Someday I will Understand

Chapter 83 IT'S A.....??????????

Kate was in the theatre with Gerard beside her, everyone else was waiting in the waiting room where they were besides themselves looking forward to hearing the good news.

Back in the theatre Kate hade the urge just to push, she knew she was ready she wanted this baby out.

“Ok Kate I need you to push for me” Kate’s doctor asked
Gerard stood there in amazement just in awe at Kate he was so proud of her, Kate nodded towards her doctor and started to push, she could feel a burning and stretching sensation.
“Ok Kate that’s great the baby is crowning, I need you to push again for me Kate your almost there” The doctor said
“Katie your doing so well..I love you so much” Gerard said still holding Kate’s hand

Kate looked towards him, “Dr. Phillips I cant push anymore I’m so tired, I need a break”
Kate’s doctor let out a little giggle “I’m sorry Kate but there is no time for breaks...I need you to push for me”

Kate let out a loud yell and pushed as hard as she could possibly do “Wonderful just one more push just one more” Dr Phillips replied, Gerard now had gone around to the front of Kate to watch her giving birth, he could see his child’s head and knew that it wouldn’t be much longer
“Baby I can see the head” Gerard exclaimed “Just one more push Kate”

Kate was getting tired but gave it her all and pushed harder then she thought she could, she knew it was over when she heard that first sound, her baby crying. Tears of happiness started to fall down her face.
“Congratulations Kate, you have a baby girl” Dr Phillips said
“Katie we have a girl, I’m a dad you’re a mum, oh baby I’m so proud of you” Gerard said walking over to her and kissing her on the lips
“Mr Way would you like to cut the umbilical cord” Dr Phillips asked
Gerard nodded and cut the umbilical cord, a mid wife then proceeded to take over there baby daughter to meet Kate and Gerard
“OMG Gerard she’s beautiful” Kate said with a smile
“Ok Kate we are going to clean the little one up for you, right now we need to get rid of the placenta, so as not to have any infections “Dr Phillips said
After expelling the afterbirth, Kate and Gerard’s child had been cleaned up, measured and weighed, the nurse bought her back over to where Kate was laying in the hospital bed exhausted after just giving birth.
Holding her daughter in her arms, Kate felt the sensation of love - Kate stared at her in awe she couldn’t believe the little person she had longed to meet was finally here, Gerard was beside himself...right now he was so in love with Kate and tremendously proud of her.

Kate cooed at her baby girl “Do you want to meet your Daddy?” Kate looked over at Gerard, who took his baby daughter out of her arms and held his daughter for the first time “Your so beautiful” Gerard said looking at his daughter in his arms and planting a soft kiss on her small forehead.

“Gee, does anyone else know?” Kate asked
“Know what?” Gerard replied
“That we have a daughter?” Kate said laughing
“Oh shit, I forgot” Gerard said with a huge grin on his face “I just wanna hold her forever”
“I know baby she’s so beautiful...are we still going to call her what we had decided?”
“Yeh baby I think it suits her beautifully”

The nurse had walked over and took Kate and Gerard’s daughter from Gerard’s arms
“Kate we are going to let you get some rest...have you decided on a name for the little one?”
Kate and Gerard looked at each other and Kate then spoke “Yes Sadie Elena Way”
“What a beautiful name” the nurse replied
Kate was wheeled back to her room while Gerard went out to where everyone was waiting, with a huge smile on his face he yelled “IT’S A GIRL”

Donna came running up to Gerard and embraced him tight “Oh Gerard...I have a granddaughter” Donna said smothering her son with kisses, Don was next and shook his sons hand and embraced him with a manly hug.
Alicia came running up giggling “OMG Gee...I’m an auntie and it’s a little girl...congratulations!”
Mikey shook his brother’s hand “How’s Kate doing?” Mikey asked
“She’s doing great...she was awesome in there...they have taken her back to her room to get some rest”
“Does your daughter have a name” Frank asked
“Yeh man she does...we both have decided to call her Sadie Elena Way” Gerard replied
Donna heard what Gerard said and started to cry “Oh Gerard how beautiful... and you have honoured your grandmother”
“It was Kate’s idea ma...I thought of Sadie and she wanted to use Elena as a tribute to nonna” Gerard said
“Can we go and see Kate and the baby or should I say my niece” Alicia asked
“um...yeh it should be fine, I’m sure Kate would love to see all of you”

Gerard walked everyone up to Kate’s room where she was relaxing on her bed with Sadie in her arms, Gerard walked in with his parents, Mikey and Alicia, the rest being Bob, Frank and Ray decided to wait outside so as not to overwhelm Kate.
“Oh Kate she is beautiful” Donna said giving Kate a kiss on the forehead
“Congratulations Katie” Mikey said
“Donna would you like to hold your granddaughter?”Kate asked
“Oh...Kate I would love to” Donna gushed
Kate handed over her daughter to Donna who cradled Sadie in her arms, afer a some time Gerard’s parents and Mikey and Alicia left, where Frank, Ray and Bob came in to see Kate and her daughter
“Wow Kate...she’s soo tiny” Frank exclaimed
Ray gave Kate a hug and kiss, “Bob would you like to hold her” Kate asked as she had seen Bob staring at the baby “Nah its cool...it looks like I could break her”
“Bob I swear you will be fine...if Gerard can hold her then you certainly can” Kate replied
Kate placed Sadie in Bob’s arms where he held her tightly so as not to drop her.
“Gee Bobo, you would make a great father” Gerard said laughing
“Haha so not funny man...please take her back” Bob replied

Frank placed his arms out to hold the baby, Bob passed the baby on to Frank who was happy holding Sadie in his arms...deep down he wished she was his child with Kate there were feelings that just wouldn’t disappear.

After everyone had left Kate got some rest as she knew her life had changed for good, she now had a daughter, to her she wanted to make this an exciting phase in her life.

A/N There are more pictures on Kate's myspace @ www.myspace.com/somedayiwillunderstand.
Also please comment on my story, i wanna know know if i should keep writing or not!!!!!!!!!!!!