Someday I will Understand

Chapter 102 Gimme Gimme more

The days passed quickly and before Kate knew it she was back in Jersey back at Frank’s house getting ready to be dropped off at Gerard’s parents house as that was where Gerard had been staying since Kate was in rehab, he felt that going to there place in New York would at that time bring back bad memories if he was to go back there he wanted to go there with Kate.

Pulling up outside Frank parked the car “Do you want me to come with you?” he asked
“No I have to do this myself...I don’t know how long I’m gonna be I’ll call you when I’m ready” Kate replied
“Ok...I’ll see you later”

Kate turned around and looked at her daughter who was sitting in her car seat playing with her rattle, blowing her daughter a kiss Kate got out of the car and walked to the Way’s front door where she knocked on the door, she realised that Gerard would be waiting for her along with his family, she intended to speak to them first and then speak to Gerard privately so they could talk about there relationship and acknowledge their problems.

Hearing the knock on the door, Gerard bolted to the door knowing that it was Kate, opening the door he stared at her in amazement wearing jeans and a olive coloured singlet looking more beautiful then ever with her long blond hair flowing freely.

“Hey” Gerard exclaimed
“Hey” Kate whispered as Gerard gave her a hug

Following Gerard inside Donna ran up to Kate and gave her hugs and kisses “Oh Kate I’m glad your ok...we have been worried about you”
“Aww thanks Donna but I’m ok now I promise “Kate replied in a sweet voice

Kate spoke with Donna and Don for about half an hour while Gerard sat back and watched he could see that Kate was definitely herself from back when he first met her the person that was so bubbly and confidant when they spoke, not the open that always doubted herself.

Kate looked toward Gerard, Kate knew she had to speak to Gerard and she wanted to do it now rather then later.

Gerard looked over and realised from Kate’s facial expression that it was time so he interrupted what his parents were talking about “Katie, let’s go to my room”

Kate got up from where she was sitting and excused herself, Gerard’s parents realised that Kate and Gerard were going to talk about their relationship, both knew about what had happened with Eliza and were not impressed they only hoped Kate would find it in her heart to forgive their son.

They truly cherished Kate and loved her as their own daughter but whether she would continue to be a part of there family was a different story as both weren’t sure how Kate’s feelings towards Gerard.

Following Gerard in to his room Kate walked in placing herself on the bed, she honestly didnt know where to start and she hoped that Gerard would open the conversation

Gerard stood there fumbling with his hand s not knowing what to say “Um...so ....um yeh”
Kate couldn’t help but laugh it was like she was on a first date with Gerard not that they had ever had a first date.

“What are you laughing at?”
“You...I thought this was gonna be hard for us to talk but you don’t know what to say coz your not the only one”
“oh...”
“Gee I love you I know that for a fact but what you done was incredibly wrong and I swear I’d love to kick some ass and if it was yours well then so be it...but at the same time I’m grateful not for what you done with that stupid bitch but for putting me in rehab for intervening I guess it showed me how much you really care and that you always believe in me...Right now I’m not angry and to be quite honest I was coming here to break it off with you, I felt like we couldn’t salvage this relationship that there was nothing left...but then I see you now I and think how much shit I have put you through and yet you stick around but then you do it and I just wanna run and I know that I cant run”

“Katie I’m so sorry for what I done to you I mean it with all my heart....I was careless I know there is nothing I can say coz it’s like excuses I want us to be together for ever”

“Right now I will admit I am confused...what you don’t know is, is that I’m staying with Frank coz of Sadie and well my when I’m around Frank I think shit we could really be a family...There are feelings there coz the last month Frank was there every weekend with Sadie and he was there..I wanted you to be there to help me like you always have...but I couldn’t coz you hurt me Gerard..I don’t want to run but at the same time I feel like maybe there isn’t anything left, maybe our love for one another just isn’t a strong enough”

Gerard was scared at what he was hearing out of Kate’s mouth he couldn’t believe that she was having feelings for Frank, he was meant to be a brother not try and steal his girl away - Gerard just wanted to yell but he knew if he did that it would start Kate off and that he could truly loose her forever, he wanted to fight for this relationship to have the woman he loved bedside him to make her his wife.

“Kate I don’t know what to say...I thought you and frank were just friends...Are you starting a relationship with him?”
“We are friends but we are more...seeing we have a daughter together..I don’t know...I don’t think so”
“Kate how can you not know...you’re the one that came here...I thought you would want to salvage our relationship?” Gerard asked raising his voice
“Don’t get angry at me Gee...please I guess I really don’t know what I want”
“Kate I want you to want me...I want us to be together, I want us to be married to start a family and have a life together...I love you more then life it’s self, I cant loose you”

Kate was touched by Gerard’s words she did love him with all her heart but at the same time there was a thought nagging her and that was Frank, he had been there for her while she was in rehab visiting every weekend, they had shared a lot, Kate had opened to him and told him everything from how she felt to where she wanted her life to go.

Time was flying they had already been in Gerard’s room for over an hour and Mikey had now arrived with Alicia to see Kate, both continued to talk to Donna and Don while Kate and Gerard continued to work out there problems.

“Kate why don’t we take a breather and get a coffee and talk more?” Gerard asked
“Yeh that sounds good...cause I’m leaving until we have everything sorted” Kate replied
“I don’t want you to leave at all”
“Well lets get our coffees and go from there” Kate said with a smile

Walking out of Gerard’s room, both were quiet. Kate was shocked to see Mikey who was like her best friend but when she did she ran up to him and jumped in his arms.
“Katie bear you’re here, this fucking rocks!” Mikey said laughing
“ Hey Mikey bear...miss me” Kate said pouting
“Of course I did..who couldn’t...Where’s my fav niece?”
“She’s with her daddy while Gee and I catch up” Kate replied
“I’m gonna break this up I wanna hug too” Alicia squealed

Both girls hugged each other and started squealing and laughing together.
After a few short moments Gerard and Kate left to go and get some coffee, arriving at starbucks they ordered there coffee and decided to go for a drive to try and talk that way from the prying eye.

(A/N - I added a heap more photo’s on Kate’s myspace @ www.myspace.com/somedayiwillunderstand , take a look
hope your enjoying the story, comment and let me know. Comments = Love and gratitude LOL)