Someday I will Understand

Chapter 81 See it all in my Baby

Eliza was satisfied with what she had accomplished so far she was sure that all would be forgiven and Eliza was certain Alicia would help her without even knowing she was doing it. Back at he Way residence Kate was having a ball she was glad that Bridget had been able to make it but at the same time she was sad that none of her own family were there to support her.

Kate knew that Emma would have been there in a heart beat but Kate was wanting more then that she had the longing feeling of being wanted and finally accepted by her parents. After everyone had finally left Kate went and got changed in to some comfortable PJ’s where she just wanted to snuggle on the sofa with Gerard, but at the same time she had what Eliza said to her nagging in the back of her mind which only meant she would have to talk to Gerard about it.

Kate was able to talk to Gerard and let him know what had happened with Eliza which he wasnt impressed about he wanted nothing to do with her as he knew what she was like hurting people just to get what she wanted and she would do it until she succeeded and Gerard didnt want Kate to be a pawn in her game.
Kate understood where Gerard was coming from but at the same time thought that maybe she wasnt like that Kate wasnt one to give second chances but after speaking to Alicia she thought that with Eliza she would.

Gerard was upset that Kate wanted to give Eliza that chance as he was sure that it would backfire but didnt want to say anything as he thought Kate would need to learn this on her own.

A few weeks had passed and Kate was now at the 38 week mark since talking to Eliza last she hadn’t got in contact with her as she had, had so many other things on her mind and she was so looking forward to finally having the baby - her tests had become more frequent and the baby was fine, Gerard was more excited at the fact of finally meeting the little person that Kate was carrying. Both of them had thought of names whether it was a boy or girl but hadn’t told anyone as they wanted to wait until the baby was born before they told anyone.

Kate was sitting on the sofa reading a magazine while had gone over to Frank’s house for a little while, when she started to feel sharp pains in her abdomen area she knew straight away what it was contractions, she got up from where she was sitting and starting yelling everyone’s names - when no one answered Kate went up to Mikey’s room where she heard loud music she knew that he was there as he hadn’t left to go anywhere. Kate started to bang on the door and yelling his name out “Mikey! Mikey open the bloody door”

Before the long the music was turned down and the door open “Katie What’s up” Mikey asked looking puzzled
“Mikey I’m in labour, I need some help please” Kate said casually she not to worry as it was only the start of the labour and there was no need to stress at this stage
Mikey looked at her his face going white “Oh Shit...What do you want me to do “ He said with panic in his voice
“Please can you ring Gerard and let him know what’s happening, I’m going to make myself a cup of coffee”
“Huh...yeh...How can you drink don’t we need to take you to the hospital?” Mikey asked confused
“Not yet my contractions are about 30mins apart so I still have time” Kate said
Mikey went and rang Gerard while Kate waddled into the kitchen and made herself a hot drink and sat at the kitchen table waiting for Mikey to come back to her.
Mikey came running down the stairs looking like a lost puppy getting very stressed as he didnt know what to do.

“Mikey please don’t stress, I’m fine at the moment” Kate said with a smile
“I...um...rang Gerard and he is on his way now he will be here in a few minutes”Mikey said stumbling his speech
“Wonderful, now all we do is wait”
“Shouldn’t I take you to the hospital?”
“No I want Gerard to do it... Mikey it really is ok” Kate replied trying t be reassuring

After a short time Gerard arrived and bolted in to the house with Frank.
“Baby is it really time” he asked all excited
“Yeh it is...my contractions are about 25mins apart now but I think we should get to the hospital now” Kate said grinning from ear to ear, she could feel the contractions now more then what she had felt earlier.
Gerard bolted upstairs and grabbed Kate’s bag which had everything for her stay in hospital and then ran back down stairs he didnt want to keep Kate waiting.
“Mikey can we take your car?...I don’t want Kate in the SUV” Gerard asked
“Yeh sure bro that’s fine, have you called Mum and Dad?” Mikey replied
“Nah not yet...I’ll do it at the hospital”

Gerard grabbed Kate’s bag and helped her to the car once in he drove off, Mikey was going to take Frank in Gerard’s car - On the way Mikey called all the guys and his parents along with Alicia to let them know what was happening and if they could come down to the hospital.
Everyone was on there way, back in Mikey’s car Gerard was beaming from side to side he looked towards Kate who also couldn’t keep the smile off her face “It’s time baby” she said smiling
“I know Katie, I cant believe it...its finally here we are gonna meet out baby”
“I know I cant wait” Kate said as she winced in pain
“Are you ok?” Gerard asked
“Yeh just another contraction”

Gerard pulled up in to the hospital and got out of the car, grabbing Kate’s bag and helping her walk in to the maternity ward. As he walked Gerard started to think and that in a short time he was going to be a father there was nothing more that he wanted but one thing but he would wait.

***A/N****
i have added some more pics on the www.myspace.com/somedayiwillinderstand also please comment on my story!!
Thanks :-)