Someday I will Understand

hapter 101 Reminds me of you

Leaving rehab Kate felt like a weight had been lifted off her shoulders and that she was a new woman, she now knew the truths behind her downward spiral in which she was now happy to admit that she had a problem.

Frank was excited that Kate had done well in rehab for the sake of their ‘daughter’ he was feeling as though life was changing for the better and that Kate was slowly returning the feelings that he felt towards her.

Both were aware that Gerard needed to be told about the living arrangements that Kate and Frank had spoken about.

Kate was feeling like she didn’t know where her feelings were, she felt as though she was torn between two men, one thing that was itching at Kate was if she saw Gerard would all her feelings that she had for him return or would there be nothing.

Gerard who was back in jersey knew that Kate had been release from Rehab; he was excited about the prospect of seeing her but at the same time he hadn’t spoken to her since he had told her what had happened with Eliza and Gerard wasn’t sure what Kate was feeling and what she would be like when she got back to Jersey.

Kate and Frank had decided to stay in Utah for a couple of days so that Kate could relax before she was to see Gerard and his family, Kate was aware that Gerard needed to know what was going so decided to call him when she got to the hotel where Frank had booked for all of them to stay.

Arriving at the hotel, Kate was happy to sit down on the bed and take a breath she was overly excited about being herself but knew that it would be one day at a time for her to fully recover, as she saw it Cirque Lodge had guided her and it was now her turn to complete her recovery.

Pulling out her phone she dialled Gerard’s number a little nervous as she had not spoken to him in over a month and she wasn’t sure how he would be on the phone, Frank had assured Kate that Gerard was doing well, as the phone rang Kate hoped he wouldn’t answer so then she could just leave a message but she had no such luck.

“Hello” Gerard replied
“Hey it’s Kate “
“Katie OMG how are you?” Gerard gushed
“I’m good thanks…Um the reason I’m calling is to let you know I’ve been released and that um…I’ll be in Utah for a couple of days before I come back to Jersey, um…when I get back you and I need to talk “ Kate said in a strained voice
“Ok…Who are you there with?”
“Um…I’m here with Frank, did he not tell you? He came with Sadie” Kate responded
Gerard wasn’t sure what to say, he wasn’t upset if anything a little surprised as Kate wasn’t coming home straight away, Gerard had wanted to be there but he knew that as he hadn’t spoken to Kate in so long he wasn’t sure how she felt
“Ahh…nah he didn’t but I that’s fine I’m sure he went so you could see Sadie”
“Yeh that’s why” Kate replied
“Katie…what’s going on with us?” Gerard asked
“um Gerard I think it’s best if we talk when I get back ok?”
“Yeh Ok…Know I love you Katie and I’m really sorry for what I done”

Kate could hear the sincerity in Gerard’s voice and to her it sounded so sweet and made her feel like he was sorry but she was still angry and wanted him to know how she felt but as she thought it would have to wait until they were face to face

“I know your sorry…but I promise we will talk when I get back ok?”
“OK then, so how are you feeling?”
“Um…I’m doing a lot better…I feel like I know where my life is and I’ve had such a huge wake up call which I know has been the right thing for me…Well I gotta go…Sadie is crying”
“Ok I’ll see you soon then” Gerard replied as he hung up his phone.

Kate hated lying to Gerard but right now she wanted to talk to his face rather then over the phone, so the little white lie she told she knew wouldn’t hurt him.

Going out in to the lounge area Kate watched as Frank played with Sadie who now being nearly 5 months old was rolling around on the floor, Kate looked towards Frank who smiled “She’s a nut this is her new thing where she rolls on the floor and just smiles”

“I cant believe how much I really have missed...I feel like I’m a bad mother”
“Katie don’t ever think that coz your not” Frank replied

Sitting down besides Frank both watched there daughter as she rolled around, while Frank put his arm around Kate pulling her in close so he could feel her body against his, Kate didnt back away she liked being close to someone and as far as she was concerned she wasnt doing anything wrong.

Turning his head Frank leaned in and kissed Kate on the lips at first softly but as they both began the passion intensified and Frank wanted to rip her clothes off. Kate pulled away “What’s wrong?” Frank asked

“I cant Frank not right now...I need to talk to Gerard”
“Do you still have feelings for him?”
“I don’t know...I really don’t know...Right now between you and Gee it’s so confusing...I just need time

Frank nodded his head while Kate went and picked up Sadie who was gurgling and trying to pull Kate’s long blonde hair.

Back in Jersey Gerard was waiting in anticipation to see Kate he was praying they would be able to work things out as he loved her more then life it’s self.