Someday I will Understand

Chapter 45 All my love

Arriving at LAX the next morning Kate had told her people that she was taking a personal break and would be a away for a long time, all the interviews that had been booked had now been placed on hold, Kate in her eyes thought that she would put her career on hold but not her album, this time away would giver her the chance to write her own material and also get advice from some great musicians while Kate was on tour with Gerard, rather then see this as a downer she seeing this as an opportunity to succeed .

Getting into Newark airport Kate drove straight to Gerard’s house she had texted him as she had never been to his house in New Jersey so this would be the first time that she would see it and she was getting rather nervous.

Pulling up in front of his house she noticed that it too was a normal house not one with a white picket fence it was just ordinary, Kate got out of the rental car and knocked on the door, it was answered by a woman she had blonde hair brown eyes and black finger nails.

She reminded Kate of Mikey and how similar this person looked to him, she knew straight away that this was Gerard’s mother as she had seen a picture in which Gerard had shown.

“Hi I’m Kate” Kate said with a warm smile
“Hello I’m Donna Gerard’s mother, please come in”
Kate followed Donna in to the house where they walked down a short corridor where they walked in to a lounge room filled of photo’s of Mikey and Gerard when they were younger and of the present day.
“Its nice to finally meet you my dear, I have heard so much about you” Donna said pouring a couple of cups of coffee
“It’s nice to meet you as well and thank you for going to allow me to stay here tonight”
“Your welcome Gerard shouldn't be to much longer I believe he is still in the shower”

Kate sat down at the kitchen table and started to drink her coffee which Donna had poured earlier, they both started to talk and got to know each other a little better, Kate found it very easy to talk to Donna and Donna was also thinking that she definitely liked this girl she was different from the other girls that Gerard had bought home not that it had been many but she certainly liked her.

“So Gerard has told me your only 23 and yet you have done so much with your life”
“Yes Mam, I know I am quite young in some people’s eyes but at the same time I feel privileged to be where I am in life and I feel that at the same time it has also helped me grow as a person”
“That’s wonderful my dear”

Gerard could hear his mum talking to and instantly new that Kate was there. Walking down the stairs he greeted the 2 main and very special women in his life walking over to Kate he kissed her on the lips, He still couldn’t believe Kate was going on tour with him again he was beyond excited and hoping this time around for her she would be able to have more fun.

He had noticed that she was getting to be the same Kate he first met and she wasnt allowing her problems to interfere with her life she was taking it all in her stride and trying to move on and he knew that no acting skills would be able to cover that up, what he was seeing was the real Kate.

Gerard sat down besides Kate and put his arm around her just happy that she was here “So when are there going to be some wedding bells” Donna said with a big smile on her face
“Muummm” Gerard said going all red in the face, Kate started to laugh she liked it how open Donna was and she now knew where Gerard got it from “Um... not for a little while yet” Kate said politely

Gerard got up from where he was sitting and grabbed Kate’s hand “Mum I’m going to give Kate a tour of the house and we will be in my room”
“Alright then, dinner is at 6 if your home, I’m not waiting”
“We will be here”
“Great cause Mikey and Alicia are coming over as well”

Kate and Gerard left the kitchen and headed up the stairs to Gerard’s room “Well this is my room” Gerard said with a laugh “So is this the only tour of the house I’m getting?” “Don’t you think that’s sufficient?”
“Yeh I guess it’s alright” Kate said with a smile

Kate walked in to his room and she noticed there were drawings over the wall in which she assumed Gerard had drawn himself, there was one particular one she was looking at it was of a girl sitting under a tree, it wasnt yet completed and only in black and white but the picture so far looked really sad but yet peaceful, Kate turned around to face Gerard who had placed his hands around her waist and started to kiss her.

“What are you doing?”
“Kissing you it’s been ages”
“Babe we cant your mother is down stairs”
“It’s all good she don’t care”
“But I do, it would be disrespect able”
“Don’t you wanna be with me?”
“Of course I do, but not here”
“Do you think the tour bus will be any better?”
“Maybe not, but I will just feel bad”
“Ok” Gerard said sounding a little disappointed
“I promise I’ll make it up to you” Kate said and kissed Gerard with a soft kiss.

Kate and Gerard sat on his bed where he couldn’t keep his hands off her, he had already wanted her badly and now that she was right in front of him it was even worse, Kate kept shoving his hands away but it was becoming a losing battle, she wanted him because she loved him but at the same time she had the thought of Frank in her head and what they had done and she started to think maybe I wont tell him and then no one will get hurt, she didnt want to start that cycle again and going in a downwards spiral, she wanted to be positive so she decided to put it to the back of her mind and let Gerard have his way with her, in which he did.

He felt wonderful that he was able to be close with the woman that he loved so much and this time around with there love making it felt so much better not that he ever thought it wasnt any good but this time was different, maybe because he hadn’t been with anyone since there time apart but to him it felt to good and he knew that he was falling deeper in love with her.

Kate also felt great it was like Gerard was a new man, the sensation that he had caused for her made her blissfully happy and she herself was also falling deeper in love with him.

After there little session, both went downstairs and had dinner with Gerard’s family Kate was able to meet Gerard’s father Donald and as well she got along with him, she could see he had a sense of humour like Gerard and she now knew where Gerard got his looks from.

Having dinner was great Mikey and Alicia were there and showed Kate a few of there wedding photo’s and was able to catch up with them which was great, Mikey still hadn’t told anyone when Kate saw Frank before she got back with Gerard and she still truly appreciated it.

Towards the end of the night everyone went to sleep ready for the long trip tomorrow, Kate cuddled into Gerard glad to be in his arms again and both drifted off to sleep.