Someday I will Understand

Chapter 59 When you exhale

Already awake and not sure what to do Kate decided she better return her mother’s call
Calling Australia they were a couple of hours behind, so Kate knew it was early but her mother never minded
As the phone rang a soft voice answered

“Hi Mama”
“Kate darling is that you?”
“Yeh it is, sorry it’s taken so long to ring”
“That’s ok, how are you, what have you been up to?”
“I’m pretty good, I’m in Japan with Gerard and last night we attended an awards show and it was so nice and I got to wear a pretty dress and present an award though Bridget and I had no idea what anyone was saying through out the show, everything was in Japanese and Gerard and his band won an award so we had some drinks last night”
“And how are you really doing, your father and I are worried about you”
“I’m fine Ma I promise” kate hated lying to her mother more then anything she wanted to be able to tell her she was pregnant but she knew she couldnt yet the timing wasn’t right yet
“That’s good, I spoke to Emma yesterday she’s ready to pop for sure, are you going to be here for the birth?”
“Um.. I don’t think so I’ll be in Germany”
“Kate that’s not good enough, you know your sister wants you there with her, just like she was there for you.
We thought you would be in Australia by now”
“Ma I really don’t know, I have commitments too you know, can we not talk about it now”
“Kate Amber Bartlett, you will listen now I want you here for your sister, I’m sure it’s not hard to get a flight booked and look your already in Japan”
“Ma it don’t work like that, I have flights scheduled at the moment if I’m not there for the birth I will be there when the baby is born”
“ What is Gerard more important then your own family” Kate’s mum said rasing her voice
Kate was now getting agitated “No mum Gerard isn’t more important but he is a important person in my life, look I gotta go, I’ll talk to you later
“Kate don’t you dare hang up”
With that she did she knew her mother would be pissed at her and that’s the last thing she wanted but when her mum raised her voice at her she really hated it

Gerard was awake and had heard the majority of the conversation
“Babe are you alright” he asked soothingly
“Yeh it’s just my mum, she wants me to come home for Emma and then she was going do I think your more important then my family and I said no but that you are a very important person in my life and then she was demanding that I come back home and yelling at me and I was getting angry so I hung up on her”
“Oh.. Katie you know you can go home for the birth of your sister’s baby, I don’t want you to feel I’m keeping you here”
“I know it’s just I don’t think I can, it will just bring back too many memories and trust me my sister will know I’m pregnant and she cant know yet”
“Katie how’s she gonna know, your not even showing”
“Trust me she will know, when I was pregnant with Hayden she knew and I wasnt showing but she knew, it’s like she know’s everything”
“Your being silly babe”
“Maybe I am but I swear she has a sixth sense for knowing everything”
“And baby it shouldn’t stop you especially as your going to be an Aunt”
“I know I’m just scared that’s all”
“Everything will be fine” Gerard said giving Kate a hug

Kate lounged around the hotel with Bridget while the boys had another TV interview to do, Kate was contemplating to go back to Australia cause she knew it would hurt her sister if she wasnt there for the birth as Emma was there for Kate when she had Hayden.

Having everything packed Bridget didnt want to go back to America but she didnt know how to ask Kate if she could go on tour with her for a little while, Kate could see that Bridget really was bursting to say something she could see it on Bridget’s facial expression.

“Bridge what’s up, I know you wanna say something but for like the last hour you have been pretty quiet”
“It’s nothing” she whispered
“Come on Bridge what’s up?”
“Um..I know it will most probably be no so what’s the point?”
“Just tell me woman!”
“Ok, Can I come on tour with you?” Bridget asked really fast
“Um... I’d really like that Bridge I would but it’s not my decision to make”
“Oh” Bridget said with a sad tone in her voice
“But I will ask Gee and the guys as soon as they come back if you like?”
“Really you would do that, that would be like so cool” Bridget squealed
“Of course I would, and look I’m sure it will be fine” Kate said with a smile
“Aww Kate your like the best person ever I swear, your just awesome, wow I could be going on tour with you” Bridget said and started jumping around the room

By now everyone had arrived and everyone was standing around so Kate took Gerard out on to the balcony so she could talk privately to him
“Babe I was wondering if it would be ok if Bridge joined us for a couple of weeks?” Kate didnt know what he would say
“Um I don’t know babe I gotta talk to the guys and Brian”
“I fully understand, if it’s ok I need her for a couple of weeks for work cause people know I’m up and about know and they are gonna wanna do interviews and shit like that and If I can have Bridge there even if for like a week or so it would be such a big help” Kate said with a little smile on her face
“Ok I’ll go and talk to them”

Gerard went off and rounded everyone up and told them of the situation, everyone said it was fine, though the only concern was from Bob and he didnt want any squealing other then that he thought it would only be for a couple of weeks.
Gerard went and told Kate who then told Bridget who got really excited, arrangements were made for Bridget to fly out this evening and meet everyone in Germany in the morning while everyone else was leaving this afternoon.

Being that it was time to leave everyone got on the bus minus Bridget and headed to the airport for the flight to Germany, Kate sat with Gerard on the bus and cuddled in to his arms, she loved it being like this and for once she wasnt thinking of her pregnancy until it was time.