Someday I will Understand

Chapter 140 How the Hell

****This is dedicated to xemogirl as I know she loves this story and I think it’s so sweet, so this chappies for you, hope you like :-)****

Heading inside with Gerard trotting behind her she could see that Frank was fast asleep in bed, right now she didnt want to wake him. Looking at Gerard she spoke “I cant do this not today please...he’s sleeping.”

“Katie...It has to be done, I know your hurting but it’s gonna hurt more if you prolong it” Gerard replied with a reassuring attitude.

Kate looked towards Frank once again and slowly walked over where she rubbed him on the back and whispered in to his ear “Frankie wake up please.”

She could slowly see there was movement, and eventually she had two brown eyes staring at her groggily “Babe what time is it?” Frank asked still half asleep.

“It’s late” Kate whispered.

“Did you just get in?” Frank asked as he started to sit up in bed where he could see Gerard staring at him. “Gee what you doing here?”

“Kate and I need to talk to you” Gerard replied.

Frank looked over at them with suspicious eyes, glancing at Kate and then moving his head to look at Gerard.
“What’s going on?”

“There’s a lot Frankie...Like Gee said we do need to talk and what we are gonna tell you is something you need to hear and your not going to like” Kate said still speaking quietly.

“Don’t fucking tell me your leaving me for Gerard, You have got to be joking” Frank yelled as he put his hands up in the air with frustration.

“No Frankie it’s not that” Kate said.

“Well then what’s going on?” Frank asked once again.

“It’s to do with Sadie” Gerard replied

“What? What’s wrong is my little girl ok?”

“Ok Frank what I’m gonna say is the truth, please just listen before you say anything” Gerard said.

Frank nodded and waited for Gerard to start talking again, he had no idea what Kate and Gee were on about but he was ready and he wanted to know what they were on about.

Gerard took a deep breath and started to talk “Well Kate and I saw Keisha tonight, an old friend of Kate’s who’s boyfriend is a police dude or something, so anyway they told us that Sadie isn’t yours she’s mine, they have the documentation and all. I’m sorry to tell you this but it’s the truth” Gerard looked at Frank who had started to crack up laughing.

“What the Fuck, Gee man what joke you trying to pull here?” Frank asked still laughing.

“Frankie it’s the truth, That I promise you” Kate said as she walked over to Frank and looked at him directly in the eye’s to tell him she wasnt lying.

Instantly the laughing stopped and Frank got out of bed revealing him in nothing but a pair of boxers. “You have got to be fucking kidding me right?” Frank asked as his voice trembled.

“I’m sorry Frank” Kate said as she tried to embrace Frank, who took her in his arms.

“How can this be...She’s mine..We were told...They rang, I don’t understand”

“It was Eliza, she started this whole shit”
“No way she wouldn’t do that why would she do that for?” Frank asked.

“She hates me Frankie and wanted to destroy me and Gerard and you got pulled in to this as well, I’m so sorry”

“Katie she’s my baby, My daughter...I cant believe it”Frank said as the tears fell from his face.

Gerard watched on as his best friend started to crumble receiving the same news Gerard had received that time not so long ago when this had all started. He knew what his best friend was going through and right now he felt for him.

Wishing that this had never happened he hated seeing people he cared about in pain.

Frank clung to Kate as he succumbed to his knees, tears freely flowing from his face. Kate looked towards Gerard and mouthed for him to leave right now she knew she had to be strong and be there for Frank, to be the fiancee that she should be.

Gerard instantly left understanding what Frank was going through and he knew that he needed to be with Kate, going back to his own room it was slowly hitting him that he was indeed Sadie’s father he had himself seen the paper work it was real it wasnt a joke. With that he smiled.

Frank didnt leave the spot he was with Kate holding him for the rest of the night, both cried together trying to work out how and with Kate fully explaining how she found out. Frank was beside himself that the little girl he had raised till now was not his daughter. It was breaking his heart and what was worst he felt that Kate was going to leave him.

“Frankie I’m not going anywhere, I’m here with you...I’m to be your wife and that I promise you”

Clinging together both continued to stay like that till the sun had come up.

(Hope you like please comment)