The Rescue

Kidnapped

Billie Joe Armstrong tossed and turned violently in his bed, getting the sheets all tangled up. He was soaked in cold sweat. "Nooo!" he shouted in his sleep.

Then his alarm went off, waking him and bringing him back to reality. He breathed heavily. It was the fifth night he had had the nightmare, only this time it had gone farther.

He sleepily reached over and turned off the alarm. Still only half-awake and being deep in thought, reflecting on his dreams, he made his way to the bathroom. He stretched and yawned before rubbing his eyes. He looked at his reflection in the mirror. His piercing green eyes stared back at him. Bags were starting to form under them from lack of sleep. Tonight was the first night he had actually slept past 3 in the morning. Usually he woke up early because of the nightmares that haunted him. He didn't know where they had come from or what they meant, they just suddenly became what he was learning to hate about sleeping.

After relieving himself like he always did when he first woke up, he washed his hands. When he returned to his bedroom he suddenly froze up, eyes widened. He hurried over to the closet and looked into it. There were only his clothes. He then looked through all the drawers. Only his clothes were in there. He looked at his bedside table. There was only the clock radio. He sprinted downstairs in only his boxer shorts and looked around the kitchen. There was nothing out of the ordinary. He checked all the other rooms except for Joey and Jakob's since he didn't want to wake them up. They all seemed normal except they were all missing one thing: any trace or sign of Adrienne Armstrong ever having existed or lived in this house. Billie then looked down at his ring finger. There wasn't a ring on it.

He found it hard to breathe. He knew a panic attack was coming on. He sat down on the couch in the living room and tried to calm himself.

That was what had happened in his nightmare. Adie had been kidnapped. And he knew who did it. He knew how he was to get her back. He knew that he was going to do it. He knew what his nightmares meant now. He knew he could end up dead by trying. He knew who he was going to ask for help. He knew he was going to end up in something way over his head. What he didn't know, though, was that someone else knew that he knew all those things.

***

"Billie Joe, we are waiting for you," an old man whispered at the reflection of Billie sitting on the couch looking determined in a pan of water, "We are waiting for you."