Someday I will Understand

Chapter 35 Breaking hearts

Mikey ran to Frank’s room and knocked on the door for him to be let in, after the door was answered, Mikey walked in and saw Ray, Bob and Keisha, he stared at her with disappointment.

MIkey couldn’t hold it in any longer “What is she doing here, hasn’t she caused enough damage?
“Mikey don’t start please” Ray said trying to keep everyone civil
“What’s going on Mikey” Frank said Changing the subject
“Kate is awake”
“That’s fucking awesome”Bob said with a smile on his face which was rarely seen as he always seemed so serious
“Gee is gonna call soon and let us know what is going on ok”

Back at the hospital Gerard and Kate’s family had arrived, They had spoken to Kate’s doctor who informed them that Kate was coherent and had been told what was going on. Everyone decided that Gerard would see her first which he really appreciated. Walking in to her room he noticed how peaceful she looked sleeping, he had decided to put last nights actions to the back of his mind his main priority was to Kate and making sure she got better.

He loved her more then anything and he wanted her to get healthy again and he wasn’t going to let anything jeopardise that, sitting besides her bed he placed her hand in his. Kate started to stir she new someone was there but at the same time she was too scared to open her eyes.
Slowly opening her eyes she saw Gerard softly smiling at her, she looked towards him with pain in her eyes, she wanted to speak but nothing would come out
“It’s ok baby don’t talk, I’m here and I’m not going anywhere”
Kate looked at him and smiled.
Gerard bent down and kissed her dry lips “I love you so much baby, I’m glad your ok”
Tears started to well up in Kate’s eyes as they rolled down her face
“Aww baby don’t cry” Gerard said as he started to wipe the tears away from her face.
Everything was coming back to Kate, there were images and thought’s of why she was here, how she wanted to end her life- she started to think how can I be so stupid, what have I done.

Gerard stayed with Kate talking to her , her family came in and when she saw her father she started to cry again, she longed to stop feeling the pain that was going through her body.
Kate’s family told her they would be back the next day to see her, Gerard decided to stay, he didnt want to leave her side.

Kate had tried to rest through the day but she couldn’t, she wanted to talk to tell Gerard everything and apologise for the turmoil she was putting through him, so she tried.

“Gerard..” Kate said with a whisper
Gerard looked at her “What baby, don’t talk just get rest”
“I need to” she knew it hurt but she struggled on trying to get out what she wanted to say. “I’m sorry for what I have done”
“Baby don’t be sorry, don’t worry about it” Gerard said trying to be reassuring
“I didnt mean to hurt you, I’m sorry for the way I have acted, please forgive me”
“Baby of course I forgive you how couldn’t I, you were just having a difficult time, I know that”
“There’s more, I thought I didnt love you anymore and when I woke up you weren’t here I wanted you so badly to come and rescue me, Before this my head was everywhere I felt as though I couldn’t cope and I kissed Frank”

Gerard couldn’t believe what he was hearing out of Kate’s mouth, he didnt want to hear anymore - his friend had kissed his girlfriend and he was pissed.
Kate still struggling to speak and now crying continued on “We didnt go any further, I promise. It was a mistake please don’t be angry at me, I do love you with all my heart and I don’t want to loose you”

Gerard knew he couldn’t be angry it was only a kiss, nothing else had happened and compared to what he done with Keisha this was nothing and if he was going to tell Kate what had happened he would want her to forgive him.

“Baby it’s ok, I forgive you I’m glad your honest - know I’ll love you always no matter what”
“I love you too always” Kate said as Gerard leaned down and kissed her.

Back at the hotel room Keisha was going out of her mind, she couldn’t believe what she had done and the guilt that she had, she knew that she didnt deserve Kate’s friendship and she knew she had to tell Kate even if it hurt her, she couldn’t hold on to the guilt, so she left and drove to the hospital.

Arriving there Kate was awake just looking at her surroundings, where there were get well cards, balloons and heaps of flowers, Keisha walked in and Kate smiled seeing her best friend

“Hi sweetie your awake, I’m sorry I didnt come earlier”
Kate looked towards her and smiled “That’s ok”
Keisha knew she had to tell her but how was a different story, maybe she should wait but she couldn’t the guilt was too much and maybe she was thinking of herself but she needed to get it off her chest.

“Kate I need you just to listen to me and please don’t say anything till I’ve finished”
Kate just nodded “Ok... well last night I slept with Gerard”
Kate looked at her trying to under stand the words that were coming out of her best friends mouth.
“I know this is the last thing you want to hear, but Gerard and I had sex last night....”
Before Keisha could finish Kate started to scream “YOU FUCKING SLUT, YOU FUCKED MY BOYFRIEND, GET THE FUCK OUT!”
“Kate please let me finish”
“Get the fuck out, I’ve heard all I need to hear, get the fuck out, stay away from me never ever come back”
“Please Kate let me finish, I’m so sorry”
“Fuck you Keisha, I hope you fucking rot in hell, get the fuck out of here”

The nurses could hear the commotion and ran to Kate’s room
“Is everything ok in here”
“No please get her out of here” Kate said trying to talk, her throat still very sore
Keisha who was now crying spoke “It’s ok I’m going” and walked out of the room

Kate couldn’t believe what she had heard, and her best friend and her boyfriend what they had done made her sick to her stomach.