Someday I will Understand

Chapter 146 It hurts

Back at Frank and Kate's house, both were sitting on the floor talking. Frank had fully calmed down and was apologetic towards Kate, he felt torn and so guilty on the way he had been treating her and how she deserved none of it.

Deep down he realized it wasn't Kate's fault if there was anyone to blame it was Eliza, She was the one who had destroyed his happiness. What he couldn't understand was why.
How she'd been so callous and set out to destroy people's lives.

Kate got up from where she was sitting and studied her face in the mirror, touching her cheek it felt so tender, In which she was sure that a bruise would appear. Frank moved from where he was and wrapped his arms around Kate's waist and pecked her softly on her cheek.

Kate smiled, hoping this would be a turning point for Frank and that he would stop his outrageous antics. Turning around she placed her arms around him and looked him in they eyes.

"Frankie we have to stop this."

"Yeh I know...I'm sorry baby that I hurt you" Frank whispered.

Pulling Kate in tight he embraced her, while kissing her softly on the lips. As they both lingered, both could hear the doorbell go.

Letting go Kate decided to go an answer the door, opening the door she saw Gerard standing there.

"Gerard what are you doing here?" She asked.

"Mikey told me," Gerard stammered to reply.

Kate looked at him shocked, she'd made Mikey promise not to tell Gerard, as she hadn't wanted any trouble to occur between Gerard and Frank.

"Oh" Kate whispered as she closed the door behind her so Frank couldn't hear anything.

"Why didn't you tell me?"

"How could I?' Kate asked.

"I wanna be there for you, more then anything" Gerard replied.

"So your not angry?"' Kate whispered looking on.

"Why would I be angry for, I care about you and I just wanna support you."

Kate was getting confused, as she started to think about it she had no idea what Gerard was on about or for some strange reason he was mellow about the situation.
"Gerard...um I don’t know what to say?"

"Don’t say anything, just know that I’m here for you" Gerard replied with a smile.

Frank was still upstairs and was wondering why Kate was taking so long and wanted to see what was going on, Walking down stairs he looked around to see if she was in the house, in which he could not see. Opening the front door he saw Gerard and Kate embraced in a tight hug, jealously ran through his body.

Seeing them together was getting him agitated and his once calm mood was turning to anger yet again.
Gerard looked up and saw Frank, automatically he let go of Kate who suddenly turned around to see Frank staring at her as well.

“Frank” Gerard replied.

Frank nodded and looked towards Kate who could sense that he was getting angry. “Gee I gotta go, think it’s time for
dinner” Kate replied as she started to walk away, Frank walked back inside and closed the door, as Gerard turned away he looked towards Kate.

“Have you taken the test yet?”

Kate looked at him dumbfounded “What test?” She asked.

“The pregnancy test?” Gerard replied.

“Gerard I don’t know what your on about, I’m not pregnant.”

“Huh, but that’s what Mikey told me after I kept nagging him.”

“Well...Gee I’m sorry but that’s not true, not stop worrying about me I’ll be fine” Kate said with a smile.

Gerard walked back up to her and looked her in the eyes where he planted a soft kiss on her tender lips and brushed her cheek with his hand. What Kate didnt know was that Frank had seen everything and he was well and truly angry.

Eventually and quietly Kate walked back in hoping that Frank had once again calmed down. Before she could say anything she was shoved to the ground from the force of Frank who started to yell at her.

“Don’t fucking say you wanna be with me, when your kissing him.”

Kate looked up dazed. “You’re a slut Kate, I thought you wanted me, but you wanna go behind my back” Frank replied as he raised his hand and slapped Kate hardly across her face where biting her lip she could feel drops of blood drip from her mouth.

Before Kate had a chance to say anything Frank had hit her again making her slide across the floor. “I hate you Kate, your meant to be mine, we are meant to get married and you treat me like this” Frank snarled.

Tears were falling from her face as she tried to shield herself from Frank’s wrath. “I’m sorry” She whispered.

“It’s not good enough, your gonna pay” Frank screamed as he tugged at Kate’s body and dragged across the floor where he once again hit her in the face. Not content with that he clenched his fist hard and punched her with the anger that was with in him, which in the end knocked her out cold as blood dripped from a cut on her face where Frank had punched her.