Someday I will Understand

Chapter 41 Love is too STRONG

Walking up the red carpet Kate was having her photo’s taken when she thought she saw Gerard, she knew it must have been her imagination so she continued in to the building where now she noticed the stage was set up with the black parade background, she new the theme of the party was like horror but other then that she had no idea she looked towards her sister “Did you know about this?”
“Yeh I knew about it, please don’t be mad you know you love him, so for god’s sake get over your bloody issues already”
Kate knew she had to but she didnt know how “How could you do this Em, I just don’t think I’m ready, look what I done last night with Frank”
“Forget Frank it was a one nighter thingy, you know you love Gerard, go and see him and get your man back”

Kate somehow got some courage and decided to walk to where the back of the stage was and see if she could see the guys. Not able to get anyone’s attention she rang Frank’s cell hoping he would answer

“Hey Katie”
“Guess what.... I’m here too, come to the back and you can see me”
“No way!”
“Yeh way”

Frank walked out to the back and saw Kate and thought she looked irresistible, he could jump her bones right now.
He pulled her into his arms and kissed her on the lips not caring if anyone was around.
“What are you doing here” he said excited
“This is the party I had to go to”
“So have you just come to see me”
“Um actually I wanted to see Gerard”
Looking a little hurt he spoke “What bout us?”
“Frankie you know there can never be us, it wouldn’t be fair to Gee and you have Jamia anyway, I know you love her and she loves you, I think its best if we keep what we done to ourselves, don’t get me wrong I had so much fun, but it cant happen again I’m sorry”
“Yeh I can agree with that, so I’m guessing you want me to take you to see Gee?”
“Yeh if you wouldn’t mind

Following Frank he took her in to a private room where she saw Gerard relaxing on a sofa, he looked up and saw her he couldn’t believe his eye’s the other guys just stared in shock.

“Kate?” Gerard said smiling
“Hi”Kate said speaking nervously
“Wow” was all Gerard was able to get out of his mouth he couldn’t believe that Kate was standing in front of him and she looked so pretty.
“Um I was wondering if we could catch up after your show”
Gerard was speechless he couldn’t believe that Kate wanted to see him
“Yeh I’d like that”
“Great well I’ll come back after your show then”
Kate then walked out of the room and could hear everyone talking once she had left the room.
Kate knew she was doing the right thing, she loved Gerard and knew she wanted him back she only hoped that he would want her back.
Heading back to Emma who was getting tired from standing on her feet decided that she wanted to go and that she would meet Kate at the hotel after. Emma left and Kate continued to mingle with people she didnt know.

After MCR had performed Kate headed towards the backstage area, once she got towards the door she stood for a moment becoming very nervous wondering if she had made the right decision before she had a chance to change her mind the door was opened, she walked in and smiled towards everyone not knowing what to say, some how becoming shy, Gerard spoke “Did you want to go somewhere private?”
“Yeh sure, we could go back to my hotel, I’m staying at the Ritz-Carlton”
“Ok I’ll be there in about an hour”
“Would you like me to wait?”
“Yeh sounds good”

Kate still felt awkward like everyone was staring at her only they weren’t they were excited that maybe just maybe Kate and Gerard would be getting back together.

Sitting down she watched the guys do her own thing and get ready to leave. Gerard was ready “how did you want to get there?”
“I’ll get Mojo to take us”
“Who’s that?”
“My bodyguard”
“Oh...ok”

They left out a back entrance where Mojo was waiting for them and took them back to the hotel.
The drive there was quiet Kate and Gerard didnt know what to say to each other, upon there arrival Kate texted her sister and let her know what was happening.

Once in Kate’s room Gerard started to feel awkward thinking that maybe he shouldn’t be there, Kate made them a coffee and sat down besides him looking into his eyes seeing if she could sense anything coming from him.

“So um how have you been?” Gerard asked awkwardly
“I’m doing really well and you?”
“Yeh I’ve been good”
“That’s great”
“So um... Kate what did you want to talk about?”
“I.. Wow I shit I don’t know how to put it, I... um wanted to know if we could give it another go?” Kate said turning her head away
“I thought you didnt want anything to do with me?”
“I realised I love you and I don’t want to be out of your life I want to be in it, I was stupid, I overreacted too much - I should have been able to judge correctly instead I got real angry. I love you Gee and I have really missed you” Kate said with tears falling down her face

Gerard with his hand placed his hand on her cheek so he could see her face again “I love you too always”
“Really” Kate said among sniffles
“Yeh baby I have missed you so much”
“Me too”

Both knew they had said all they needed to say Gerard knew that Kate had forgiven him and that what had happened he knew she didnt think it was his fault.

Pulling her closer he kissed her softly on the lips, he had missed her so much that he placed his arms around her and held her tight, never ever wanting to let go.