Status: Completed

A Cashier and a Movie Star...Can They Really Fall in Love?

Chapter 37 Mrs. Felton's Dream Comes True

I woke out of that nightmare, and found that Tom’s warm body was snuggled up next to mine. I kissed him, and got up to check the time. Nine o’clock. Time to go to the studio and record our song. “Wake up my sleeping prince,” I said messing up his already messed up hair. “We got to get ready. We got to be at the studio in an hour. Move it babe!”

Tom moved a bit faster than usual, and I wondered why. But then again, he was a wolf, so that had to attribute to him being so fast as he got ready.

When we finally got to the studio, we listened to the demo that we were going to hear in our headphones, and I automatically fell in love with the style they had put the song in. The producer showed us the setup of who was going to sing what verse and what part of the chorus. I felt that everything was more than appropriate for the movie, and soon, Tom and I got into the recording booth.

“Okay, I want to hear Tom sing his line, then you sing your part, and back and forth,” said the producer. The music came on, and Tom began to sing.

“I'm walking down the line that divides me somewhere in my mind. On the border line of the edge and where I walk alone…”
Then it was my turn to sing. “Read between the lines what's fucked up and everything's alright. Check my vital signs to know I'm still alive and I walk alone…”

“That’s good!” said the producer. “We are going to have the both of you sing the chorus at the same time to see what it sounds like. We are still debating what we want to do for the chorus, but it will all be sorted out. From the top!”

“My shadow’s the only one that walks beside me. My shallow hearts the only thing that’s beating. Sometimes I wish someone out there will find me. Till then, I walk alone…” sang Tom and I together.

“Beautiful!” said the producer. “Now, let’s get into the more complicated harmonies…”

We went out of the booth into this room with a huge piano. Tom and I crowded around it, and the producer plunked out our harmonies, and we sang them over and over again until it was perfect. By then, it was late. “We shall continue this and finish tomorrow,” said the producer as he started to wrap up. “See you tomorrow!”

The next day, we finished the song with very little mistakes. I was ecstatic that Tom and I had the whole rest of the day to ourselves, and we knew in our hearts that we rocked the song.

“Where are we going?” I asked as Tom drove me somewhere after recording. “We aren’t going home are we?”

“Shh,” said Tom. “You’ll love it. It’s a surprise…”

Tom turned into a wooded area, and put the car in park, shutting off the engine. “Close your eyes, and get on my back…”

I shot him a funny look, and he just knelt on the grass on all fours, completely naked and waiting for me to hop onto his back. “Here, put my clothes in your bag. I’m going to need them later…”

I put his clothes in my bag, and hopped onto his back. His pale skin began to change into snowy white fur as he morphed into the wolf. He took off at top speed, and I threw my arms around his neck to keep from falling off. The wind whipped through my hair as Tom ran faster and faster. Just as I was about to get sick, he stopped.

I fell off his back onto the soft ground and lay there for a while. “Can I open my eyes now?” I asked, my eyes still shut.

“Go ahead,” said Tom.

I opened my eyes, and saw beauty beyond anything I had ever seen before. I was lying in a field of beautiful flowers of a variety of different colors. I turned my head to look behind me, and there was a beautiful waterfall, hidden behind a willow tree. I slowly got up, and walked towards the waterfall, pushing the willow branches out of my way.

There were several stepping stones in the pool of water at the bottom of the waterfall that crossed over to the other side. I stripped off my clothes, and before Tom could say anything or even join me, I dove in.

The water was cool and refreshing on my skin, my long dark hair became even darker in the water. Tom got in, and looked into my eyes. “Thank you for this, it’s lovely,” I said, brushing his cheek with my hand. “I love you so much…”

“And I you,” said Tom as he kissed me intensely. His hands wrapped around my waist, pulling my body against his.

“Bet you can’t catch me!” I cried as I pulled away quickly and swam off. Tom laughed, and swam after me, splashing and smiling.

After an hour or so, we got out, and put our clothes back on. I let the sun’s rays warm up and dry my body as I lay there in the flowers. Tom got changed near the waterfall, and walked over towards me. He knelt next to me, and I smiled back at him.

“You know, Joanne,” began Tom. “That I have never met a single girl like you ever? And that I broke up with my current girlfriend to be with you? Well, I have no regrets with you, and although we may have our fights sometimes, I still love you and will always love you. So… I have this to prove it to you.”

He opened a familiar small black box, and slid the diamond onto my finger. “Joanne Mary Theresa, will you make me the luckiest, happiest man by marrying me?” asked Tom.