Status: Completed

A Cashier and a Movie Star...Can They Really Fall in Love?

Chapter 34 Wow, Dan's Being An Asshole...

I looked at the floor, debating with myself for some time. Tom would kill me if I went to go talk to Dan. Well, he’d kill me if I made it out alive. But then again, I don’t really need saving. I could probably handle Dan all by myself…

“Give me one minute alone with him, and I’ll sort it all out for you,” I said as I left the bathroom. I quickly walked over to the back door entrance where Dan was standing outside, smoking.

“What’s your problem?” I asked, poking him in the chest. My fingers felt his ice cold skin, and I recoiled. So that’s why he didn’t want to get intimate with Mary. It’d be like making love to a corpse…

“Leave me alone, wolf lover…” said Dan as he took a drag on his cigarette. “You’ve interfered enough with my and Mary’s love life.”

“You know, Mary is back in the loo, CRYING over you. Well, I don’t see why she loves you, or that she should be crying over you because you are one gigantic JERK!” I shouted at him. “I told her what you are because she NEEDS to know.”

Dan’s eyes flashed red, and he threw his cigarette to the ground, and put it out. “It would have been better she didn’t know ANYTHING, but you and your wolf had to ruin everything!”

Dan threw me against the building, and held my throat. I was gasping for air, wondering why I could ever be so stupid as to not listen to Tom. “Tell me something, wolf-lover,” spat Dan as he tightened his hold on me. “Does Mary know everything?”

My eyes betrayed my silence, and Dan’s eyes sparkled with excitement. “Ah, she doesn’t know what Tom is… Pity. You only tell half truths…”

“I’m not the one that should tell her that!” I choked. “Tom will tell her in time! He isn’t a danger to her, unlike you!”

Dan slammed me hard against the wall, and could feel something trickle down my back. His eyes turned blood red, and he threw me to the floor. I started to crawl away from him as he started to get closer and closer to me. Dan bared his teeth, and I screamed and closed my eyes, waiting for him to kill me.

I curled into a ball, sobbing when nothing happened, and slowly looked up. There was Tom, and he was looking VERY pissed. He punched Dan in the face, and Dan flew backwards, hitting the wall, and sliding down to the floor. Tom grabbed my hand, and yanked me up, and took me to his dressing room.

Once we were alone, I closed my eyes as I sat down in one of the comfy circle chairs in the room, waiting for him to tear me a new ass hole. “I told you, the only thing you have to worry about is yourself,” said Tom furiously. “I told you to be careful around Dan… that he would just as gladly drink your blood as any other person’s… But did you listen to me? NO!”

I cringed. I hated having Tom be mad at me, and worst of all, I hated how he was yelling at me like I was a child.

“Why didn’t you listen to me?” asked Tom as banged his hand down on his desk. “Did you want to test out how dangerous Dan really is now? Did you not believe me when I said he was a vampire? What was the problem?”

“Tom…” I whispered softly.

“You are so naïve,” said Tom as he threw me a rotten look. “You think that everything in this world is just human and you go day by day to your cashier job, thinking life can’t get any better or worse than what it is. Well, guess what? Life is getting a hell of a lot worse thanks to your actions!”

Tears started to fall onto my Hogwarts robes, and I took a deep, shuddering breath. “I am not a child… I am not an animal you can command to do as you wish. I am your GIRLFRIEND! And it was not like I went to Dan to see if what you were saying was true, I went to him because Mary was CRYING in the bathroom because he is being a jerk off, but I guess the jackass disease is contagious and has now spread to you…”

Tom’s hand flew up, and I winced, waiting to be hit. His hand clenched into a tight fist, and he slowly lowered it. “Be glad, for your sake I didn’t follow through,” said Tom through gritted teeth. “If I were to have hit you, you would be as toothless as my 80 year old grandmother…”

“Please, don’t be mad at me,” I said, holding my arms out to him. “I’m sorry… Please forgive me. You have to understand, my heart was in the right place!”

“But your brain wasn’t,” growled Tom angrily. “You CANNOT under ANY circumstances be near Daniel Radcliffe. Swear to me that you will not go over to him again…”

“But why? Other than the fact that he is a dangerous vampire, what are you getting so upset about?” I asked. “I mean, you saved me twice from him. What’s the big deal?”

“I never told you this, but I have been getting premonitions,” said Tom. “I see and hear bits and pieces. That’s how I rescued you from Dan. I had a premonition that you were on the ground outside the building, bleeding. And that Dan was ready to pounce on you… Speaking of bleeding, lift the back of your shirt so I can fix your cuts.”

I took off my robes, and lifted the back of my IRELAND Quidditch shirt. My hands felt something very wet, and I brought my hand to look at what it was. My hands were covered in blood, and my head started to spin. Tom doused my cuts with rubbing Alcohol, and bandaged them up quickly. I had to take off my shirt because it was soaked with blood. As soon as I saw the shirt, I became a bit woozy and faint.

“You’ll need a new shirt,” said Tom as he pulled a cute blue, slanted striped shirt for me to wear. I put it on and threw my robes over it. “Come on, we need to get back on the set. Alfonso is probably pissed that Dan, you, and I left in the middle of a take.”
Before we even got close to the stage door, Alfonso had already started to yell. “Where is everybody?”

Tom and I quickly ran onto the set, I taking my place with Evanna, he taking his place with Crabbe and Goyle. I looked about, and saw that we were now focusing in on individual shots. There was at least two cameras near each one of the fighters, including Evanna and me. I saw that Evanna was hooked up to a harness, which meant my spell was going to throw her backwards so I had to make the movements look good and powerful.

“ACTION!”

I twirled the wand in my hand, and ended with a sharp point straight at Evanna. She suddenly was pulled back, and then lay “wounded” on the floor. I ran off towards Tom, and they called cut.

“That was great, all we need to do is work on your facial expressions,” said Alfonso as he walked over to me. “The whole choreography is good, but your face goes from stone, to laughter. Your character is supposed to be evil incarnate, hence, why she is with Draco in the first place. I want you to give me loathing… I want to see burning anger. I want to see you get mad. Okay? Let’s try the same thing, but with different emotions. ACTION!”

I thought of Jackie, and imagined Evanna was her for a split second. My face contorted with rage and anger, and I twirled my wand and sharply pointed at Evanna. I kept my face straight when she flew backwards, and took off for Tom. “CUT! And that’s a wrap for you two on that scene!”

I sighed, and Evanna high-fived me. “That almost looked real for a second,” she said with a smile. “You almost looked like you WERE going to kill me. What did you think of?”

“My old friend who is the biggest bitch you will ever meet,” I said with a small smile, “I was that good?”

“Usually no one does a scene in one or two takes. It usually takes a buttload of time for any of us to get the choreography and the script, but I dunno. Maybe there is nargles in the air…” said Evanna in a dreamy Luna voice. I laughed, and walked over to Alfonso to see what I was going to do next. He handed me a script and said I had an hour to memorize it, and that I would be put in a room with all of the actors and actresses in the scene.

“Go to room 415, and rehearse with the cast members. You don’t need to change or redo your hair; it’s perfect,” said Alfonso as he started to help the crew clear off the set for the new scenery.