Someday I will Understand

Chater 74 how do you sleep at night?

Kate awoke the next day with the sun gleaming in on her, she didnt want to open her eyes as she knew that it would be too bright but she could feel that the curtain was opened and the warmth was there, slowly she opened one of her eyes and started to look around she could see that Gerard was not there and assumed he had already woken up - Finally opening her other eye she rolled over and looked at the clock, it was after 10:30 she couldn’t believe she had slept that long there was so much that she wanted to get done.

Getting out of bed she placed her robe on and went down stairs where the smell of coffee loured her in to the kitchen.
Gerard got up out of his seat and walked over to Kate where he placed his arms around her now large belly and kissed her on the lips.
“Morning Babe, Did you sleep well?”
“Yeh I did and I don’t have any pains...where is everyone?” Kate asked questioningly
“They went out Mum had to do some shopping and Ali went with her and Mikey is in the backyard”
“Cool, today I think I might go shopping”
“Are you sure especially after last night babe I don’t want anything to happen”
“Baby I’ll be fine and there is some last things I wanna get for the baby”
“Ok...you know what your doing”

Kate loved that Gerard was thinking of her and she was glad that in a way that last night he had, had a wake up call but she didnt want him to become possessive.

Getting dressed she put on her J-Lo designer tracksuit (which was light blue) with a pair of thongs and tossed her hair up in a messy pony tail with no make up, she loved the casual look but was looking forward to having the baby and getting back to her normal body weight.

For the rest of the day Kate did go shopping and was able to but some last needed baby products that she had wanted to get. Gerard hadn’t been able to relax the rest of the afternoon as he had been worrying about Kate as she had gone out by herself and he wasnt there if something was gonna happen, which he prayed wouldn’t.

Kate had been followed by a few paparazzi but they had stayed at a safe distance as non of them wanted to stress her out and cause any harm to the baby or herself, Kate did get recognised on the street by the public and was asked for a few photo’s and some autographs and she was happy to oblige - she started to feel wanted again as she had been out of work for sometime now and that craving was coming back again to succeed.

Arriving back at the way residence, Kate got out of Gerard’s black SUV (in which she had borrowed) and took her purchases where she dumped them on the lounge room floor and plonked herself on the sofa, Exhausted from her busy afternoon.

“Katie your back” Mikey said walking over to where she was sitting
“Yeh... just a lil tired, I swear I cant wait to have this baby I get so tired and then I eat... Oh my god I don’t stop and then I’m constantly running to the toilet...I hate it”
“Well Katie just think not much longer” Mikey said trying to be positive
“Thank god...where’s Gerard?”
“Um...he said he was going for a walk or something”
“Oh ok”

It was after dinner and Gerard hadn’t returned home kate was starting to get worried she had called his cell phone numerous amount of times and it had gone straight to voice mail and with Kate’s hormones now rising she was getting more pissed off and left an abusive message on his phone.

Kate didnt know what to do it was nearing 10pm and still she had heard nothing from having a great day it had turned into one of the worst, she started to think if Gerard was angry at her then why couldnt he deal with it and then she thought that he may be hurt but she knew it was no use calling the cops as they wouldn’t do anything and Mikey wasn’t that worried unless he was keeping something from her and they way she was thinking she knew anything could be happening.

“Mikey do you know where Gerard is”She yelled
Mikey was startled from the way Kate was coming across “Kate I don’t know...I swear” Mikey said trying to defend himself
“Well Mikey it’s not like him at all to just up and go, he would let me know...I don’t like it” Kate said as she started to cry
“Katie shh don’t cry please, he will be fine” Mikey was starting to feel guilty as he knew where Gerard was but Gerard had made him promise that he wouldn’t tell Kate and that he would be back in the morning.
“How do you know...”she said as she continued to cry

Kate got up and decided to go to bed she rang Gerard one last time and left one last message sobbing into the phone “Gerard...where are you, I’m worried...if your angry at me please call, I don’t know what I’ve done and I’m scared please call me and come home”

After Kate had ended the call she got changed and hopped in to bed where she felt a piece of paper under her pillow, it was neatly folded and it was addressed to Gerard, Kate couldnt keep her eyes off it and didnt know what to do she didnt want to invade his privacy but at the same time he wasn’t there and he was hurting her by not being there so her curiosity took over and she started to read.