Someday I will Understand

Chapter 42 Back to Basic's

Having Gerard hold her tight, Kate felt so secure there was no other place she wanted to be.
Though in the back of her mind she could feel a cloud of guilt lingering over her as much as she wanted Gerard and to be with him, What she had done with Frank wasnt leaving her mind she wanted to tell him to be truthful, she just couldn’t bring herself to do it.

Gerard on the other hand was ecstatic that the girl he loved wanted to be with him, he wanted her more then anything but also knew he couldn’t rush into it.
Kate moved her head so she could look Gerard in the face, he smiled when he saw her piercing blue eyes look at blue as the ocean he thought.
“I love you” she said with a smile
“I love you too”
“I’m so sorry I was a fool, I thought I was better off without you and I didnt believe you, I was just hurting and when Keisha told me what she had done I was so angry”
“Katie its in the past I want us to be able to move on from this, Know that I never meant to hurt you, I wouldn’t do that. You’re the only one I want to be with no one else”
“I know that and that’s what makes me feel so stupid that I couldn’t see it when I needed to and I don’t want to make that mistake again” Kate said with a tear rolling down her face
“Shh... I have you now and that’s all that matters”

Kate and Gerard continued to talk about their relationship and that both really wanted to give it another go, they both knew it was the right thing to do as in the end they both felt it should have never ended.

What Kate wasnt prepared for was what would happen in the coming weeks.

Waking up the next morning Kate awoke to two eyes staring at her
“Good morning Beautiful”
“Huh..”Kate mumbled still half asleep “What time is it”
“It’s just after 8 in the morning”
Kate jumped out of bed “Shit Shit Shit” Kate started to yell
“Baby what’s wrong?”
“I’ve over slept, I had to be up at 7, I gotta get to the airport”
“Oh really now”Gerard said with a laugh
Kate stopped what she was doing and looked at him “Why are you laughing for, this isn’t funny, I could miss my flight and I cant cause when I get back I am booked with interviews”
“Katie stop stressing”
“This is when I need to, and Bridget I could kill her she was meant to get me and my sister she isn’t even here, ARGH!!!”
Gerard got out of the bed and grabbed Kate by the waist “Babe I spoke to your sister about an hour ago and your flight has been cancelled”
“Are you joking with me?”
“NO serious” Gerard said trying to keep a straight face cause watching Kate get stressed was funny.
“Gee don’t joke with me please not today!”
“I’m serious babe Emma called after 7 and said that she had spoken to this Bridget chick cause she wanted the flight cancelled so you and I can spend some time together and make some decisions and shit”
“Wow Em’s really done that for me”
“Yeh she did that for you, now sugar get into bed we have some catching up to do”
Kate ran to the bed and jumped on it and nearly bounced off it again, Gerard cracked up laughing, he was starting to remember that this was the Kate he knew when they first met, so beautiful and intelligent with that little bit of craziness.

Spending half of the day just laying in bed Kate was in heaven she couldn’t think of anything better then letting Gerard hold her in his arms it had been so long to her and to have security around her she was at peace.

Towards the late afternoon, Kate and Gerard decided to go for a walk and seeing central park was basically just across the road they decided to go there, though incognito so no one would recognise them. Where they could just be a couple enjoying each others company

Unfortunately Kate was only able to hide away from the paparazzi for a short time, which made there walk in the chilly air brief, photo’s were being taken one after another, and yelling for Kate to pose with her male friend, Gerard wanting to protect her took his jacket off and placed it on top of her as they both ran back to the Ritz-Carlton Lobby.

Kate knew that these photo’s would be on the internet straight away and then in magazines with people commenting on her and who was the mystery fellow with her, she was hoping they didnt know it was Gerard as then she was sure he would be hounded to and that was the last thing she wanted

“See Gee what happen’s when you go out with me, that to me is a normal day, but thank you for being my knight in shining armour trying to protect me” Kate said and gave Gerard a kiss on the lips.
“Anytime my fair princess” Gerard said with a laugh

Going back up to her room Kate found Bridget and Emma there getting everything packed and ready to shortly leave for the flight back to LA
“Oh hi guys” Kate said as Gerard and her entered
“OH My GOD Kate, I’m so glad you’re here the phones have been going nut’s”Bridget said all at once
Kate started to laugh then looking at Gerard “Oh Baby this is Bridget, she’s my new PA, and still learning the ropes, but she rocks”
Gerard put his hand out to shake Bridget’s and she started laughing in his face “Um can I ask what is so funny?”
No words would come out of her mouth so Kate spoke “Baby, Bridget here is a big fan of My Chem, that’s why I hired her I made sure when I had interviews they liked your music and knew song titles off your albums and Bridget got all the answers right so I hired her on the spot”
Bridget was still looking at Gerard unable to speak nor move
“Hey Bridge SNAP out of it”
Bridget turned her head and got back to what she was doing “S-s-sorry Kate, I just got a little carried away”
“Girl it’s ok, trust me you will see more of Gerard, but at the moment what were you on about phone calls”
“Um... Oh yeh I had these magazines ringing asking if they could score a private interview with you about how your life is at the moment”Before Bridget could finish Emma spoke “and I told them to get stuffed, when your ready to talk you will call them and they shouldnt be a bunch of snoops” Emma said very proud of herself she hated when people wanted to pry into her sisters life

“Aww thanks Em’s” Kate said giving her sister a hug

Once everything was packed and everyone was ready to go, Gerard and Kate said a teary goodbye “I don’t want you to go”
“I don’t want to go but I have to, I promise as soon as I land I’ll call”
“I know baby but I want you with me, I just got you back and now your leaving”
“I know I would love to stay but I cant”
“Why cant I just kidnap you and we disappear all together”
“Baby I really gotta go or I’ll be late for my flight, once I get to LA I’ll call and then we can work out what will happen next I promise, I love you always” Kate said and gave Gerard a hug
“I love you always”

Kate left and headed to the airport she was already missing Gerard and wished that the car could just turn around so she could go running back into his arms, once getting to JFK airport everyone checked in besides Kate who would be in New York till tomorrow for her flight back to Australia, Kate hugged her sister goodbye and said she would call when she got back to LA, for once Kate was going to be by herself and she was ok with that knowing she would actually be ok.

Heading back to New Jersey Gerard was sad that he had to say goodbye and he really wanted to see Kate already, he knew things were going to be different and he wouldn’t be able to see everyday with that, he was just looking forward to hearing her voice again.