Trust

Jared's ride home

After school, Jared was riding his skateboard home. While listening to music at a crosswalk, he could've sworn that he had seen Lyn-z. He rode on for about 2 more blocks, until he crossed the alley. That was where he found his older brother. Mario, his 20 year old brother, was doing meth. Often, when Jared would walk into his brother's room, to find a disgusting stench, and a needle in his palms. Jared foung Mario passed out across the pavement. "Mario!" Jared screamed as he ran to his brother. He checked for a pulse, nothing. He took his cellphone out of his pocket, then called for an ambulance. Mario's eye's were wide open, blankly staring outward. His skin was pale, his skin was as cold as death itself. He smelled as if he hadn't showered fo day's. There was a needle lying next to his hand. The ambulance arrived 5 minutes later. They put Mario onto a stretcher, and placed him inside. "What's your relation to this young man?" said one of the EMT's. "He's my brother." said Jared, trying with all his might to fight back tears. "Well, then you'd better come along." said the EMT. Jared sat alongside his brother in the back. They arrived at the hospital 10 minutes later. Mario was rushed to the emergancy room. While, Jared waited in the waiting room. The two lived their grandmother, their parents weren't mentally fit to care for them. Jared phoned his granmother. He told her all that had happened, "Okay grandma, I'll call you later to tell you how he's doing." "Yes sweetheart." she replied.

After 30 minutes, the docter finally walked out. During that time, Jared had decided to do his homework. Yet, he found it very hard to concentrate. "Son, I have some bad news." said the doctor. "What is it? Mario's okay right?" said a very afraid Jared. "No," the doctor answered "Mario's dead. He died of a drug overdose. I'll call a cab to take you home. I'll pay for it. I'm very sorry." and with that he walked away. Jared eyes teared up, but he didn't want to cry, in a room full of people. Just as the doctor had said, he paid for the cab. Once Jared got home, he walked in to see his grandmother sitting at the dining room table. She stood up, and wobbled over to hug Jared, then began to speak "Jared, Mario, is he...". "He's dead," Jared interuppted " He died of a drug overdosage." After that, his garndmother fell to the floor, hysterically crying. Jared ran into his room, and too, began crying.
♠ ♠ ♠
My mother lost a friend, to meth. I knew him as well. His name was Freddie, he was a valued friend, and family member. He was like a father to me. He made childhood wonderful for me. I miss him dearly. And I never got a chance to say, I love you. Well, Freddie, if you're watching me, I miss you, and I love you!