up with the trappings of love.
I'll be captivated, I'll hang from your lips instead of the gallows of heartache that hang from above.
I'll be your cryin' shoulder, I'll be love suicide
I'll be better when I'm older, I'll be the greatest fan of your life.
Rain falls angry on the tin roof as we lie awake in my bed.
You're my survival, you're my living proof my love is alive and not dead.
Tell me that we belong together dress it up in the trappings of love.
I'll be captivated, I'll hang from your lips instead of the gallows of heartache that hang from above.
I'll be your cryin' shoulder, I'll be love suicide.
I'll be better when I'm older, I'll be the greatest fan of your life.
I've dropped out, burned up, fought my way back from the dead.
Tuned in, turned on, remembered the thing you said.
I'll be your cryin' shoulder, I'll be love suicide.
I'll be better when I'm older, I'll be the greatest fan of your-
I'll be your cryin' shoulder, I'll be love suicide.
I'll be better when I'm older, I'll be the greatest fan of your life…'

Tom held me close as Edwin McCain’s lyrics played. The song touched me, and it made me cry. I tried to hide it as I buried my head into his chest. God, he smelled so good. He smelled like Axe, but not too overpowering that you wanted to pass out. It was nice, and pleasant, and being in his arms, right here, was the best feeling in the whole world.

He twirled me at the end of the song, and dipped me, and I giggled as he picked me back up and kissed me. “I love you Joanne…”

“I love you too. More than you’ll ever know…”